Dr Gelareh Roushan
- 01202 968745
- groushan at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Head Of Centre for Fusion Learning Innovation and Excellence
- Dorset House D101a, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Gelareh Roushan successfully completed her PhD titled: Role of Information Systems Specialists in Business Process Re-engineering. Her industry background is in the financial sector prior to entering academia. She has over 25 years experience in the Higher Education and she has held leadership positions through most of her career.
Following her previous roles including Deputy Dean for Education and Director of accreditation in the Business Schoo where she led successful AACSB accreditation. Gelareh is Associate Professor in Marketing and has recently been appointed as Bournemouth University's Head of Centre for Excellence in Learning. Her previous senior posts have included Head of Department, Associate Dean for Education, Head of Programmes and Director of MBA. Her other responsibilities have included, Chair of Technology Enhanced Learning Strategy Forum for the University, Project Sponsor for Vision for Learning and co-Chair of the Race Equality Charter Self-Assessment Team.
Gelareh has been serving on the Board of United Kingdom Academy for Information Systems for over 12 years and she also serves as a 'volunteer' for AACSB International... She works with other UK universities as External Examiner including Doctoral examination and programme validation, her responsibilities include Transnational Education.
Gelareh’s area of research is in Innovation Science and she has published and presented on digital solutions to meet emerging business and educational requirements for over 20 years. More recently, her area of research has been in Medtech innovation diffusion and development of a new Surgical Innovation Framework, in collaboration with the National Health Service.more
- Ndasi, W., Bolat, E. and Roushan, G., 2021. A COMPARATIVE IMPACT OF CAUSE-RELATED MARKETING AND SPONSORSHIP LEVERAGED INTERNET DISPLAY ADVERTISING. International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising, 15 (1).
- Ndasi, W., Bolat, E. and Roushan, G., 2021. Digital cause-related marketing advertising formats: Do the perceived donation amount offer and gender matters in display advertising on non-profit digital sites? Journal of Advertising Research.
- Polkinghorne, M., Roushan, G. and Taylor, J., 2020. Seeking an educational Utopia: an alternative model for evaluating student Learning Gain. Journal of Further and Higher Education.
- Polkinghorne, M., O'Sullivan, H., Taylor, J. and Roushan, G., 2019. An innovative framework for higher education to evaluate learning gain: a case study based upon the discipline of marketing. Studies in Higher Education.
- Polkinghorne, M., Roushan, G. and Taylor, J., 2017. Considering the marketing of higher education: the role of student learning gain as a potential indicator of teaching quality. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, 27 (2), 213-232.
- Roushan, G., Holley, D. and Biggins, D., 2016. The kaleidoscope of voices: An action research approach to informing institutional e-learning policy. Electronic Journal of e-Learning, 14 (5), 293-300.
- Roushan, G., G, L. and Cheng-Hao, S.C., 2015. Exploring Information Technology Capability: Multiple Aspects of the Resource-Based View Information and Organization. Information and Organization.
- Kalashyan, I., Kaneva, D., Lee, S., Knapp, D., Roushan, G. and Bobeva, M., 2013. Paradigm shift-engaging academics in social media-the case of Bournemouth university. Proceedings of the European Conference on e-Learning, ECEL, 662-665.
- Sahandi, R., Roushan, G. and Heaslip, V., 2010. Remote patient monitoring to improve patient care on general hospital wards. Scope: Journal of the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine, 8-12.
- Sahandi, R., Noroozi, S., Roushan, G., Heaslip, V. and Liu, Y., 2010. Wireless technology in the evolution of patient monitoring on general hospital wards. Journal of Medical Engineering & Technology, 34, 51-63.
- Wainwright, D., Brooks, L. and Roushan, G., 2008. The UK Academy for Information Systems (UKAIS) 2008 Conference. The scope of information systems: Perspectives from academia and practice. International Journal of Information Management, 28 (6), 443-445.
- Rolfe, R., Bobeva, M. and Roushan, G., 1997. Information relationship management in electronic commerce. In: Avison, D.E., ed. Key issues in information systems : proceedings of the 2nd UKAIS conference. McGraw-Hill.
- Roushan, G., Bobeva, M. and Rolfe, R., 1997. New dimensions of the role of information systems: facilitating business collaboration in an electronic world. In: Armistead, C. and Kiely, J., eds. Effective organizations : looking to the future. London: Cassell.
- Polkinghorne, M., Taylor, J. and Roushan, G., 2020. Evaluating Student Learning Gain in Higher Education: A Poetic Consideration Based Upon the Teaching of Business and Management. In: WBM 2020 - Business Teaching & Pedagogy Online International Research Conference 10-24 September 2020 Online. USA: Western Business and Management Conference.
- Holley, D., Roushan, G. and Drake, W., 2018. Changing cultures, engaging staff: building capacity and through informal learning approaches. In: Critical perspectives in Learning Technology 25th Association for Learning Technology Conference 11-13 September 2018 Manchester.
- Ndasi, W. and Roushan, G., 2018. Online sponsoring through cause – if you do it, do it right: Evaluating the impact of the ad context congruence. In: Bolat, E., Robson, J. and Kooli, K., eds. 17th International Congress on Nonprofit and public marketing 6-7 September 2018 Bournemouth, UK. 1-328.
- Vanzeloti, C., Bolat, E. and Roushan, G., 2018. Bold SMEs Use Social Media Intelligence Capability. In: Academy of Marketing 2018 2-5 July 2018 University of Stirling, Stirling, UK.
- Seyed Esfahani, M., Heydari Khajehpour, S., Roushan, G. and Howell, R., 2018. Innovation Adoption in Robotic Surgery - A Surgical Innovation Framework using Royal Bournemouth Hospital. In: The International Society for Professional Innovation Management 17-20 June 2018 Stockholm, Sweden. 1-16.
- Roushan, G., 2015. Impact of Heritage & Cultural Capital and Destination Perceived Quality & Values. In: INFORMS SOCIETY FOR MARKETING SCIENCE (ISMS) 18-20 June 2015 Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, Baltimore, U.S.A.
- Roushan, G., 2014. Adoption of Social Media Marketing Strategies for Higher Education Institutions. In: Academy of Marketing 7-10 July 2014 Bournemouth.
- Sahandi R., Alkhalil A , Opara-Martins J, R., 2013. Cloud Computing From SMEs Perspective: A Survey-based Investigation. 43-49.
- Kalashyan, I., Kaneva, D., Lee, S., Knapp, D., Roushan, G. and Bobeva, M., 2013. Paradigm Shift - Engaging Academics in Social Media - the Case of Bournemouth University. 662-665.
- Roushan, G., Sahandi, R., Bell, G. and Robinson, P., 2010. Intellectual Capital Management in Higher Education Institutions. In: 2nd International Conference on Intellectual Capital Management (IICM 2010) 6-7 October 2010 Zanjan University, Zanjan, Iran.
- Roushan, G. and Manville, G., 2009. The Evolving Role of Information Specialists as Change Agents in Performance Management: A Cross Disciplinary Study. In: British Academy of Management Conference 16-17 September 2009 Brighton.
- Bobeva, M. and Roushan, G., 2008. Web 2.0 @ BU. In: ICERI2008: International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation 17-19 November 2008 Madrid, Spain.
- Roushan, G., White, A. and Manville, G., 2007. An investigation into the current it legislation affecting small health care organisations with respect to the management of information. 367-374.
- Roushan, G. and Sahandi, R., 2000. The Management Challenge of E-Business. In: BITWorld 2000 Conference 1-3 June 2000 Universidad Iberoamericana, Santa Fe, México City.
- Roushan, G. and Bobeva, M., 1999. The potential of intranets as a tool for knowledge management. In: 4th UKAIS Conference 6-7 April 1999 York.
- Hollocks, B., Bobeva, M. and Roushan, G., 1998. Computer-based training in small and medium-sized enterprises. In: BIT'98 conference - Business Information Management: Adaptive Futures 4-5 November 1998 Manchester.
- Sahandi, R. and Roushan, G., 1998. Multimedia in Education: Creating an Interactive Distributed Learning Environment. In: The 3rd International Conference on Multimedia Engineering and Education 7-9 July 1998 City University, Hong Kong.
- Polkinghorne, M., Roushan, G. and Atkinson, R., 2019. Exploring Andragogy: Understanding the Implications for Teaching in Higher Education. In: Bournemouth University Fusion Learning Showcase 2019.
- Polkinghorne, M. and Roushan, G., 2017. Assessing Student Learning: A Comparison of Existing Methods for Evaluating the Learning Gain of Students. In: CELebrate 2017 Regional Teaching and Learning Conference.
- Polkinghorne, M., Roushan, G. and Taylor, J., 2017. Evaluating Student Learning Gain: An Alternative Perspective. In: Higher Education Academy (HEA) Surveys Conference 2017.
- Polkinghorne, M. and Roushan, G., 2017. Evaluating the Learning Gain of Undergraduate Students. In: Bournemouth University 9th Annual Postgraduate Conference 2017.
- Hopkins, D., Bobeva, M. and Roushan, G., 2009. The ‘I’ in Induction, 7th e-learning@greenwich conference. In: 7th e-learning@greenwich conference: Making It Personal.
- Ndasi Wilson, 2017. The co-alignment of online affiliate retail marketing strategy and e-philonthropy: Issues and prospects (completed, August 2017)
- Claudia Vanzelotti. Digital marketing and marketisation in HE
- Yitian Lu, 2020. University-Industry Collaboration, Innovation and Business Performance
- Claudia Vanzelotti. Business and Social Media Intelligence Capability
- Katayoun Abbasirad, 2020. A Framework for innovative pedagogies to enhance student learning in numerical subjects in Higher Education
- Savena Lawal, 2020. Human Branding
- Marketing industry competitions and their role in fusing research, education & professional practice (Bournemouth University, URAP, 05 Jun 2017). Awarded
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- The Hunger Games: Let’s Win Together!, Festival of Learning 2015, BU, 16th July.
- PhD in The Evolving Role Of Information Specialists: Chan (Aston University, 2003)
- MBA in Master of Business Administration (University of Strathclyde, 1992)
- Higher Education Academy, Member,
- UK Academy for Information Systems, Member,