- dkiaries at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Duncan is a Cyber Security PhD Research Student in the Department of Computing & Informatics at Bournemouth University. His PhD research is specifically looking at Security Risk Assessment in Systems of Systems (SoS), which incorporates a number of research areas of interest, such as Socio-Technical Systems, System of Systems Engineering (SoSE), Interoperability, Risk Management, Security, Awareness, Trust, Privacy, Usability, and Human Factors.
Security and Risk
System of Systems (SoS)
System of Systems Engineering (SoSE)
- Ki-Aries, D. and Faily, S., 2017. Persona-Centred Information Security Awareness. Computers & security.
- Ki-Aries, D., 2018. Assessing Security Risk and Requirements for Systems of Systems. In: IEEE 26th International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE'18) 20-24 August 2018 Banff, Alberta, Canada.
- Ki-Aries, D., Faily, S., Dogan, H. and Williams, C., 2018. Assessing System of Systems Security Risk and Requirements with OASoSIS. In: 5th International Workshop on Evolving Security & Privacy Requirements Engineering 20 August 2018 Banff, Canada.
- Coles, J., Faily, S. and Ki-Aries, D., 2018. Tool-supporting Data Protection Impact Assessments with CAIRIS. In: 5th International Workshop on Evolving Security & Privacy Requirements Engineering 20 August 2018 Banff, Canada.
- Ki-Aries, D., Faily, S., Dogan, H. and Williams, C., 2018. System of Systems Characterisation assisting Security Risk Assessment. In: IEEE 13th System of Systems Engineering Conference 19 June-22 April 2018 Paris, France. IEEE.
- Ki-Aries, D., Dogan, H., Faily, S., Whittington, P. and Williams, C., 2017. From Requirements to Operation: Components for Risk Assessment in a Pervasive System of Systems. In: Fourth International Workshop on Evolving Security & Privacy Requirements Engineering 4 September 2017 Lisbon, Portugal.
- Ki-Aries, D., Faily, S., Dogan, H. and Williams, C., 2017. Re-framing “The AMN”: A Case Study Eliciting and Modelling a System of Systems using the Afghan Mission Network,. In: Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science 10-12 May 2017 Brighton, UK.
- Ki-Aries, D., Faily, S. and Beckers, K., 2016. Persona-Driven Information Security Awareness. In: 30th British HCI Group Annual Conference on People and Computers: Fusion 11-15 July 2016 Bournemouth, UK.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Cyber Situational Awareness (and Human Factors) - Guest Lecturer
- Cyber Security Management
- Data Management
- Security by Design
- Bournemouth University 10th Annual Postgraduate Conference, Chair (2018-), https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-research/researcher-development/annual-postgraduate-research-conference
- Bournemouth University Science and Technology Post Graduate Researcher Conference 2018, Chair (2018-)
- RE'18 - 26th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, 2018 - Banff, Alberta, Canada, Student Volunteer (2018-), http://www.re18.org/index.html
- Bournemouth University 9th Annual Postgraduate Conference, Chair (2017-), https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-research/about-graduate-school/support-postgraduate-research-students/bu-annual-postgraduate-conference
- BCUR17 - The British Conference of Undergraduate Research 2017, Bournemouth University, Chair (2017-), https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/british-conference-undergraduate-research-2017
- Bournemouth University Science and Technology Post Graduate Researcher Conference 2017, Chair (2017-)
- RE17 - 25th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, Student Volunteer (2017-), http://re2017.org/
- Summer School on Human Factors in Systems Safety and Security, Bournemouth University, Chair (2017-), https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/human-factors-in-systems-safety-and-security-tickets-33332437217
- HCI 2016 - The 30th British Human Computer Interaction Conference, Bournemouth University, Student Volunteer (2016-), http://hci2016.bcs.org/
External Media and Press
- CAIRIS: Building security into your software and system designs, CAIRIS.org. http://cairis.org/media/
- BU students compete in Cyber 9/12 Challenge, Bournemouth University, 04 Feb 2019. https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/news/2019-02-04/bu-students-compete-cyber-912-challenge
- BU team win Best Teamwork prize at Cyber 9/12 Challenge, Bournemouth University, 21 Feb 2019. https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/news/2019-02-21/bu-team-win-best-teamwork-prize-cyber-912-challenge