Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Claire Uren qualified as a registered general nurse in 1990 and worked on an acute surgical unit in a district hospital for five years before moving to community nursing.
Claire became involved in education in 2001, taking on the role of Practice Educator for Bournemouth University, whilst continuing with her practice role as a community nurse. Claire has become increasingly involved in education as a lecturer and practice education link for pre and post registration education in health and social care, currently working as a University Practice Learning Adviser across the Somerset locality. Claire completed her Masters degree in Health and Social Care Education in 2010.
Contributing to an evaluation of the Collaborative Learning in Practice (CLiP) model at Yeovil District Hospital. This involved meetings to set up the project and participating in focus groups as part of the evaluation.
- Uren, C. and Shepherd, P., 2016. Valuing the Student Contribution to Practice. Nursing Times, 1-4.
- Uren, C., 2016. Nurturing the future workforce. Nursing in Practice.
- Shepherd, P. and Uren, C., 2014. Protecting students' supernumerary status. Nursing Times, 110 (20), 18-20.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Post-registration CPD Framework - 'Learning & Assessing in the Practice Environment' at Levels I, H and M
Profile of Teaching UG
- Academic Adviser
- Identifying knowledge for practice
- Professional Role
- Development and maintenance of a website for practice assessors to improve communication and provide innovative ways for practice assessors to update., Bournemouth University
- Organise and facilitate annual mentorship conferences with UPLA colleagues., Bournemouth University
- RCN Centenary Conference 2016, The Mentor's Legacy, 22 Nov 2016, QE 2 Centre
- RCN Annual International Nursing Research Conference and Exhibition 2015, Valuing the Student Contribution, 20 Apr 2015, Nottingham
- NET2014, Time to teach, time to learn, 08 Sep 2014, Cambridge
- FINE Conference, Promoting competence in supporting learners in practice, 03 Oct 2012, Cardiff
- Phi Mu Chapter Inaugural Conference, Protect the student, protect the patient: The role of supernumerary status, 13 Jun 2013, Bournemouth
- Registered Nurse, Adult in Nursing (Dorset School of Nursing, 1990)
- BSc (Hons) in Health Studies (Bournemouth University, 2006)
- MA in Health and Social Care Education (Bournemouth University, 2010)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow,
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Registered Nurse - Adult & Teacher (1990-),
- Royal College of Nursing, Member,