Dr Quynh Nguyen
- qtnguyen at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Hospitality Management
- Dorset House D144, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Quynh holds a PhD in Emotional Intelligence in Hospitality and an MSc in Tourism Management from Bournemouth University, achieved under the Vice-Chancellor Scholarship in 2010 and 2014. Her research interests include consumer behaviour, service marketing, culture, and tourism employment. She is currently working on the interaction between customers and service providers with a focus on cultural differences. Building on her PhD research, Quynh is an emerging thought leader in the areas of emotional regulation in cross-cultural communications and interested in PhD supervision and collaboration in this line of research. She has published work related to service marketing and presented key findings at national and international conferences. Quynh is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Quynh’s previous experience reflects Bournemouth University’s commitment to the fusion of education, research and practice. Her career included the lectureships at Ton Duc Thang University, Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City, and University of Essex... She contributed to the Accreditation of an MA Programme provided by Hotelschool The Hague (the Netherlands) as a panel member in 2020. At the end of her PhD, she worked on a research project funded by the British Academy on the culture of chronically under-performing firms in the Faculty of Media & Communication, Bournemouth University. Prior to academia, Quynh worked at various levels in the tourism and hospitality industry within the UK and internationally. This allows her to incorporate research and professional practice into teaching, providing students with relevant and contemporary issues within the industry.more
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
- Nguyen, Q., Ladkin, A. and Osman, H., 2022. What helps or hinders the emotional intelligence practice? A study of Vietnamese hotel workers. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 34 (2), 534-554.
- Nguyen, Q., 2018. Exploring Emotional Intelligence: A study of Vietnamese hotel workers. In: Council for Hospitality Management Education 22-25 May 2018 Bournemouth University.
- Nguyen, Q., 2017. Exploring Vietnamese hotel workers’ reading of guests’ emotional expressions. In: 4th World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality 8-11 December 2017 Orlando, Florida.
- Nguyen, Q., Ladkin, A. and Osman, H., 2016. Emotional Intelligence and hotel employees in Vietnam. In: Council for Hospitality Management Education Conference 4-6 May 2016 Ulster University.
- Nguyen, Q., 2019. Exploring emotional intelligence: a study of Vietnamese hotel workers. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Management.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Marketing & Strategy
- Omnichannel Strategy & Supply Chain Management
- MSc Dissertation supervision
Profile of Teaching UG
- Global Hospitality
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Regional Studies Association membership (BU QR, 10 Jul 2022). Completed
- Santander Mobility Awards 2017-2018 (Santander, 01 Sep 2017). Completed
- Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO), Panel member (2019), http://www.nvao.net/
- Cogent Business and Management, Anonymous peer review, 09 Mar 2023
- Annals of Tourism Research, Anonymous peer review, 01 Sep 2020
- PhD in Emotional Intelligence in Hospitality (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- MSc in Tourism Management (Bournemouth University, 2012)
- Vice-Chancellor PhD Scholarship (Bournemouth University, 2014)
- Vice-Chancellor MSc Scholarship (Bournemouth University, 2010)
- Vallet Foundation Scholarship (2008)
- Regional Studies Association, Member (2022-),
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2019-),