Dr Tony Abdoush
- 01202 962293
- tabdoush at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
- Executive Business Centre EB401, Bournemouth University, 89 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Tony joined Bournemouth University in September 2017 as a Lecturer in Accounting and Finance. Prior to that, he worked as a part-time Lecturer at the University of Southampton, an Associate Lecturer at Damascus University, and has also a 5-year work experience as a Chief Accountant.
He holds a PhD in Accounting and Finance (Jan 2017) and a MSc in Risk Management (2011) from the University of Southampton, and a BSc in Economics with First Class (2003) from Damascus University.
His current research interests lie around Corporate Governance, Accountability and Corporate Disclosure, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Insurance, and Risk Management.
Tony is also an Associate Fellow of the HEA (Higher Education Academy), and working currently towards the HEA fellowship.
- Abdoush, T., 2018. Developing a Corporate Governance Index in the UK, A Necessary Panacea for the Insurance Industry? In: British Academy of Management SIG Corporate Governance Conference (BAM SIG CG 2018) 11-12 June 2018 University of Leeds, Leeds, UK.
- Abdoush, T., Wolfe, S. and Marshall, A., 2016. Does Corporate Governance Affect the Performance of Insurance Firms in the UK? In: British Academy of Management Conference (BAM2016) 6-8 September 2016 University of Newcastle, Newcastle, UK.
- Abdoush, T., Wolfe, S. and Marshall, A., 2016. The Development of a Corporate Governance Index for UK Insurance Firms, A Necessary Panacea? In: British Academy of Management Conference (BAM2016) 6-8 September 2016 University of Newcastle, Newcastle, UK.
- Abdoush, T., Wolfe, S. and Marshall, A., 2016. The Choice of Distribution Strategy as a Complementary Corporate Governance System, Does it work? In: British Academy of Management Conference (BAM2016) 6-8 September 2016 University of Newcastle, Newcastle, UK.
- Azeez Balogun. The Role of Corporate Governance Mechanisms and Family Influence on Tax Aggressiveness of Family Firms
Profile of Teaching PG
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
Profile of Teaching UG
- Accounting and Quantitative Analysis
- Financial and Business Analysis
- Business and Financial Analysis (Online)
- Corporate Financial Management
- Introduction to Learning and Teaching for Researchers (ILTeR), 16 May 2016, Associate Fellow of HEA
- BSc (Hons) in Economics (Damascus University, 2003)
- MSc in Risk Management (University of Southampton, 2011)
- PhD in Accounting and Finance (University of Southampton, 2017)
- 1st Class Honours Degree: Awarded BSc in Economics with First-Class Honours, Faculty of Economics, Damascus University, Damascus, Syria. (Damascus University, 2003)
- Best Paper in Corporate Governance: Awarded at BAM2016 Conference, 6-8 September 2016, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK. (British Academy of Management, 2016)