- 01202 965525
- mridolfo at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic
- Dorset House D214, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Mark Ridolfo is a Principal Academic within the Business School, Programme Leader for the BA (Hons) Business and Management and BA (Hons) Business Studies programmes, and a Senior Fellow of the HEA. Mark delivers courses in International Management and Developing Management Competencies.
Mark's academic interests lie in enhancing the student experience, innovation in assessment, professional effectiveness and cross-cultural capability. Mark is a thought leader in developing students' personal, professional and managerial competencies. He has delivered courses in presentations, negotiations and report-writing, in both commercial and academic settings, and, from 1997 to 2007, he was a visiting lecturer and curriculum advisor to the prestigious China-Europe International Business School (CEIBS) in Shanghai, China.
In 2003, Mark was jointly awarded a BU Fellowship, for outstanding and innovative work in internationalising the curriculum. Mark has given many workshop and conference presentations on this subject...
In 2011, Mark's contribution to learning, teaching and assessment at Bournemouth University was further recognised, as he became the first recipient of the Vice Chancellor's Award for Making an Exceptional Contribution to Enhancing the Student Experience.
In 2018, his contribution towards the Business School achieving AACSB Accreditation was further recognised, when he became a co-recipient of the Vice Chancellor's Award for Excellence.
Over the years, Mark has been highly involved in quality assurance and enhancement activities with the University. He is a particularly experienced Programme Leader, who has managed multiple Programmes. Mark is also at the forefront of the Business School's education enhancement and internationalisation strategies, and was, from 2013-2022, one of two AACSB Assurance of Learning (AOL) Leads for the Business School.
Mark has held multiple leadership roles, including Associate Dean (Student Experience), Coordinator for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), Exam Board Chair, Chair of Academic Offence Panels (AOPs) and Study Abroad Academic Coordinator (SAAC). Mark has also served on all of BU's major committees and has been a member of BU's Quality Assurance and Enhancement Group (QAEG) for over 25 years.
Mark has lived in France, Germany and Italy, and travelled extensively in China, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia. Mark is also a Visiting Lecturer at ESC Amiens, France, SRH Heidelberg, Germany, FTU, Vietnam and BINUS, Indonesia. Mark holds PG Diplomas in Management and Education.more
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
"Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls"
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
Partnership for the Goals
"Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development"
- Biggins, D., Walker, C., Ridolfo, M. and Arkadiusz, T., 2024. Embedding a Business Simulation Game (BSG) in a first year business studies unit: 10 design recommendations. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education.
- Gbadamosi, G., Evans, C., Richardson, M. and Ridolfo, M., 2015. Employability and students' part-time work in the UK: Does self-efficacy and career aspiration matter? British Educational Research Journal.
- Ridolfo, M., Richardson, M., Evans, C. and Gbadamosi, G., 2009. Funding full-time study through part-time work. Journal of Education and Work, 22 (4), 319-334.
- Ridolfo, M., 2010. Assessing Cross-Cultural Capability. In: BMAF Internationalisation SIG Conference: “The International Agenda: Where Next?” June 2010 Bournemouth University, England.
- Ridolfo, M., 2010. Cross-Cultural Capability. In: Changing Universities Through Internationalisation: From Strategy to Pedagogy 16 September 2010 University of East Anglia, England.
- Ridolfo, M., 2009. Developing International Managers. In: Education for Sustainable Development, 3rd Annual Conference: “Graduates as Global Citizens” September 2009 Bournemouth University, England.
- Ridolfo, M., Beetham, B. and Lewis, H., 2007. Developing People Internationally. In: York Associates / Dialogin – Conference and online conference: “Developing People Internationally” May 2007 Konstanz, Germany.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Developing Management Competencies
- International Management
- Richmond, the American International University in London, External Examiner (2022-2026), https://www.richmond.ac.uk/
- SRH Heidelberg, Germany, Visiting Lecturer (2017-)
- University of Bolton, Independent Adviser on Transnational Education (2013-)
- York St John University, External Examiner (2011-2015)
- Worcester Business School, Evaluation Panel Member (Business) (2011)
- York St John University, Subject Review Panel Member: Business / Management (2011)
- ESC Amiens, France, Visiting Lecturer (2004-)
- China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), Visiting lecturer, examiner and curriculum adviser (1997-2007)
- High Impact Team Presentations, Training Videos. Common Mission Project, Rachael Kelly, 01 Sep 2022
- PG Diploma in Education in Education (University of Plymouth, 2018)
- PG Diploma in Management in Management Studies (Bournemouth University, 2000)
- BSc (Hons) in Modern Languages (Aston University, 1989)
- Licence in Modern Languages (Université d'Orléans, 1988)
- Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow (2018-),
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), Academic Member (2017-), https://www.cipd.co.uk/
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Member (2015-), http://www.managers.org.uk/
- IALIC, Member (2004-),
- The Institute for Learning and Teaching, Member (2002-2004),
- SIETAR, Member (2000-),
Social Media Links
External Media and Press
- Channel 4 Dispatches: Cheating, Channel 4, 15 Jun 2015. http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/dispatches-investigation-reveals-extent-of-student-plagiarism
- Bournemouth builds armoury against ‘contract’ essay cheats, Times Higher Education, 13 Jun 2013. https://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/bournemouth-builds-armoury-against-contract-essay-cheats/2004757.article
- Melania Trump: plagiarism, flattery or original thought?, The Times Higher Education. https://www.timeshighereducation.com/blog/melania-trump-plagiarism-flattery-or-original-thought
- Spokes in the wheels of bespoke plagiarism, The Times Higher Education. https://www.timeshighereducation.com/spokes-in-the-wheels-of-bespoke-plagiarism/2004810.article