Dr Tony Abdoush
- 01202 962293
- tabdoush at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
- Executive Business Centre EB401, Bournemouth University, 89 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Tony joined Bournemouth University in September 2017 as a Lecturer in Accounting and Finance. Prior to that, he worked as a part-time Lecturer at the University of Southampton, an Associate Lecturer at Damascus University, and has also a 5-year work experience as a Chief Accountant.
He holds a PhD in Accounting and Finance (Jan 2017) and a MSc in Risk Management (2011) from the University of Southampton, and a BSc in Economics with First Class (2003) from Damascus University.
Tony is also an Associate Fellow of the HEA (Higher Education Academy), and working currently towards the HEA fellowship.
My current research interests lie around Corporate Governance, Accountability and Corporate Disclosure, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Insurance, and Risk Management.
- Abdoush, T., 2019. Corporate Governance Practices and Firm Performance in the UK Insurance Industry, Does This Relationship Hold True During Financial Distress? In: BAM2019 Conference (British Academy of Management) 3-5 September 2019 Aston University, Birmingham, UK.
- Abdoush, T., 2019. Using Distribution Strategy as a Complementary Corporate Governance Instrument for the Insurance Industry, How Efficient in the UK? In: British Academy of Management Conference (BAM2019) 3-5 September 2019 Aston University, Birmingham, UK.
- Abdoush, T., 2019. Does Corporate Governance Really Affect Firm Performance? An Evidence from the UK Insurance Industry. In: The 4th International Conference on Organization and Management (ICOM2019) & The 6th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Ethics, Governance, and Sustainability 12-13 June 2019 College of Business, Abu Dhabi University, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Abdoush, T., 2018. Developing a Corporate Governance Index in the UK, A Necessary Panacea for the Insurance Industry? In: British Academy of Management Corporate Governance Conference (BAM CG SIG 2018) 11-12 June 2018 University of Leeds, Leeds, UK.
- Abdoush, T., Wolfe, S. and Marshall, A., 2016. Does Corporate Governance Affect the Performance of Insurance Firms in the UK? In: British Academy of Management Conference (BAM2016) 6-8 September 2016 University of Newcastle, Newcastle, UK.
- Abdoush, T., Wolfe, S. and Marshall, A., 2016. The Development of a Corporate Governance Index for UK Insurance Firms, A Necessary Panacea? In: British Academy of Management Conference (BAM2016) 6-8 September 2016 University of Newcastle, Newcastle, UK.
- Abdoush, T., Wolfe, S. and Marshall, A., 2016. The Choice of Distribution Strategy as a Complementary Corporate Governance System, Does it work? In: British Academy of Management Conference (BAM2016) 6-8 September 2016 University of Newcastle, Newcastle, UK.
- Azeez Balogun, 2022. The Role of Corporate Governance Mechanisms and Family Influence on Tax Aggressiveness of Family Firms (Apr2018-)
- Tahani Mohamed, 2019. The Impact of Book Tax Difference on Firm Value with the Moderating Role of Corporate Governance on the UK FTSE350 Index (Sep2015-)
- Qais AlZiyadat, 2023. Corporate Governance and Firm Performance in the Banking Industry: Does this relationship hold true in developed and emerging countries given the Cultural Differences and Risk Attitudes? (Sep2019-)
Profile of Teaching PG
- Corporate Governance and Ethics (2017-)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Accounting and Quantitative Analysis (2017-)
- Business and Financial Analysis [Online] (2017-)
- Corporate Financial Management (2018-)
- Financial and Business Analysis (2017-2018)
- Accounting Research Journal, Reviewer (2019-), https://www.emeraldinsight.com/journal/arj
- Corporate Governance: The International Journal of Business in Society, Reviewer (2019-), https://www.emeraldinsight.com/journal/cg
- Southampton Sight (Charity), Trustee & Treasurer (2018-), http://southamptonsight.org.uk/
- Velmore Community Centre, Trustee & Treasurer (2018-), http://www.velmorecentre.co.uk/
- Investment Management and Financial Innovations, Reviewer (2018-), https://businessperspectives.org/journals/investment-management-and-financial-innovations
- Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, Reviewer (2017-), https://www.emeraldinsight.com/journal/jfra
- Programme Leader (2018-), BA(Hons) Business and Management; BA(Hons) International Management
- PhD Internal Examiner (2018-), Faculty of Management, Business School
- The 33rd Annual British Academy of Management Conference (BAM2019): Building and Sustaining High Performance Organisations During Uncertain Times, 03 Sep 2019, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
- British Academy of Management Corporate Governance Conference (BAM CG SIG 2019), 24 Jun 2019, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
- The 4th International Conference on Organization and Management (ICOM 2019) & The 6th International Conference on CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance 2019, 12 Jun 2019, Abu Dhabi University, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- British Academy of Management Corporate Governance Conference (BAM CG SIG 2018), 11 Jun 2018, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
- The 30th Annual British Academy of Management Conference (BAM2016): Thriving in Turbulent Times, 06 Sep 2016, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, UK
- Sustainable Development and Corporate Reporting: Current Issues – A Workshop for Early Career Researchers from Russia and the UK, 18 Jun 2019
- Doctoral Supervision: Established Supervisors, 15 Apr 2019
- Introduction to Longitudinal Structural Equation Modelling with R, 31 Jan 2019
- Enhancing Practice & Developing the Self: The BU Certificate in Programme Leadership, 21 Sep 2018
- Doctoral Supervision: New Supervisors, 24 Jan 2018
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education Practice (PGCert), 14 Sep 2017
- Introduction to Learning and Teaching for Researchers (ILTeR), 16 May 2016, Associate Fellow of HEA
- BSc (Hons) in Economics (Damascus University, 2003)
- MSc in Risk Management (University of Southampton, 2011)
- PhD in Accounting and Finance (University of Southampton, 2017)
- 1st Class Honours Degree: Awarded BSc in Economics with First-Class Honours, Faculty of Economics, Damascus University, Damascus, Syria. (Damascus University, 2003)
- Best Paper in Corporate Governance: Awarded at BAM2016 Conference, 6-8 September 2016, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK. (British Academy of Management, 2016)
- Advance HE (previously Higher Education Academy), Associate Fellow (AFHEA) (2017-), https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/
- British Academy of Management (BAM), Member (2015-), https://www.bam.ac.uk/
- British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA), Member (2018-), http://www.bafa.ac.uk/
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS), Member (2019-), https://charteredabs.org/
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Affiliate Member (2017-), https://www.managers.org.uk/
- The Conversation: In-depth Analysis Research News and Ideas from Leading Academics and Researchers
- Advance HE Connect – where higher education staff can share resources, ideas and research as they connect with other practitioners to form online global communities.