- 01202 965805
- sefstathiou at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic
- Weymouth House W246, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
- Efstathiou, S. and Callus, P., 2010. Using animation as a tool in Primary School Education - Greek Mythology. In: Using animation as a tool in Primary School Education - Greek Mythology June 2010 Hillview Primary School, Bournemouth, England.
- Esthathiou, S. and Callus, P., 2009. Using animation as a tool in Primary School Education. In: Animation as a tool in Primary School Education March-April 2009 Hillview Primary School, Bournemouth, England.
- Callus, P. and Esthathiou, S., 2008. Using Animation as a learning tool in Primary Education. In: Using Animation as a learning tool in Primary Education 2008 Hillview Primary School, Bournemouth, England.
- Efstathiou, S., 2008. Softimage Certified Instructor. Avid/Autodesk.
- Efstathiou, S., 2010. The creation and ongoing development of a collaborative work environment within the Media School, which allows students and staff to provide resources and feedback pertinent to the media project undertaken.. Available from: http://nccart.bournemouth.ac.uk/.
- Efstathiou, S., Harper, S. and Vince, J., 2010. Animation Curriculum Development for 'TwoFour54' and Turner Time Warner. Abu Dhabi: Twofour54. Available from: http://tadreeb.twofour54.com/en/section/cartoon-network.
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- BFX is a unique event created and curated by Bournemouth University, it promotes regional growth in the creative digital economy by bringing together leaders of the Visual Effects, Animation, Visualisation and Computer Games industries. It showcases cutting edge production techniques, creativity and research to inspire new talent and educate the next generation of practitioners. Now in its 6th year, BFX attracts a mixture of professionals, students and general public and is recognised as one of the world's premier animation, film and games festival, attracting collaborators from around the world. The festival includes: • BFX Core -3 days of presentations, workshops, screenings, masterclasses, an exhibition, an awards ceremony and a recruitment fair • BFX Family Weekend - a two-day family event aimed at inspiring future generations Of animators. In 2017 we attracted 2,000 people including children aged between 5 • 18 • BFX Competition — a competition for students and recent graduates to give them direct exposure to cutting edge practices while being mentored by the world's best supervisors, producers and artists in the VFX and animation industry.
- DSU’s International Symposium on Future Content Ecosystems: The Future of Animation, Games, VFX Innovation Education, The Future of Computer Animation, VFX and Games Education in the UK, 16 Sep 2020, South Korea
The data on this page was last updated at 04:09 on April 16, 2021.