- 01202 965731
- abatley at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Demonstrator in Prototyping
- Poole House PG146, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Abi Batley is a Prototyping Demonstrator within the Design & Engineering Department at Bournemouth University. She specialises in additive manufacturing, Key Shot rendering, and prototyping. Her current PhD research is investigating composite additive manufacturing of dynamic response paediatric prosthetic ankle-foot device to enable children to partake in sports and physical activity.
Abi has undertaken product design and design engineering roles in industry, working with multiple companies including, The RNLI, Drilling Systems, and STYLIDEAS (formally AvenTOM). She has also undertaken product design consultancy projects for the NHS and a Team GB Paralympian.
Composite additive manufacturing of dynamic response paediatric prosthetic ankle-foot devices.
Material analysis of additively manufactured composite materials.
Profile of Teaching UG
- BA/BSc Product Design: Design Projects 1, Product Design Projects 2A, Product Design Projects 2B, Product Design Projects 3, Product Design Prototypes, Product Design Tools, Team Project.
- BA Product Design Futures: Product Design Tools.
- BSc Design Engineering: Design Engineering Projects 1, Design Engineering Project 3.
- GB Paracyclist Arm Prostheses Concept. (Privately Funded, 05 Mar 2022). Completed
- Development of a prototype system for the photogrammetric capture and digital fabrication of bespoke prosthetic limb sockets for amputees. (QR, 16 Feb 2022). In Progress
- Material analysis testing of additively manufactured composite materials (QR, 19 Jan 2022). In Progress
- An advanced manufacturing supported supply chain – Enhancing the efficiency of the RNLI (Higher Education Innovation Fund (HEIF), 01 Sep 2017). Completed
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- James Dyson Foundation (01 Sep 2016-01 Sep 2017)
- The Additive Manufacturing Virtual Conference, Mast Latch Handle Case Study, 06 Oct 2020, London - Online
- BSc (Hons) in Product Design (Bournemouth University, 2017)
- James Dyson Foundation Award (2016)
- You're Brilliant Award (SUBU)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2022-),
- Institution of Engineering Designers, Member (2022-),