- sbarbieri at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Simone Barbieri, born in Cagliari, Italy, is a Research Engineer (EngD) in Virtual Reality and Computer Animation, at the Centre for Digital Entertainment, Bournemouth University. His research is funded by EPSRC. He is currently collaborating with Thud Media, in Cardiff. For his current research project, he is under the supervision of Dr. Xiaosong Yang and Dr. Zhidong Xiao from Bournemouth University and Mr. Ben Cawthorne from Thud Media.
Mr. Barbieri obtained his BSc (2012) and MSc (2014) in Computer Science from Cagliari University, in Italy. His Master's Thesis was about a curve-skeleton editing tool and a novel inverse-skeletonization algorithm which produces three-dimensional quad-meshes.
Mr. Barbieri's current research is focused on combining traditional computer graphics techniques with virtual reality. His research interests include virtual reality, computer animation and sketch-based interaction.
His previous research consisted in using hand-drawn sketches to pose 3D characters, but also guide the detailed deformation on the shape flow, allowing him to draw just a partial outline of the character's components, leaving untouched the other ones.
- Barbieri, S., Meloni, P., Usai, F., Spano, L.D. and Scateni, R., 2016. An interactive editor for curve-skeletons: SkeletonLab. Computers & graphics, 60 (November 2016), 23-33.
- Barbieri, S., Cawthorne, B., Xiao, Z. and Yang, X., 2017. Repurpose 2D character animations for a VR environment using BDH shape interpolation. 69-85.
- Barbieri, S., Cawthrone, B., Xiao, Z. and Yang, X., 2017. Repurpose 2D Character Animations for a VR Environment using BDH Shape Interpolation. In: The 11th International conference on E-Learning and Game 26-28 June 2017 United Kingdom. 69-85.
- Barbieri, S., Meloni, P., Usai, F. and Scateni, R., 2015. Skeleton Lab: an Interactive Tool to Create, Edit, and Repair Curve-Skeletons. The Eurographics Association.
- Barbieri, S., Jiang, T., Cawthorne, B., Xiao, Z. and Yang, X., 2018. 3D content creation exploiting 2D character animation.
- Barbieri, S., Garau, N., Hu, W., Xiao, Z. and Yang, X., 2016. Enhancing character posing by a sketch-based interaction.
- 3D VR content creation exploiting 2D character animation (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, 01 Oct 2015). In Progress
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (University of Cagliari, 2012)
- MSc in Computer Science (University of Cagliari, 2014)