Dr Hany Elbardan
- 01202 968707
- helbardan at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer in Accounting & Finance
- Executive Business Centre EB401, Bournemouth University, 89 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr Hany Elbardan has a PhD in accounting (Brunel University), MSc and BSc (Hons) in accounting (Alexandria University). He is a Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance in the Business School within the Faculty of Management of Bournemouth University. Before joining Bournemouth University in 2017, Hany worked as an Assistant Professor at American University in Kuwait (2015-2016), a visiting lecturer at Roehampton University (2013-2014), a part-time lecturer at Brunel University (2012-2015) and as a senior teaching assistant at Alexandria University, Egypt (1998-2009). In addition to his university work, he acted as a consultant at GHEM consultants, UK (2015-2017). Dr. Elbardan has served on different committees at the university, School, College, and departmental levels.
His research interests include accounting, accounting information systems, ERP systems, internal and external auditing, internal control, risk management, managerial accounting and Corporate Governance. He has published his research in refereed international journals such as Information Systems Management, Journal of Enterprise Information Management and Journal of applied Accounting research... He has presented most of his research papers at international and regional conferences such as Accounting and finance association of Australia and New Zealand, British Accounting and Finance Association, Americas Conference on Information Systems. Dr Elbardan is a member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Management Science and Business Administration, Journal of Organizational Studies and Innovation and Organisational Studies and Innovation Review.
Hany teaches in a wide spectrum of both undergraduate and postgraduate levels as well as Executive MBA and PhD supervision. His teaching areas include financial accounting, accounting theory and practice, managerial accounting, auditing, environmental accounting and reporting and accounting information systems (ERP, Sage50).more
Dr Elbardan’s research interests range from Accounting, Corporate Governance, and Auditing, through to Information Systems and Social Sciences. He has gained experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods across different research areas and theories such as institutional, agency and tournament theories. Over the last few years, his research focus was on the internal auditing adaptation, as a corporate governance mechanism, following the introduction of Enterprise resource planning systems. He is also interested in the associations between Executive Compensation and Firm Performance, divergence/convergence of corporate governance codes, auditor-to-client revolving door, and forensic accounting.
- Elbardan, H., Ali, M. and Ghoneim, A., 2016. Enterprise Resource Planning Systems Introduction and Internal Auditing Legitimacy: An Institutional Analysis. Information Systems Management, 33 (3), 231-247.
- Abidi and Elbardan, H., 2015. Explaining Arab Manufacturing Exporters’ Preference for Western over MENA Markets: The Key Role of Information Availability and R&D Spillovers. Organisational Studies and Innovation Review, 1 (1), 108-114.
- Elbardan, H., Ali, M. and Ghoneim, A., 2015. The dilemma of internal audit function adaptation: The impact of ERP and corporate governance pressures. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 28 (1), 93-106.
- Elbardan, H. and Kholeif, A.O., 2017. Enterprise Resource Planning, Corporate Governance and Internal Auditing An Institutional Perspective. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Elbardan, H. and Elsayed, N., 2018. ERP Systems and Accounting Research Trends - Profiling Paper. In: British Accounting and Finance Association Annual conference 9-11 April 2018 London, UK..
- Elbardan, H., Kotb, A. and Halabi, H., 2018. The Auditor-to-Client Revolving Door: A Structured Literature Review. In: British Accounting and Finance Association Annual conference 8-11 April 2018 London, UK.
- Elsayed, N. and Elbardan, H., 2017. Does pay influence performance more or does performance influence pay more. In: Accounting and finance association of Australia and New Zealand reognices 2 July-4 December 2017 Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.
- Elbardan, H., 2013. Internal Auditing Legitimacy and ERP Systems Implementation: An Institutional Case Analysis of a Multinational Bank. In: British Accounting and Finance Association Annual Conference 9-11 April 2013 Newcastle, UK.
- Elbardan, H. and Ali, M., 2012. Internal audit function response to ERP systems implementation. 976-985.
- Elbardan, H. and Ali, M., 2011. Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems implementation and internal audit function change.
- Simbarashe Muzarurwi. The extent of internal audit influence in enhancing corporate governance in UK local government organisations
Profile of Teaching PG
- Environmental Reporting
Profile of Teaching UG
- Advanced Accounting Theory and Practice
- Environmental reporting
- Doctoral Supervision: New Supervisors, 24 Jan 2018
- BSc (Hons) in Accounting (Alexandria university, 1997)
- MSc in Accounting (Alexandria University, 2005)
- PhD in Accounting (Brunel University, 2014)
- The best paper award at the conference of the Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, Australia, 2 - 4 July (2017). (Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, 2017)
- British Accounting and Finance Association, Member (2013-),
- Higher Education Academy, Associate Fellow (2013-),
- Management and business academy, Associate (2014-),