- 01202 963010
- awatt1 at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Sport and Exercise Science
- Bournemouth Gateway Building BG 504, St Pauls Lane, Bournemouth, BH8 8GP
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Andy joined Bournemouth University in 2020 to develop innovative measurement techniques for spinal stiffness and teach part time on the Physiotherapy programme. In 2022 he became a full time Lecturer in Physiotherapy and Sports Therapy. With a background in mechanical engineering before retraining as a physiotherapist, Andy has now transitioned into teaching biomechanics on the Sports and Exercise Science BSc. During his time at the university he has developed a keen interest in sustainability is the faculty of health and social sciences sustainability lead. He is hoping to soon embark on PhD within the area.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Good health and well-being
"Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages"
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
Sustainable cities and communities
"Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable"
- Watt, A.A., Callaway, A.J. and Williams, J.M., 2022. In vivo through-range passive stiffness of the lumbar spine: a meta-analysis of measurements and methods. Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, 60 (8), 2133-2157.
- Watt, A.A., Clark, C. and Williams, J.M., 2018. Differences in sit-to-stand, standing sway and stairs between community-dwelling fallers and non-fallers: a review of the literature. Physical Therapy Reviews, 23 (4-5), 273-290.
- BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy (Bournemouth University, 2018)
- MEng in Mechanical Engineering (University of Bath, 2015)
- Fellow (Higher Education Academy, 2022)
- Health and Care Professions Council, Member (2018-),