- 01202 963084
- pwilkinson at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic in Communications
- Weymouth House W314, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
- Kenway, A. and Wilkinson, P., 2019. Students as Contested: Exploring Issues of Student Identity and Identification in Educational Spaces? International Journal of Students as Partners.
- McDougall, J., Wilkinson, P., Hawley, S. and Potter, J., 2019. Students as Partners in Third Spaces. International Journal of Students as Partners, 3 (1).
- Wilkinson, P., Taylor, J. and Readman, M., 2018. Mediating family play: Exploring the expectations of digital media through a mobile application designed to facilitate real-world child–parent play. International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction, 18, 90-99.
- McDougall, J., Readman, M. and Wilkinson, P., 2018. The uses of (digital) literacy. Learning, Media and Technology, 43 (3), 263-279.
- Wilkinson, P. and Matthews, T.J., 2016. The serious games ecosystem: Interdisciplinary and intercontextual praxis. 63-91.
- Wilkinson, P., 2016. Brief history of serious games. 17-41.
- Slussareff, M., Braad, E., Wilkinson, P. and Strååt, B., 2016. Games for Learning. 189-211.
- Wilkinson, P., 2014. Digital learning game praxis. Proceedings of the European Conference on Games-based Learning, 2, 757-764.
- Wilkinson, P., 2013. Affective educational games: Utilizing emotions in game-based learning. 2013 5th International Conference on Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications, VS-GAMES 2013.
- Wilkinson, P., 2019. Purposing digital media for education: critically exploring values and expectations in applying digital media for children’s learning and development. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Media and Communication.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) (L7): Business in New Media Environment - Unit Leader
- MA Media and Communications (L7): Communicating Ideas
- MA Human Factors (L7): Project Supervision
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (L7): Project Supervision
- MA Media and Communications (L7): Project Supervision
- Education Doctorate: Interview Workshops
Profile of Teaching UG
- BA Communication and Media (L5): Web and Mobile Communication - Unit Leader
- BSc Cyber Security Management (L5): Business Continuity Management - Unit Leader
- BSc Cyber Security Management (L5): Economics of Information Security - Unit Leader
- BA Communication and Media (L6): Dissertation Supervision
- BSc Cyber Security Management (L6): Dissertation Supervision
- Programme Leader for BA Communication and Media
- Digital Capability Network (BU - ECR SIA Network, 01 Jul 2022). Completed
- Digital Attainment for Disadvantaged Youth (BU - Charity Impact Fund, 06 Jun 2022). Completed
- ‘Deterrence’: A documentary about NATO’s role in addressing Europe’s past and present security challenges (North Atlantic Treaty Organization, 18 Feb 2019). In Progress
- Combating Digital Exclusion (European Commission, 01 Jan 2018). Completed
- Digital Literacy and Multimodal Practices of Young Children: Engaging with emergent research (European Cooperation in Science and Technology, 06 Jun 2016). Completed
- Telling Tales of Engagement: Digital Families (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, 01 Jun 2016). Completed
- Dagstuhl GI Seminar on Entertainment Computing and Serious Games (Leibniz Association, 10 Feb 2015). Completed
- Dissertation Coordinator, BA Communicaton and Media
- International Jounral of Students as Partners, Anonymous peer review, 06 Aug 2018
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- EduWeb (01 Nov 2018-17 Apr 2019)
- Digital Literacy in Young People, 06 Jun 2016
- Identity and Interdisciplinarity in Games and Play, 01 Jul 2014