- 01202 965009
- inessel at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Postgraduate Researcher
- Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, R304 Royal London House, Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH13LT, UK.
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Investigating essential fatty acid intakes and requirements in the perinatal period; pregnant women, preterm and term infants - BU Studentship - supervised by Dr Simon Dyall, Prof Minesh Khashu and Dr Jane Murphy
- Gala, A.A.D., Nessel, I. et al., 2022. Alterations in the Stool Microbiome in Newborns Undergoing Mild Therapeutic Hypothermia after Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy. Developmental Neuroscience, 44 (4-5), 373-383.
- Brandt, M.J.V., Nijboer, C.H., Nessel, I., Mutshiya, T.R., Michael-Titus, A.T., Counotte, D.S., Schipper, L., van der Aa, N.E., Benders, M.J.N.L. and de Theije, C.G.M., 2021. Nutritional Supplementation Reduces Lesion Size and Neuroinflammation in a Sex-Dependent Manner in a Mouse Model of Perinatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury. Nutrients, 14 (1).
- Nessel, I., Khashu, M. and Dyall, S.C., 2021. Effects of storage practices on long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and lipid peroxidation of preterm formula milk. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, 34 (5), 827-833.
- Nessel, I. and Michael-Titus, A.T., 2021. Lipid profiling of brain tissue and blood after traumatic brain injury: A review of human and experimental studies. Semin Cell Dev Biol, 112, 145-156.
- Nessel, I., De Rooy, L., Khashu, M., Murphy, J.L. and Dyall, S.C., 2020. Long-Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Lipid Peroxidation Products in Donor Human Milk in the United Kingdom: Results From the LIMIT 2-Centre Cross-Sectional Study. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, 44 (8), 1501-1509.
- Nessel, I., Khashu, M. and Dyall, S.C., 2019. The effects of storage conditions on long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids, lipid mediators, and antioxidants in donor human milk — A review. Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids, 149, 8-17.
- Jeurissen, M.L.J., Nessel, I. et al., 2016. Myeloid DLL4 Does Not Contribute to the Pathogenesis of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis in Ldlr-/- Mice. PLoS One, 11 (11), e0167199.
- Nessel, I., Khashu, M. and Dyall, S.C., 2017. Human Milk Banking Practices in the U.K.: Optimising LCPUFA content. In: 4th EMBA International Milk Banking Congress 5 October 2017 Glasgow.
- Bowden, M. and Nessell, I., 2020. Studies on polyunsaturated fatty acid content and lipid peroxidation in preterm infant nutrition from non-maternal sources. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences.
- Nessel, I., 2019. Investigating the essential fatty acid requirements of preterm infants. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University.
- PGR Representative for HSS, PGR Representatives
- MSc in Biomedical Sciences (Maastricht University - The Netherlands, 2015)
- BSc (Hons) in Nutritional Sciences (Justus-Liebig University Giessen - Germany, 2013)