Dr Stefanos Marangos
- 01202 961725
- smarangos at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer in Strategy
- Executive Business Centre EB401, Bournemouth University, 89 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Stefanos Marangos is a Senior Lecturer in Strategy at Bournemouth University Business School and a Programme Leader for the BA (Hons) Global Business Management (Top-up - online). Prior to joining Bournemouth University, Stefanos worked as a Lecturer in Strategy and Innovation at Business School at the University of Southampton.
Stefanos has a PhD in Open Innovation and an MSc in Management Sciences and Finance from the University of Southampton and BSc in Financial Applications from TEI Kozanis in Greece.
Current research includes open innovation and innovation management, strategic business models, self-managed learning, inquiry-based learning.
Stefanos is the Programme Leader of BA (Hons) Global Business Management (BAGBM)
He is also a Senior Fellow of the HEA (Higher Education Academy).
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
Sustainable cities and communities
"Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable"
- Marangos, S. and Warren, L., 2017. A Mapping for Managers: Open Innovation for R&D Intensive SMEs in the life sciences sector. European Journal of Innovation Management, 20 (2), 210-229.
- Marangos, S., Warren, L. and Kitagawa, F., 2010. Networks and Spatiality of University Incubators: Global and local links amongst SET squared spin-off/intra-firms at Universities of Bath, Bristol, Southampton and Surrey in England. Orkestra Working Paper Series in Territorial Competitiveness, Number 2010-R03 (EN).
- Marangos, S., Oe, H. and Takemoto**, T., 2022. Open Innovation Post-Covid: A study of Japanese SMEs. In: British Academy of Management 31 August-2 September 2022 Manchester, UK.
- Marangos, S., Gatenby, M., Cantore, S., Rowledge, T., Davidson, T. and Rakrouki, Z., 2017. Evolution of inquiry based learning at Southampton Business School Co-Design group. In: Connecting Higher Education International perspectives on research-based education 27-28 June 2017 University College London.
- Davidson, T., Rowledge, T., Gatenby, M., Cantore, S., Marangos, S. and Rakrouki, Z., 2017. After the Flood: forming green shoots by co-designing management learning. In: Management and Organizational Behavior Teaching Society 14-17 June 2017 Providence, Rhode Island, USA..
- Marangos, S. and Lin, F., 2017. Exploring knowledge transferability and innovation in an emerging market. In: JAMS Thought Leaders’ conference on Marketing Strategy in Digital, Data-Rich, and Developing Market 3 2-4 June 2017 Beijing - China.
- Davidson, T., Rowledge, T., Gatenby, M., Cantore, S., Marangos, S. and Rakrouki, Z., 2017. Students as researchers in co-designed business management education. In: British Conference of Undergraduate Research 2017 25-26 April 2017 Bournemouth, UK.
- Marangos, S., Warren, L. and Thomas, S.R., 2013. Open Innovation in the Biopharmaceutical industry: Does size matter? In: Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship 12-14 November 2013 Cardiff.
- Open Innovation in UK SMEs: Pre and Post pandemic growth and development in the Dorset region (Bournemouth University, 01 Jun 2021). Awarded
- PGCAP in Academic Practice (University of Southampton, 2019)
- PhD in Open Innovation (University of Southampton, 2015)
- MSc in Management Sciences and Finance (University of Southampton, 2009)
- BSc (Hons) in Financial Applications (TEI Kozanis, 2006)
- Charted Management Institute, Member (2019-),
- Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow (2019-),
- Centre for Co-Design and Learning, Associate (2017-), http://www.codesign.org.uk/
- Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ISBE), Member (2013-),
- British Academy of Management, Member (2012-),