- parkera at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Back to top
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I completed my PhD at Bournemouth University under the supervision of Tim Slattery and Julie Kirkby.
I am now working as a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the University of Oxford.
- Grant, J.H., Parker, A.J., Hodgson, J.C., Hudson, J.M. and Bishop, D.V.M., 2023. Testing the relationship between lateralization on sequence-based motor tasks and language laterality using an online battery. Laterality, 28 (1), 1-31.
- Parker, A.J., Räsänen, M. and Slattery, T.J., 2023. What is the optimal position of low-frequency words across line boundaries? An eye movement investigation. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 37 (1), 161-173.
- COLA consortium et al., 2022. Inconsistent language lateralisation - Testing the dissociable language laterality hypothesis using behaviour and lateralised cerebral blood flow. Cortex, 154, 105-134.
- Mills, R., Woodhead, Z.V.J. and Parker, A.J., 2022. Orthographic Neighborhood Effects During Lateralized Lexical Decision Are Abolished With Bilateral Presentation. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 48 (5), 481-496.
- Parsons, S., Parker, A.J., Vasilev, M.R. et al., 2022. A community-sourced glossary of open scholarship terms. Nature Human Behaviour, 6 (3), 312-318.
- Bishop, D.V.M., Thompson, J. and Parker, A.J., 2022. Can we shift belief in the 'Law of Small Numbers'? R Soc Open Sci, 9 (3), 211028.
- Parker, A.J. and Slattery, T.J., 2021. Spelling ability influences early letter encoding during reading: Evidence from return-sweep eye movements. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 74 (1), 135-149.
- Parker, A.J., Woodhead, Z.V.J., Thompson, P.A. and Bishop, D.V.M., 2021. Assessing the reliability of an online behavioural laterality battery: A pre-registered study. Laterality, 26 (4), 359-397.
- Tan Li Ning, N., Bishop, D.V.M. and Parker, A.J., 2020. Effects of blocked versus interleaved presentation on children’s vocabulary learning: A pilot study.
- Parker, A.J., Egan, C., Grant, J., Harte, S.C., Hudson, B.T. and Woodhead, Z.V.J., 2020. The role of orthographic neighbourhood effects in lateralized lexical decision: A replication study and meta-analysis.
- Parker, A.J., Woodhead, Z.V.J., Thompson, P.A. and Bishop, D.V.M., 2020. Assessing the reliability of an online behavioural laterality battery: A pre-registered study.
- Parker, A.J., Kirkby, J.A. and Slattery, T.J., 2020. Undersweep fixations during reading in adults and children. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 192.
- Slattery, T.J. and Parker, A.J., 2019. Return sweeps in reading: Processing implications of undersweep-fixations. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review, 26 (6), 1948-1957.
- Parker, A.J., Nikolova, M., Slattery, T.J., Liversedge, S.P. and Kirkby, J.A., 2019. Binocular coordination and return-sweep saccades among skilled adult readers. Journal of Vision, 19 (6), 1-19.
- Parker, A.J., Slattery, T.J. and Kirkby, J.A., 2019. Return-sweep saccades during reading in adults and children. Vision Research, 155, 35-43.
- Parker, A.J. and Slattery, T.J., 2019. Word Frequency, Predictability, and Return-Sweep Saccades: Towards the Modeling of Eye Movements During Paragraph Reading. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance.
- Parker, A.J., Kirkby, J.A. and Slattery, T.J., 2017. Predictability effects during reading in the absence of parafoveal preview. Journal of Cognitive Psychology, 29 (8), 902-911.
- Parker, A., 2019. The return-sweep in reading. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Science and Technology.
- Klein, V. and Parker, A.J., 2022. Resounding failure to replicate improved reading in dyslexic and non-dyslexic readers when using yellow backgrounds: Evidence from self-paced reading.
- Mills, R., Woodhead, Z.V.J. and Parker, A.J., 2021. Orthographic neighbourhood effects during lateralised lexical decision are abolished with bilateral presentation.