Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Philip joined the Science and Technology Faculty as a PhD student in April 2014. After finishing degrees in electrical and mechanical engineering and in biomedical engineering, he completed clinical scientist training at the Clinical Measurements Laboratory of the Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS trust. He joined the UK Healthcare Professions Council as a registered clinical scientist in 2014.
His current project is being completed in conjunction with Chas A Blatchford and Sons Ltd, and involves the estimation of pressure distribution within the sockets of lower-limb amputees. In particular, this is looking at the potential for more sophisticated interpretation and analysis of the results from these measurements – for example recognition of alignment or terrain conditions, or by alerting users to clinical risks.
- Aslani, N., Noroozi, S., Davenport, P., Hartley, R., Dupac, M. and Sewell, P., 2017. Development of a 3D workspace shoulder assessment tool incorporating electromyography and an inertial measurement unit—a preliminary study. Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, 1-9.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2017. Systematic Review of Studies Examining Transtibial Prosthetic Socket Pressures with Changes in Device Alignment. JOURNAL OF MEDICAL AND BIOLOGICAL ENGINEERING, 37 (1), 1-17.
- Noroozi, S., Rahman, A.G.A., Dupac, M., Ong, Z.C., al-Attas, M.B.S.M. and Davenport, P., 2016. Condition monitoring and diagnostics of an extruder motor and its gearbox vibration problem. INSIGHT, 58 (2), 101-107.
- Davies, H.R., Davenport, P., Pratt, D. and Hughes, M., 2012. Double calibration for a Helen Hayes marker set. Gait and Posture, 36 (S1), S79.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P., Zahedi, S., McCarthy, J. and McGrath, M., 2017. An augmented reality method of visualising transtibial socket pressures and limb orientation. In: International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics 16TH World Congress 8-11 May 2017 Cape Town, South Apfrica.
- Davenport, P., Sewell, P., Noroozi, S., Zahedi, S., McCarthy, J. and McGrath, M., 2017. Sensitivity of an inverse-problem socket pressure measurement system to changes in applied forces from standing. In: International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics 16TH World Congress 8-11 May 2017 Cape Town, South Africa.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2017. Monitoring the suitability of the fit of a lower-limb prosthetic socket using an artificial neural network in commonly encountered walking conditions.
- Sewell, P., Noroozi, S., Davenport, P., Bascou, J., Villa, C. and Zahedi, S., 2016. Technological Innovations in prosthetic socket fitting – an external method to assess the residual limb/socket interaction. In: 20th National Scientifc Congress - ISPO France 17-18 November 2016 Lille, France.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2016. Applying Ensemble Neural Networks to an Inverse Problem Solution to Prosthetic Socket Pressure Measurement.
- Davenport, 2015. Production of Normative Force-Time Graphs for Foot Regions using an In-Shoe Pressure Measurement System. In: ISPO UK Annual Scientific Meeting 4-5 October 2013 Blackpool.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2015. A proposed system for automatic categorisation of lower-limb prosthesis alignment using Learning Vector Quantisation and an inverse problem pressure measurement approach. In: International Society for Prosthetics & Orthotics (ISPO) World Congress 2015 22-25 June 2015 Lyon, France.
- Davenport, 2017. Performance evaluation of an ensemble neural network system of estimating transtibial prosthetic socket pressures during standing, walking and condition perturbation. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Science and Technology.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2015. Data Reduction Options for Pre-Processing Prosthetic Socket Pressure Distribution Data. In: Bournemouth University SciTech PGR Conference.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2014. Clinical Importance of Measuring the Prosthetic Socket Interface in Transtibial Amputees. In: Bournemouth Univeristy DEC Conference.
- Davenport, P., Pratt, D. and Vadivelu, R., 2013. Lower Limb Marker Reconstruction Using Pattern Matching in VICON Nexus - Optimum Source Data. In: ESMAC 2013, Glasgow.
- Davies, H. and Davenport, P., 2012. Alignment of Plantar Pressure Data with 3D Foot Placement Data. In: MPEC 2012.
- MSc in Biomedical Engineering (University of Surrey, 2010)
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (University of Edinburgh, 2009)
- Health and Care Professions Council, Member (2015-),
- Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine, Member (2014-),