Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Gelareh has extensive experience in Higher Education and she has contributed in executive and leadership positions in Bournemouth University.
Following her recent role, as Deputy Dean in Education, Gelareh is currently the Director of Accreditation in the Faculty of Management. Her previous roles and responsibilities have included Head of Department, Head of Undergraduate Programmes, Associate Dean for e-Learning, MBA Director and Associate Dean for Education.
Gelareh is passionate about adoption of learning technologies in Higher Education to enhance student learning and she chairs the TEL Strategy Forum at Bournemouth University. Her external roles have included Chair of HE Academy’s Business Management Accounting and Finance Subject Group (e-Learning Special Interest) Group. She continues to serve as on the Board of UK Academy of Information Systems, and serves as External Examiner in other UK Universities, previous responsibilities included Transnational Education.
- Polkinghorne, M., Roushan, G. and Taylor, J., 2017. Considering the marketing of higher education: the role of student learning gain as a potential indicator of teaching quality. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, 27 (2), 213-232.
- Roushan, G., Holley, D. and Biggins, D., 2016. The kaleidoscope of voices: An action research approach to informing institutional e-learning policy. Electronic Journal of e-Learning, 14 (5), 293-300.
- Roushan, G., G, L. and Cheng-Hao, S.C., 2015. Exploring Information Technology Capability: Multiple Aspects of the Resource-Based View Information and Organization. Information and Organization.
- Kalashyan, I., Kaneva, D., Lee, S., Knapp, D., Roushan, G. and Bobeva, M., 2013. Paradigm shift-engaging academics in social media-the case of Bournemouth university. Proceedings of the European Conference on e-Learning, ECEL, 662-665.
- Sahandi, R., Roushan, G. and Heaslip, V., 2010. Remote patient monitoring to improve patient care on general hospital wards. Scope: Journal of the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine, 8-12.
- Sahandi, R., Noroozi, S., Roushan, G., Heaslip, V. and Liu, Y., 2010. Wireless technology in the evolution of patient monitoring on general hospital wards. Journal of Medical Engineering & Technology, 34, 51-63.
- Wainwright, D., Brooks, L. and Roushan, G., 2008. The UK Academy for Information Systems (UKAIS) 2008 Conference. The scope of information systems: Perspectives from academia and practice. International Journal of Information Management, 28 (6), 443-445.
- Rolfe, R., Bobeva, M. and Roushan, G., 1997. Information relationship management in electronic commerce. In: Avison, D.E., ed. Key issues in information systems : proceedings of the 2nd UKAIS conference. McGraw-Hill.
- Roushan, G., Bobeva, M. and Rolfe, R., 1997. New dimensions of the role of information systems: facilitating business collaboration in an electronic world. In: Armistead, C. and Kiely, J., eds. Effective organizations : looking to the future. London: Cassell.
- Roushan, G., 2015. Impact of Heritage & Cultural Capital and Destination Perceived Quality & Values. In: INFORMS SOCIETY FOR MARKETING SCIENCE (ISMS) 18-20 June 2015 Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, Baltimore, U.S.A.
- Roushan, G., 2014. Adoption of Social Media Marketing Strategies for Higher Education Institutions. In: Academy of Marketing 7-10 July 2014 Bournemouth.
- Kalashyan, I., Kaneva, D., Lee, S., Knapp, D., Roushan, G. and Bobeva, M., 2013. Paradigm Shift - Engaging Academics in Social Media - the Case of Bournemouth University. 662-665.
- Sahandi, R., Roushan, G., Bell, G. and Robinson, P., 2010. Managing Intellectual Capital in UK Higher Education: A Student Perspective. In: Khavandkar, J., ed. 2nd International Conference on Intellectual Capital Management (IICM 2010) 6-7 October 2010 Zanjan University, Zanjan, Iran.
- Roushan, G., Sahandi, R., Bell, G. and Robinson, P., 2010. Intellectual Capital Management in Higher Education Institutions. In: 2nd International Conference on Intellectual Capital Management (IICM 2010) 6-7 October 2010 Zanjan University, Zanjan, Iran.
- Roushan, G. and Manville, G., 2009. The Evolving Role of Information Specialists as Change Agents in Performance Management: A Cross Disciplinary Study. In: British Academy of Management Conference 16-17 September 2009 Brighton.
- Bobeva, M. and Roushan, G., 2008. Web 2.0 @ BU. In: ICERI2008: International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation 17-19 November 2008 Madrid, Spain.
- Roushan, G., White, A. and Manville, G., 2007. An investigation into the current it legislation affecting small health care organisations with respect to the management of information. 367-374.
- Roushan, G. and Sahandi, R., 2000. The Management Challenge of E-Business. In: BITWorld 2000 Conference 1-3 June 2000 Universidad Iberoamericana, Santa Fe, México City.
- Roushan, G. and Bobeva, M., 1999. The potential of intranets as a tool for knowledge management. In: 4th UKAIS Conference 6-7 April 1999 York.
- Hollocks, B., Bobeva, M. and Roushan, G., 1998. Computer-based training in small and medium-sized enterprises. In: BIT'98 conference - Business Information Management: Adaptive Futures 4-5 November 1998 Manchester.
- Sahandi, R. and Roushan, G., 1998. Multimedia in Education: Creating an Interactive Distributed Learning Environment. In: The 3rd International Conference on Multimedia Engineering and Education 7-9 July 1998 City University, Hong Kong.
- Polkinghorne, M. and Roushan, G., 2017. Assessing Student Learning: A Comparison of Existing Methods for Evaluating the Learning Gain of Students. In: CELebrate 2017 Regional Teaching and Learning Conference.
- Polkinghorne, M., Roushan, G. and Taylor, J., 2017. Evaluating Student Learning Gain: An Alternative Perspective. In: Higher Education Academy (HEA) Surveys Conference 2017.
- Polkinghorne, M. and Roushan, G., 2017. Evaluating the Learning Gain of Undergraduate Students. In: Bournemouth University 9th Annual Postgraduate Conference 2017.
- Hopkins, D., Bobeva, M. and Roushan, G., 2009. The ‘I’ in Induction, 7th e-learning@greenwich conference. In: 7th e-learning@greenwich conference: Making It Personal.
- Ndasi Wilson, 2017. The co-alignment of online affiliate retail marketing strategy and e-philonthropy: Issues and prospects (completed, August 2017)
- Claudia Vanzelotti. Digital marketing and marketisation in HE
- Timothy, 2017. PhD
- Marketing industry competitions and their role in fusing research, education & professional practice (Bournemouth University, URAP, 05 Jun 2017). Awarded
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- The Hunger Games: Let’s Win Together!, Festival of Learning 2015, BU, 16th July.
- PhD in The Evolving Role Of Information Specialists: Chan (Aston University, 2003)
- MBA in Master of Business Administration (University of Strathclyde, 1992)
- Higher Education Academy, Member,
- UK Academy for Information Systems, Member,