Dr Teresa Burdett
- 01202 962785
- tburdett at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Integrated Healthcare
- Bournemouth House B244B, 19 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LH
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr Teresa Burdett works at Bournemouth University as a lecturer in Integrated Health Care. She teaches on both undergraduate and post graduate programmes in integration, interprofessionalism, health promotion and work force development arenas.
She is also the Professional Lead for Interprofessional Learning and Education. This involves promoting, arranging and delivering Inter Professional Education between various disciplines including the different branches of nursing, social work, physiotherapy and paramedic science students and faculties.
She has also co-initiated, designed and delivered the Foundations of Integrated Care programme. This programme has been very well received with some very positive qualitative data and comments. This programme has been successfully extended becoming more person centred.
She has also successfully bid for research grants nationally and has presented at conferences both nationally and internationally. She is also part of two regional groups in the NHS which are forging ahead to enhance the integration agenda to improve patient services and standards...
She also works closely with a variety of stakeholders including trusts both locally and nationally and partners to continue to advance the level of services offered to individuals. Her nursing career has spanned adult health, health visiting and mental health in both inpatient and community settings.
I would welcome supervising (MSc, MPhil, PhD) students in the fields of integrated health care, integration, and inter professional education and work force development.more
- Levett-Jones, T., Tee, S.R., Burdett, T., Jonsson, L., Leng, C.Y., Lasater, K., Mathews, L.R., McAllister, M., Pooler, A. and Wihlborg, J., 2018. Case studies of interprofessional education initiatives from five countries. Journal of Nursing Scholarship.
- Burdett, T., 2005. Walking For Health: a community initiative. Journal of Community Nursing, 16 (10).
- Burdett, T., 2005. Obesity: A major problem in the UK. RCN Bulletin.
- Burdett, T., 2002. Poverty: a threat to health. Journal of Community Nursing, 13 (12).
- Burdett, T., 1999. Housing: an issue for all community nurses. Journal of Community Nursing, 13 (2).
- Burdett, T., 2017. Physical Health. In: Trenoweth, S. and Moone, N., eds. Psychosocial Assessment in Mental Health. London: Sage, 76-95.
- Burdett, T., 2017. Promoting the delivery of integrated care by a tiered approach of training and education. In: 17th International Conference on Integrated Care and ICIC5 5th World Congress on Integrated Care 8-10 May 2017 Dublin Ireland.
- Tee, S., McAllister, M., Levett-Jones, T., Burdett, T., Chow, Y.L., Johnsson,, L., Lasater, K., Matthews, L., Pooler, A. and Whilborg, J., 2017. Snapshots of interprofessional education to enhance clinical team work and self-efficacy. In: 7th International Clinical Skills Conference Committee 21-24 May 2017 Prato, Tuscany, Italy.
- Burdett, T., 2017. The lived experience of intentional weight loss whilst living in a society with cultural expectations of thinness. In: 34th International Human Science Research Conference 11-15 August 2015 Tronheim Norway.
- Burdett, T., 2016. Working Collaboratively Together to Enhance Integration and Enhance Patient Centred Care. In: NET Networking and education in health care 6-8 September 2016 Cambridge England.
- Marina Racu. MSc: An integrated palliative care pathway
- Marina Racu. An integrated palliative care pathway
- Helen Persey. An exploration of leadership styles within integrated care
- Helen Persey, 2020. The impact of integrated care on frailty
Profile of Teaching PG
- MSc Health Promotion Marina Racu Integrated care / physical activity and Alzheimer's Disesese
- Foundations in Nursing Practice
- Foundations of Integrated Care and Person Centred Services
Profile of Teaching UG
- Reviewing Literature to Inform Practice
- Safeguarding Inter Professional Days
- Nutrition and Clinical Sciences
- Integration Inter Professional Education Days
- Foundations in Integrated Care and Person Centred Services
- Foundations in Integrated Care
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing Throughout Life
- Service Improvement Project
- My Health and Wellbeing Throughout The Lifespan
- Personal and Professional Development
- Identifying Knowledge and Practice
- Development of Core Competencies for Integrated Care Community Health Teams – Consultancy- Phase 2 (The Tower Hamlets Integrated Provider Partnership (THIPP), 01 Jan 2016). Awarded
- Development of Core Competencies for Integrated Care Community Health Teams – Consultancy- Phase 1 (The Tower Hamlets Integrated Provider Partnership (THIPP), 01 Jan 2016). Awarded
- The Nuffield/RCN Travelling Fellowship Award (Nuffield/RCN, 01 Jan 2004). Completed
- Professional Lead for Inter professional Educationand Training, FHSS
- Lead, Inter Professional Education at Bournemouth University
- 7th International Clinical Skills Conference Committee, "Snapshots of interprofessional education to enahnce clinical team work and self-efficacy, 21 May 2017, Prato, Tuscany, Italy
- 17th International Conference on Integrated Care and 5th World Congress on Integrated Care, Promoting the delivery of integrated care by a tiered approach of training and education, 08 May 2017, Dublin Ireland
- NET, Working Collaboratively Together to Enhance Integration and Enhance Patient Centred Care, 06 Sep 2016, Cambridge England
- 34th International Human Science Research Conference, The lived experience of intentional weight loss whilst living in a society with cultural expectations of thinness, 11 Aug 2015, Trondheim Norway
- ENB 998 in Teaching and Assessing in Clinical Practice (English National Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting, 1994)
- ENB 870 in Appreciation and Application of Research (English National Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting, 1995)
- City and Guilds Certificate - Vocational Assessor in Vocational Assessor Award (Bournemouth and Poole College of Further Education, 1994)
- Worlds of English in Pluralities of Englilsh (Open University, 2014)
- RNT in Registered Nurse Tutor (Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC), 2015)
- Diploma in Professional Nursing Studies (Bournemouth University, 1994)
- BSc (Hons) in Community Health Nursing (Health Visiting) (Southampton University, 1997)
- MSc in Health Education and Health Promotion (Southampton University, 2003)
- PhD in Education (Southampton University, 2010)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice (Open University, 2015)
- Senior Fellow (Higher Education Academy, 2017)
- Nuffield/Travelling Fellowship (Nuffield/Travelling Fellowship, 2004)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (Higher Education Academy, 2015)
- British Society of Phenomenology, Member (2015-),
- CAIPE Centre for the Advancement of Interprofessional Education, Member,
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2015-),
- International Foundation for Integrated Care, Member (2017-),
- NMC, Member (1988-),
- Royal College of Nursing, Member (1985-),