Dr Mona Seyed Esfahani
- 01202 967306
- mseyedesfahani at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In Marketing Communication
- Weymouth House W420, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
My main area of research is innovation adoption and communication. I am particularly interested in innovation in healthcare. I am the chair Health and Innovation Special Interest Group at ISPIM and work with international partners to understand and improve Medtech and surgical innovation adoption and communication in healthcare industry. I am interested in application of new technologies in healthcare and currently exploring the use of Virtual Reality in pain management. Another project is positive storytelling (@NHSBLUEHEROES), as a way of communicating positive care outcome to healthcare workers.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Good health and well-being
"Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages"
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
Responsible consumption and production
"Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns"
- Seyed Esfahani, M., Heydari Khajehpour, S., Roushan-Easton, G. and Howell, R.D., 2022. A Framework for Successful Adoption of Surgical Innovation. Surgical Innovation, 29 (5), 662-670.
- McMorrow,, J. and Seyed Esfahani, M., 2021. An exploration into people’s perception and intention on using cryptocurrencies. Holistica - Journal of Business and Public Administration, 12 (2), 109-144.
- Esfahani, M.S., Reynolds, N. and Ashleigh, M., 2020. Mindful and Mindless Anthropomorphism: How to Facilitate Consumer Comprehension towards New Products. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, 17 (3).
- Seyed Esfahani, M. and Reynolds, N., 2020. Impact of consumer innovativeness on really new product adoption. Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 39 (4), 589-612.
- Beecham, S. and Seyed Esfahani, M., 2017. The Home of Football: How Globalisation has Impacted the English Football Team. Journal of Promotional Communications, 5 (2).
- Seyed Esfahani, M. and Abbasirad, K., 2021. Managing user engagement in Virtual event platforms. In: International Society for Professional Innovation Management (ISPIM) 29 November-2 December 2021 Valencia. LUT Scientific and Expertise Publications.
- Heydari Khajehpour, S. and Seyed Esfahani, M., 2020. The barriers of accepting Virtual Reality in Healthcare by older generation. In: International Society for Professional Innovation Management (ISPIM) 7-10 June 2020 Virtual. Event Proceedings: LUT Scientific and Expertise Publications: ISBN 978-952-335-466-1.
- Seyed Esfahani, M., Heydari Khajehpour, S. and Manku, T., 2019. Virtual Reality in Healthcare – what stops hospitals and patients to adopt the technology? In: International Society of Professional Innovation Management (ISPIM) 16-20 June 2019 Florence, Italy. ISPIM.
- Oliver, J.J., Chapleo, C. and Seyed Esfahani, M., 2018. Brand architecture in the media sector: an examination of network, channel, programme and talent personalities. In: Academy of Marketing Conference. 2-4 July 2018 Stirling, UK.
- Seyed Esfahani, M., Heydari Khajehpour, S., Roushan, G. and Howell, R., 2018. Innovation Adoption in Robotic Surgery - A Surgical Innovation Framework using Royal Bournemouth Hospital. In: The International Society for Professional Innovation Management 17-20 June 2018 Stockholm, Sweden. http://en.ruc.findplus.cn/search_list.html?h=search_list&query=JN:%22Proceedings%20of%20ISPIM%20Conferences%22, 1-16.
- Oliver, J., Seyed Esfahani, M. and Chapleo, C., 2017. The importance of media brand personality fit between audience and channel brands; an exploration. In: European Media Management Assocation 10-12 May 2017 Ghent, Belgium.
- Oliver, J.J., Chapleo, C. and Seyed Esfahani, 2016. Media brand architecture: managing network, channel, programme and talent personalities. In: European Media Management Association 11-12 May 2017 Ghent University, Belgium.
- Oliver, J.J., Chapleo, C. and Esfahani, M., 2016. Managing media brands: avoiding multiple personality disorder. In: European Media Management Conference 2-4 June 2016 Porto, Portugal.
- Seyed Esfahani, M., 2014. Examining the impact of consumer innovativeness on RNP comprehension and online behaviour. In: Academy of Marketing 7-10 July 2014 Bournemouth.
- Seyed Esfahani, M., 2012. Avatar-based marketing and its role in promoting RNPs. In: Academy of Marketing 2012 2-5 July 2012 Southampton , UK.
- Seyed Esfahani, M., 2017. The effect of Telepresence and Anthropomorphic attributes on consumers comprehension of RNPs: A study on consumer innovativeness and anthropomorphism (measurement and application). PhD Thesis. Southampton University.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Quantitative Research Methodology
Profile of Teaching UG
- Planning and Launching New Products - Media Planning - Academic and Professional Research - Fundamentals of Marketing - Developing Research Imagination - Digital Marketing Strategies
- Research Imagination
- Consumer Culture and Behaviour
- Digital Essentials
- Covid positive stories, impact on NHS health workers perceived guilt and compassion (Higher Education Innovation Fund, 01 Jun 2021). Awarded
- Light On Men’s Mental Health (Public Health Dorset, 01 May 2021). Awarded
- Innovation adoption amongst Medical staff at Bournemouth Royal Hospital – The case of Robotic Surgery. (Bournemouth Universiy Industrial Secondment, 01 Mar 2018). Awarded
- ISPIM, SIG leader of Health and Innovation (2019-)
- International Society for Professional Innovation Management, Chair of Special Interest Group Health &Innovation (2019-), https://www.ispim-innovation.com/sig-lhealth-innovation
- International Society for Professional Innovation Management, Scientific Panel (2019-), https://www.ispim-innovation.com/sig-lhealth-innovation
- European Journal of Marketing, Reviewer (2018-)
- ISPIM Florence, Virtual Reality in Healthcare – what stops hospitals and patients o adopt the technology?, 16 Jun 2019, Florence- Italy
- ISPIM Stockholm, Innovation Adoption in Robotic Surgery - A Surgical Innovation Framework using Royal Bournemouth Hospital, 17 Jun 2018, Stockholm
- Academy of Marketing, Examining the impact of consumer innovativeness on RNP comprehension and online behaviour, 07 Jul 2014, Bournemouth - UK
- Academy of Marketing, Avatar-based marketing and its role in promoting RNPs, 02 Jul 2012, Southampton - UK
- Research Leadership, 01 Oct 2018
- Doctoral Supervision Course, 24 Jan 2018, Certificate
- SPSS, 05 Oct 2017
- PG Certificate Education Practice, 01 Oct 2014, PG Certificate Education Practice
- Center for Science, Health and Data Communication, Member (2022-), https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/centres-institutes/centre-science-health-data-communication-research
- International Society for Professional Innovation Management, Member (2018-), https://www.ispim-innovation.com/
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2015-),
- Academy of Marketing, Member (2012-2018),