Dr Roya Haratian
- 01202 965307
- rharatian at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer (Academic) in Electronics
- Poole House P122, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Roya Haratian is currently Academic (Assistant Professor) in Electronics at Department of Design and Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, Bournemouth University. She is covering multidisciplinary topics such as Mechatronics and Control System Design for final year undergraduate and master programs and interested in research area mainly under umbrella of these topics with application in different industries. She was awarded a PhD in Electronics Engineering from Queen Mary University of London, QMUL. Her PhD thesis was about flexibility of on-body sensing systems using machine learning and artificial intelligence approaches. She also worked as an Associate Lecturer at QMUL and a Research Associate (post-doctorate) at Bristol Robotics Lab, working in the field of on-body sensing systems for emotion prediction through processing of bio-signals with application in Human-robot Interaction. Prior to joining QMUL, she had three years experience of lecturing and research in field of Electronics and Communication Systems Engineering... Her research interests also include resource allocation in wireless sensor networks.more
- Haratian, R., 2018. On-body Sensing and Signal Analysis for User Experience Recognition in Human-Machine Interaction. In: 4th International Conference on Frontiers of Signal Processing (ICFSP 2018) 24-26 September 2018 France.
- Haratian, R., 2018. Intelligent Joystick Sensing the User's Emotion and Providing Biofeedback. In: 32nd Human Computer Interaction Conference 2-6 July 2018 Belfast.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Real-time Control for Mechatronics
Profile of Teaching UG
- Advanced Technology
- Research Based Electronics
- Electronics Engineering Simulation
- Electrical and Electronics Principles