Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
A Registered Social Worker and Registered Mental Nurse, prior to joining the university my role was in the implementation of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Mental Health Act 1983 (2007) on behalf of a unitary authority and PCT.
Throughout my career I have been involved in teaching and mentoring others.
My current interests are in consent to treatment issues, end of life care and substituted decision making in health and social care.
- Lyne, M., 2010. The Mental Capacity Act 2005. In: Brown, K., ed. Vulnerable Adults and Community care. Exeter: Learning Matters, 31-43.
- Lyne, M. and Brown, K., 2018. Advance Decisions to Refuse Treatment:suggestions on the value and use of ADRTs in society. National Centre for Post Qualifying Social Work. Available from: http://www.ncpqsw.com/publications/adrt/.
- Brown, K., Bogg, D. and Lyne, M., 2016. Next of kin - how important is getting consent for treatment?. UK Home Care Association. Available from: http://www.ukhca.co.uk/.
- Manchester Metropolitan University, External Examiner (2011-2016)
- Dip HE in Social Work (University of Portsmouth, 1998)
- Prof Qual in Registered Mental Nurse (Southampton University Hospitals Combined School of Nursing, 1982)
- BA (Hons) in English with education (West Sussex Institute of Higher Education, 1994)
- MA in Applied Social Studies (University of Portsmouth, 1998)
- LLM in Mental Health Law, Policy and Practice (Northumbria University, 2007)
- Health and Care Professions Council, Member (1998-),
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Member (1982-),