Dr Edward Apeh
- 01202 966663
- eapeh at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic In Computing
- Poole House P420, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr. Edward Apeh is a member of the department of computing and informatics within the Faculty of Science and Technology at Bournemouth University. He has over 20 years of industry experience and has led successful projects in the areas of cyber security, data analytics, data mining, and web technologies funded by Innovate UK and Great Western Research. The results of his work have been published and down-streamed into other projects and commercial products. He has organized and delivered a number of academic and industry workshops in the areas of data analytics, knowledge management, and cyber-security. He has also reviewed for various journals and published in the areas of data analytics, data mining, cognitive computation, and neuro-computing; and has a patent in signal analysis and processing. Dr. Edward Apeh received his M. Sc. degree in Intelligent Systems from the University College London in 2003, and his M. Phil. and PhD. degrees in Computational Intelligence in 2009 and 2013 respectively from Bournemouth University, Bournemouth UK.
Dr. Edward Apeh's main research interests include cyber analytics, data mining, machine learning, intelligent systems design, knowledge discovery, adaptive systems, etc.
- Sapkota, M.S., Apeh, E., Hadfield, M., Haratian, R., Adey, R. and Baynham, J., 2021. An approach for adaptive model performance validation within digital twinning. International Journal of Computational Methods and Experimental Measurements, 9 (3), 213-225.
- Ambore, S., Richardson, C., Dogan, H., Apeh, E. and Osselton, D., 2017. A Resilient Cybersecurity Framework for Mobile Financial Services (MFS). Journal of Cyber Security Technology, 1 (3-4), 202-224.
- Apeh, E., Richardson, C. and Curran, T., 2015. Monitoring Social Media for Cyber-stalking. The Cyber Security Review, Spring 2015, 67-74.
- Apeh, E. and Gabrys, B., 2013. Detecting and Visualizing the Change in Classification of Customer Profiles based on Transactional Data. Evolving Systems, 4 (1), 27-42.
- Apeh, E., Gabrys, B. and Schierz, A., 2013. Customer profile classification: To adapt classifiers or to relabel customer profiles? Neurocomputing.
- Apeh, E. and Jeffries, S., 2017. Standard Operating Procedures for Cybercrime Investigations: A Systematic Literature Review. Psychological and Behavioural Examinations in Cybersecurity. IGI.
- Shepherd, A. and Apeh, E., 2021. An IOT Security Awareness and System Hardening Advisory Platform for Smart Home Devices. Communications in Computer and Information Science, 1420, 439-446.
- Dickerson, S., Apeh, E. and Ollis, G., 2020. Contextualised Cyber Security Awareness Approach for Online Romance Fraud. Proceedings of 2020 7th IEEE International Conference on Behavioural and Social Computing, BESC 2020.
- Naseir, M.A.B., Dogan, H., Apeh, E. and Ali, R., 2020. National cybersecurity capacity building framework for countries in a transitional phase. ICEIS 2020 - Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 2, 841-849.
- Ben Naseir, M.A., Dogan, H., Apeh, E., Richardson, C. and Ali, R., 2019. Contextualising the National Cyber Security Capacity in an Unstable Environment: A Spring Land Case Study. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 930, 373-382.
- Ambore, S., Richardson, C., Apeh, E. and Dogan, H., 2018. Have usability and security trade-offs in mobile financial services become untrustworthy? Proceedings of the 32nd International BCS Human Computer Interaction Conference, HCI 2018.
- Apeh, E., 2017. Analysis of the Security Implications of Wearable Technology using Socio-technical Perspective. In: The 25th European Conference on Information Systems 5-10 June 2017 Guimarães. Proceedings of the 25th European Conference on Information Systems.
- Holdsworth, J. and Apeh, E., 2017. An effective immersive cyber security awareness learning platform for businesses in the hospitality sector. Proceedings - 2017 IEEE 25th International Requirements Engineering Conference Workshops, REW 2017, 111-117.
- Apeh, E., 2017. Realtime Assessment and Feedback through Cyber Security Hackathons. In: CELebrate 2017 Regional Teaching and Learning Conference 13 June 2017 Bournemouth.
- Rogers, R., Apeh, E. and Richardson, C.J., 2017. Resilience of the Internet of Things (IoT) from an Information Assurance (IA) perspective. SKIMA 2016 - 2016 10th International Conference on Software, Knowledge, Information Management and Applications, 110-115.
- Mohammed, S. and Apeh, E., 2017. A model for social engineering awareness program for schools. SKIMA 2016 - 2016 10th International Conference on Software, Knowledge, Information Management and Applications, 392-397.
- Ambore, S., Apeh, E., Dogan, H., Richardson, C. and Osselton, D., 2017. Development of Human Factors and Cybersecurity Objectives for Mobile Financial Service (MFS). In: Ergonomics & Human Factors 2017 25-27 April 2017 Daventry, UK.
- Ward, J., Dogan, H., Apeh, E., Mylonas, A. and Katos, V., 2017. Using human factor approaches to an organisation’s bring your own device scheme. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 10292 LNCS, 396-413.
- Ambore, S., Richardson, C., Dogan, H., Osselton, D. and Apeh, E., 2016. Cyber Security for the Unbanked. In: International Conference of Big Data in Cyber Security 10 May 2016 Craiglockhart, Edinburgh.
- Rogers, R., Apeh, E. and Richardson, C., 2016. Detecting the Infringement of Personally Identifiable Information of the Elderly. In: BCS Quality Specialist Group Annual International Software Quality Management SQM/INSPIRE Conference 21-22 March 2016 Bournemouth.
- Ambore, S., Richardson, C., Dogan, H., Apeh, E. and Osselton, D., 2016. A “soft” approach to analysing mobile financial services socio-technical systems. Proceedings of the 30th International BCS Human Computer Interaction Conference, HCI 2016, 2016-July.
- Lin, C., Liu, D., Pang, W. and Apeh, E., 2015. Automatically predicting quiz difficulty level using similarity measures. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Knowledge Capture, K-CAP 2015.
- Apeh, E., Žliobaite, I., Pechenizkiy, M. and Gabrys, B., 2012. Predicting multi-class customer profiles based on transactions: A case study in food sales. Res. and Dev. in Intelligent Syst. XXIX: Incorporating Applications and Innovations in Intel. Sys. XX - AI 2012, 32nd SGAI Int. Conf. on Innovative Techniques and Applications of Artificial Intel., 213-218.
- Apeh, E.T., Gabrys, B. and Schierz, A., 2011. Customer profile classification using transactional data. Proceedings of the 2011 3rd World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired Computing, NaBIC 2011, 37-43.
- Apeh, E. and Gabrys, B., 2011. Change mining of customer profiles based on transactional data. Proceedings - IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, ICDM, 560-567.
- Apeh, E., 2006. Knowledge Transfer: From Research to Innovation. In: TheUK South West Regional Seminar on Competitive Advantage through Knowledge Transfer 1 November 2006 University of Plymouth. The Proceedings of the UK South West Regional Seminar on Competitive Advantage through Knowledge Transfer, 3-7.
- Apeh, E.T., 2006. Clustering for data matching. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 4251 LNAI - I, 1216-1225.
- Reiter, E., Logan, A., Alvarez, L., Apeh, E., Libman, B. and Bradshaw, W.. Text generation from correlated alerts. Patent number US 20160217133 A1.
- Apeh, E., Gabrys, B. and Schierz, A., 2010. Robust Adaptive Algorithms for Relational Data Mining. In: The Proceedings of the 3rd School of Design, Engineering and Computing Poster Conference, Bournemouth University, UK.
- Apeh, E., Gabrys, B., Jones, M., Dexter, R. and Cooper, M., 2006. Application of Computational Intelligent to the Problem of Data Matching. In: The 4th International Summer School on Pattern Recognition (ISSPR).
- ACM, Member,
- BCS, Member,
- HEA, Fellow,
- IEEE, Member,
- IISP, Member,
- ISACA, Member,