Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr Yonghun is a lecturer in Product design in the Department of Design & Engineering in the Faculty of Science & Technology at Bournemouth University. He is specialised in design for inclusion and human-centred innovation. His research interest is psychosocial inclusivity in the design of products, services and built environments through the human-centred approach. He is a member of the international Inclusive Design Research Group (IDRG)
He worked for several research projects sponsored by well-known industries such as Sainsbury’s (older peoples’ supermarket shopping experience), Motability (User experience of Motability service) and Heathrow airport Ltd. (wellbeing and quality of life for local residents of Heathrow airport). He also taught postgraduate students with an emphasis on the design process and user experience at Brunel University London.
Research expertise: Inclusive design • Psychosocial inclusivity • Human-centred design/User-centred design • Co-design/Participatory design
- Lim, Y., Nickpour, F. and Giacomin, J., 2016. Beyond Accessible Mobility: Insights into Psychosocial Inclusivity Dimensions in Personal Transport. Studies in health technology and informatics, 229, 571-581.
- Lim, Y., Giacomin, J. and Nickpour, F., 2018. Beyond Accessible Aisles? Psychosocial Inclusivity of Shopping Experience: an ethnographic investigation. In: DRS2018 25-28 June 2018 Limerick, Ireland.
- Lim, Y., Nickpour, F. and Giacomin, J., 2016. Mentality Shift in Inclusive Design: From Physical to Psychosocial Inclusion. In: 8th Cambridge Workshop on Universal Access and Assistive Technology (CWUAAT 16) 21-23 March 2016 Cambridge, UK.
- Lim, Y. and Nickpour, F., 2015. Psychosocial Inclusion in Design A definition and framework. In: Include 2015 17-18 September 2015 Royal College of Art, UK.
- Lim, Y. and Nickpour, F., 2015. Inclusive design: from physical to psychosocial - a literature analysis towards a definition of psychosocial dimensions in design. In: 20th International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED 15) 27-30 July 2015 Milan, Italy.
- Lim, Y. and Nickpour, F., 2014. Psychosocial inclusion: A Framework for Design. In: 7th Annual Student Research Conference 2014 (ResCon14) 23-26 June 2014 Brunel University London.
- Lim, Y., 2018. Psychosocial Inclusivity in Design: A Definition and Dimensions. PhD Thesis. Department of Design, Brunel University London.
- Lim, Y.. Made in Brunel (Annual design showcase of Brunel University London). Oxo Tower, Wharf, Bargehouse Street, South Bank, London, SE1 9PH. 14-17 June 2012.
- Lim, Y.. Made in Brunel (Annual design showcase of Brunel University London). Oxo Tower, Wharf, Bargehouse Street, South Bank, London, SE1 9PH. 16-19 June 2016.
Profile of Teaching PG
- MDes Project
Profile of Teaching UG
- Design Projects and Prototype 1
- Design Project 3
- BA (Hons) in Craft Design (Cheongju University, South Korea, 2008)
- MSc in Integrated Product Design (Brunel University London, UK, 2012)
- PhD in Design Research (Brunel University London, UK, 2018)
- Winner of the 2012 Jaguar Land Rover Design challenge (Certified) (JLR (Jaguar Land Rover), 2012)
- 2nd winner of The BT Innovative Design Prize 2012 (Certified) (BT (British Telecom), 2012)
- Exceptional Support Staff 2017 Award, 6th Student Led Teaching Awards (nominee shortlist) (Brunel University London, 2017)