- smuridzo at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer in Business and Management
- Dorset House D135, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a Senior Lecturer in Leadership and Organisational Behaviour at Bournemouth University Business School.Presently, I am the BA (Hons) Business and Management and BA (Hons) Business Studies Level 5 Programme Coordinator. I am a Fellow of the HEA and hold a Postgraduate Certificate in Education Practice. I have a background in media, journalism, and marketing, having taught in Bournemouth University’s media department at both undergraduate and postgraduate level on units such as Race, Media & Inequality and Media & Society.
In the Business School I teach Developing Management Competencies, Organisational Behaviour & Responsible Management and Organisational Leadership, at the undergraduate level. At the postgraduate level I teach Leadership Essentials.
My PhD from Bournemouth University is on how public service broadcasting in Zimbabwe covers periods of political contestation. The focus is on the tensions of political control and professional autonomy public organisations face.
My research interests are interdisciplinary. I am an emerging thinker on the broad field of institutional theory, particularly focusing on institutional logics perspectives, hybrid organisations, hybrid employees, the future of work, leadership, media management and media business.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Good health and well-being
"Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages"
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
Peace, justice and strong institutions
"Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels"
- Muridzo, S., 2019. Managing Public Service Broadcasting: A Hybrid model in Zimbabwe. An Institutional logics Perspective. In: European Media Management Association annual conference 5-6 June 2019 Limassol, Cyprus.
- Nordberg, D. and Muridzo, S., 2018. Governing the country through the public broadcasting corporation. In: British Academy of Management symposium on Corporate Governance in the Middle East and Africa 16 February 2018 Cass Business School, London.
- Muridzo, S., Nordberg, D. and Jukes, S., 2017. Suppressing higher aims? Buried institutional logics resurface in public service broadcasting in Zimbabwe, 1970-2008. In: British Academy of Management 5-7 September 2017 Warwick.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Leadership Essentials
Profile of Teaching UG
- Developing Management Competencies
- Organisational Behaviour & Responsible Management
- Organisational Leadership
- Programme Coordinator, BA Business Studies / BA Business and Managment
- PhD in Media Management (2023)
- Fellow in Pedagogy (Higher Education Academy, 2020)
- MA in Media Studies (University of Limpopo, South Africa, 2014)
- British Academy of Management, Member,
- European Media Management Association, Member,
- Higher Education Association (HEA), Fellow,
- UK Research and Innovation ideas platform on technology use in Africa, Member,