Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Quynh holds a PhD in Hospitality Management and an MSc in Tourism Management from Bournemouth University. Her research interests focus on tourism and hospitality employment, culture, service encounter, and consumer behaviour. Quynh has worked at various levels in the tourism and hospitality industry within the UK and internationally. Before joining Bournemouth University, she taught at Ton Duc Thang University, Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City, and University of Essex. She has published work related to service encounter and presented key findings at national and international conferences. Quynh has been a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy since 2019.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
- Nguyen, Q., Ladkin, A. and Osman, H., 2022. What helps or hinders the emotional intelligence practice? A study of Vietnamese hotel workers. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 34 (2), 534-554.
- Nguyen, Q., 2017. Exploring Vietnamese hotel workers’ reading of guests’ emotional expressions. In: 4th World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality 8-11 December 2017 Orlando, Florida.
- Nguyen, Q., Ladkin, A. and Osman, H., 2016. Emotional Intelligence and hotel employees in Vietnam. In: Council for Hospitality Management Education Conference 4-6 May 2016 Ulster University.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Marketing & Strategy
- Omnichannel Strategy & Supply Chain Management
- Global Food & Drink
Profile of Teaching UG
- Global Hospitality
- Marketing for Tourism & Hospitality
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Regional Studies Association membership (BU QR, 10 Jul 2022). Awarded
- Santander Mobility Awards 2017-2018 (Santander, 01 Sep 2017). Completed
- Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO), Panel member (2019-), http://www.nvao.net/
- Annals of Tourism Research, Anonymous peer review, 01 Sep 2020
- PhD in Emotional Intelligence in Hospitality (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- MSc in Tourism Management (Bournemouth University, 2012)
- Vice-Chancellor PhD Scholarship (Bournemouth University, 2014)
- Vice-Chancellor MSc Scholarship (Bournemouth University, 2010)
- Vallet Foundation Scholarship (2008)
- Regional Studies Association, Member (2022-),
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2019-),