Dr Mona Seyed Esfahani
- mseyedesfahani at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Marketing Communication
- Weymouth House W420, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
My main area of research is innovation adoption and communication. I am particularly interested in innovation in healthcare industry. I am the chair of an ISPIM SIG on health and innovation and work with international partners to understand and improve Medtech and surgical innovation adoption and communication in healthcare centres. I am also interested in using new technologies as an innovative product/service in healthcare and currently am working on understanding the adoption and communication in use of Virtual Reality in pain management. I also explore consumer behaviour towards new technologies such as VR and am interested in online anthropomorphism and its impact on consumer adoption of new technologies.
- Seyed Esfahani, M., Reynolds, N. and Ashleigh, M., 2020. MINDFUL AND MINDLESS ANTHROPOMORPHISM: HOW TO FACILITATE CONSUMER COMPREHENSION TOWARDS NEW PRODUCTS. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management.
- Beecham, S. and Seyed Esfahani, M., 2017. The Home of Football: How Globalisation has Impacted the English Football Team. Journal of Promotional Communications, 5 (2).
- Heydari Khajehpour, S. and Seyed Esfahani, M., 2020. The barriers of accepting Virtual Reality in Healthcare by older generation. In: International Society for Professional Innovation Management (ISPIM) 7-10 June 2020 Virtual.
- Seyed Esfahani, M., Heydari Khajehpour, S. and Manku, T., 2019. Virtual Reality in Healthcare – what stops hospitals and patients to adopt the technology? In: International Society of Professional Innovation Management (ISPIM) 16-20 June 2019 Florence, Italy. ISPIM.
- Oliver, J.J., Chapleo, C., seyed, M. and Seyed Esfahani, M., 2018. Brand architecture in the media sector: an examination of network, channel, programme and talent personalities. In: Academy of Marketing Conference. 2-4 July 2018 Stirling, UK.
- Seyed Esfahani, M., Heydari Khajehpour, S., Roushan, G. and Howell, R., 2018. Innovation Adoption in Robotic Surgery - A Surgical Innovation Framework using Royal Bournemouth Hospital. In: The International Society for Professional Innovation Management 17-20 June 2018 Stockholm, Sweden. 1-16.
- Oliver, J., Seyed Esfahani, M. and Chapleo, C., 2017. The importance of media brand personality fit between audience and channel brands; an exploration. In: European Media Management Assocation 10-12 May 2017 Ghent, Belgium.
- Oliver, J.J., Chapleo, C. and Seyed Esfahani, 2016. Media brand architecture: managing network, channel, programme and talent personalities. In: European Media Management Association 11-12 May 2017 Ghent University, Belgium.
- oliver, J. and chapleo, C., 2016. Managing media brands: avoiding multiple personality disorder. In: EMMA 2-4 June 2016 Portugal.
- Seyed Esfahani, M., 2014. Examining the impact of consumer innovativeness on RNP comprehension and online behaviour. In: Academy of Marketing 7-10 July 2014 Bournemouth.
- Seyed Esfahani, M., 2012. Avatar-based marketing and its role in promoting RNPs. In: Academy of Marketing 2012 2-5 July 2012 Southampton , UK.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Quantitative Research Methodology
Profile of Teaching UG
- Planning and Launching New Products - Media Planning - Academic and Professional Research - Fundamentals of Marketing - Developing Research Imagination - Digital Marketing Strategies
- Research Imagination
- Consumer Culture and Behaviour
- Digital Essentials
- Innovation adoption amongst Medical staff at Bournemouth Royal Hospital – The case of Robotic Surgery. (Bournemouth Universiy Industrial Secondment, 01 Mar 2018). Awarded
- ISPIM, SIG leader of Health and Innovation (2019-)
- International Society for Professional Innovation Management, Chair of Special Interest Group Health &Innovation (2019-), https://www.ispim-innovation.com/sig-lhealth-innovation
- European Journal of Marketing, Reviewer (2018-)
- ISPIM Florence, Virtual Reality in Healthcare – what stops hospitals and patients o adopt the technology?, 16 Jun 2019, Florence- Italy
- ISPIM Stockholm, Innovation Adoption in Robotic Surgery - A Surgical Innovation Framework using Royal Bournemouth Hospital, 17 Jun 2018, Stockholm
- Academy of Marketing, Examining the impact of consumer innovativeness on RNP comprehension and online behaviour, 07 Jul 2014, Bournemouth - UK
- Academy of Marketing, Avatar-based marketing and its role in promoting RNPs, 02 Jul 2012, Southampton - UK
- Research Leadership, 01 Oct 2018
- Doctoral Supervision Course, 24 Jan 2018, Certificate
- SPSS, 05 Oct 2017
- PG Certificate Education Practice, 01 Oct 2014, PG Certificate Education Practice
- International Society for Professional Innovation Management, Member (2018-), https://www.ispim-innovation.com/
- ISPIM ((International Society for Professional Innovation Management), Member (2018-2019), https://www.ispim-innovation.com/
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2015-),
- Academy of Marketing, Member (2012-2018),