Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Before stepping into academia, Tanya worked as a communication professional in South Africa and the UK. She worked for large and small companies, and consulted on issues from strategic communication, communication in change management, to identity creation – and all the other communication management issues in-between. She has lectured strategic communication management for 13 years in South Africa before joining BU. Tanya strongly believes in combining academic work and practical experience, locally and internationally, in order to benefit both academia and professional practice. She shares her knowledge through the journal articles and chapters she has published, as well as through presentations at conferences. Tanya serves on the global Blue Ribbon Panel that evaluates the yearly international IABC (International Association for Business Communicators) Gold Quill Awards. Her research interest is focused on strategic corporate communication management, and specifically the application thereof within the field of disaster risk reduction.
- Le Roux, T., Le Roux, T. et al., 2015. Planning and executing scenario based simulation exercises: Methodological lessons. Journal of Homeland Security & Emergency Management, 12 (1), 193-210.
- Le Roux, T., 2014. DR4 communication in the South African context: A conceptual paper. Public relations review, 40 (2), 305-314.
- Le Roux, T., 2014. The description of South African corporate communication practitioners that contribute to organisational performance. Public relations review, 40 (2), 193-215.
- Le Roux, T., 2013. An exploration of the role of communication during the in-crisis situation. Jamba : Journal of Disaster Risk Studies, 5 (2), 1-9.
- Le Roux, T. and Naude, A.M.E., 2011. A profile of South African public relations practitioners in top performing organisations. Journal of Public Affairs, 11 (4), 303-315.
- Le Roux, T. and Naude, A.M.E., 2009. Communicating with diversities: female employees in the South African platinum-mining industry. Communicare: Journal of Communication Sciences, 28 (1), 24-49.
- Le Roux, T. and Steyn, B., 2006. Exploring practitioner constraints in advancing to more senior corporate communication roles. Communicare: Journal of Communication Sciences, 25 (1), 23-58.
- Le Roux, T. and Greeff, E.W., 2013. The marginalization of women in the South African mining and construction industry. In: Falola, T. and Teboh, B., eds. The Power of Gender, the Gender of Power Women's Labor, Rights and Responsibilities in Africa. Africa World Press, 45-66.
- Le Roux, T., 2009. Adapting communication satisfaction and relationship scales to a third world country. In: Van Ruler, B., Vercic, A.T. and Vercic, D., eds. Public Relations Metrics Research and Evaluation. Routledge, 264-280.
- Le Roux, T., 2006. Simultaneous methodological triangulation as research approach in a third world country context: A case study. In: Conradie, D.P., ed. Communication Science in South Africa: Contemporary issues. Proceedings of the 2005 Annual conference of the South African Communication Association. Juta & Co, 300-317.
- Le Roux, T. and Pressly, J.J., 2019. Building and Maintaining Relationships with University Alumni through Social Media: A comparative study. In: Southern African Communication Association (SACOMM) Annual Conference 3-5 October 2016 Bloemfontein, South Africa.
- Le Roux, T. and Pressly, J.J., 2019. Insights into Building and Maintaining Relationships with University Alumni through Social Media: A comparative study. In: EUPRERA 2017 12-14 October 2017 London.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Dissertation Supervision
- Public Opinion and Persuasion
- PR Innovation and Enterprise
- International Hisotry of Public Relations