Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Mavridou Ifigeneia, born in Thessaloniki, Greece, is a Research Engineer (EngD) in Virtual Reality and Affective HCI, at the Centre of Digital Entertainment, Bournemouth University, funded by the EPSRC. She is currently collaborating with Emteq Ltd., in Brighton. For this multidisciplinary research, she is working under the supervision of Dr. Emili Balaguer-Ballester, Dr. Alain Renaud, Dr. Anna Troisi and Dr. Ellen Seiss from Bournemouth University, and Dr. Charles Nduka from Emteq.
In the past, she successfully graduated from both MFA in Virtual Reality and Multiuser Systems (Paris 8 & Athens School of Fine Arts) and the MFA in Visual and Applied Arts (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki). Her Thesis was focused on the creative human-computer interaction through the user's emotional states, using the Emotiv Epoc headset (EEG based). Back in 2005, she was given the chance to study at the age of 15 Fine and Applied Arts at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, rendering her one the youngest students attending the University... She has participated in more than 20 new media art exhibitions in Greece and Europe and since 2014 she has attended many VR / HCI conferences.more
Her research interests focus on creative projects combining of New Media and Virtual Reality techniques to explore the Emotion in Human Computer Interaction. Currently, she is interested in the reliable identification of features evoking Emotional states to users in Virtual Reality Environments. Emotional stimulation is related to Presence and Addiction, factors that can assist in the creation of immersive experiences as well as in the optimal content design of a VR product in terms of re-playability.
- Simeone, A.L., Mavridou, I. and Powell, W., 2017. Altering User Movement Behaviour in Virtual Environments. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 23 (4), 1359-1368.
- Mavridou, I., Seiss, E., Kostoulas, T., Nduka, C. and Balaguer-Ballester, E., 2018. Towards an effecve arousal detecon system for virtual reality.
- Mavridou, I., Seiss, E., Hamedi, M., Balaguer-Ballester, E.M.I.L.I. and Nduka, C., 2018. Towards valence detection from EMG for Virtual Reality applications. In: 12th International Conference on Disability, Virtual Reality and Associated Technologies (ICDVRAT 2018) 4-6 September 2018 Nottingham, UK. ICDVRAT.
- Fatoorechi, M., Archer, J., Nduka, C., Seiss, E., Balaguer-Ballester, E., Mavridou, I., Hamedi, M. and Cleal, A., 2017. Using facial gestures to drive narrative in VR. 152.
- Mavridou, I., McGhee, J.T., Hamedi, M., Fatoorechi, M., Cleal, A., Ballaguer-Balester, E., Seiss, E., Cox, G. and Nduka, C., 2017. FACETEQ interface demo for emotion expression in VR. 441-442.
- Mavridou, I., McGhee, J.T., Hamedi, M., Fatoorechi, M., Cleal, A., Balaguer-Ballester, E., Seiss, E., Cox, G. and Nduka, C., 2017. FACETEQ; a novel platform for measuring emotion in VR.
- Mavridou, 2016. Gestures - Emotions Interaction: e-Viographima application for visual artistic synthesis. In: 3rd International Symposium On Movement & Computing (MOCO'16) 5-6 July 2016 Thessaloniki, Greece. ACM.
- Santorineos, M., Mavridou, I. et al., 2015. Eπiλoγη∗ in Crisis∗∗. 351-352.
- Santorineos, M., Mavridou, I. et al., 2015. Choice in Crisis. 351-352.
- 1851055 - Virtual Reality and Emotion (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, 01 Oct 2015). In Progress
- MA in Art, Virtual Reality and Multi-user Systems (University Paris-8 (FR) & Athens School of Fine Arts (GR), 2014)