Dr Teresa Burdett
- 01202 962785
- tburdett at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In Integrated Healthcare
- Bournemouth House B244B, 19 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LH
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Teresa Burdett works at Bournemouth University as a senior lecturer in Integrated Health Care. She teaches on both undergraduate and post graduate programmes in integration, interprofessionalism, health promotion and work force development arenas.
She is also the Professional Lead for Interprofessional Learning and Education. This involves promoting, arranging and delivering Inter Professional Education between various disciplines including the different branches of nursing, social work, physiotherapy and paramedic science students and faculties.
She has also co-initiated, designed and delivered the Foundations of Integrated Care programme. This programme has been very well received with some very positive qualitative data and comments. This programme has been successfully extended becoming more person centred.
She has also successfully bid for research grants nationally and has presented at conferences both nationally and internationally. She is also part of two regional groups in the NHS which are forging ahead to enhance the integration agenda to improve patient services and standards...
She also works closely with a variety of stakeholders including trusts both locally and nationally and partners to continue to advance the level of services offered to individuals. Her nursing career has spanned adult health, health visiting and mental health in both inpatient and community settings.
I would welcome supervising (MSc, MPhil, PhD) students in the fields of integrated health care, integration, and inter professional education and work force development.more
- Davies, N. and Burdett, T., 2020. Would integrating women's professional care of pelvic organ prolapse improve the symptoms and quality of life: an integrative literature review. Journal of Integrated Care, 28 (2), 119-133.
- Raco, M., Burdett, T. and Heaslip, V., 2019. Exploring an integrated palliative care model for older people: an integrative review. Journal of Integrated Care, 27 (2), 111-122.
- Saleem, M., Burdett, T. and Heaslip, V., 2019. Health and social impacts of open defecation on women: A systematic review. BMC Public Health, 19 (1).
- Evans, K., Tadhunter, J., Oldman, C., Ritchie, G., Holroyd, S., Burdett, T. and Self, E., 2019. NHS Long Term Plan and what it means for community nurses. Journal of Community Nursing, 33 (1), 8-12.
- Burdett, T. and Fenge, L.-A., 2018. What implications will Brexit have for integrated care provision? Journal of community nursing, 32 (6), 57-61.
- Burdett, T. and Fenge, L.A., 2018. Brexit: The impact on health and social care and the role of community nurses. Journal of Community Nursing, 32 (4), 62-65.
- Levett-Jones, T., Burdett, T., Chow, Y.L., Jönsson, L., Lasater, K., Mathews, L.R., McAllister, M., Pooler, A., Tee, S. and Wihlborg, J., 2018. Case Studies of Interprofessional Education Initiatives From Five Countries. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 50 (3), 324-332.
- Burdett, T., 2017. Conference presentation Promoting the delivery of integrated care by a tiered approach. International Journal of Integrated Care 2017, vol17 (5).
- Burdett, T., 2005. Obesity: A major problem in the UK. RCN Bulletin.
- Burdett, T., 2005. Walking For Health: a community initiative. Journal of Community Nursing, 16 (10).
- Burdett, T., 2002. Poverty - A threat to health. Journal of Community Nursing, 16 (10).
- Burdett, T., 2002. Poverty: a threat to health. Journal of Community Nursing, 13 (12).
- Burdett, T., 1999. Housing: an issue for all community nurses. Journal of Community Nursing, 13 (2), 16-20.
- Burdett, T., 1999. Housing - An issue for all community nurses. Journal of Community Nursing, 13 (12).
- Burdett, T., 1999. Housing: an issue for all community nurses. Journal of Community Nursing, 13 (2).
- Burdett, T., 2017. Physical Health. In: Trenoweth, S. and Moone, N., eds. Psychosocial Assessment in Mental Health. London: Sage, 76-95.
- Mills, A., Rees, K., Burdett, T. and Knight, A., 2020. Helping student nurses to self-care and develop their promoting health communication skills. In: 8th International Nurse Education Conference 26-29 April 2020 Stiges, Spain.
- Mills, A., Rees, K., Burdett, T. and Knight, A., 2020. Overcoming the Obstacles: Delivering a Brief Intervention Initiative (MECC) within an Undergraduate Nursing Programme. In: HEE - Joining Forces for Wellbeing 25 March 2020 Winchester.
- Burdett, T., 2017. Promoting the delivery of integrated care by a tiered approach of training and education. In: 17th International Conference on Integrated Care and ICIC5 5th World Congress on Integrated Care 8-10 May 2017 Dublin Ireland.
- Tee, S., McAllister, M., Levett-Jones, T., Burdett, T., Chow, Y.L., Johnsson,, L., Lasater, K., Matthews, L., Pooler, A. and Whilborg, J., 2017. Snapshots of interprofessional education to enhance clinical team work and self-efficacy. In: 7th International Clinical Skills Conference Committee 21-24 May 2017 Prato, Tuscany, Italy.
- Burdett, T., 2017. The lived experience of intentional weight loss whilst living in a society with cultural expectations of thinness. In: 34th International Human Science Research Conference 11-15 August 2015 Tronheim Norway.
- Burdett, T., 2016. Working Collaboratively Together to Enhance Integration and Enhance Patient Centred Care. In: NET Networking and education in health care 6-8 September 2016 Cambridge England.
- Helen Persey, 2020. The impact of integrated care on frailty
- Helen Persey. An exploration of leadership styles within integrated care
- Marina Racu. An integrated palliative care pathway
- Marina Racu. MSc: An integrated palliative care pathway
Profile of Teaching PG
- Foundations of Integrated Care and Person Centred Services
- Foundations in Nursing Practice
- MSc Health Promotion Marina Racu Integrated care / physical activity and Alzheimer's Disesese
Profile of Teaching UG
- Identifying Knowledge and Practice
- Personal and Professional Development
- My Health and Wellbeing Throughout The Lifespan
- Service Improvement Project
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing Throughout Life
- Foundations in Integrated Care
- Foundations in Integrated Care and Person Centred Services
- Integration Inter Professional Education Days
- Nutrition and Clinical Sciences
- Safeguarding Inter Professional Days
- Reviewing Literature to Inform Practice
- Development of Core Competencies for Integrated Care Community Health Teams – Consultancy- Phase 1 (The Tower Hamlets Integrated Provider Partnership (THIPP), 01 Jan 2016). Awarded
- Development of Core Competencies for Integrated Care Community Health Teams – Consultancy- Phase 2 (The Tower Hamlets Integrated Provider Partnership (THIPP), 01 Jan 2016). Awarded
- The Nuffield/RCN Travelling Fellowship Award (Nuffield/RCN, 01 Jan 2004). Completed
- Lead, Inter Professional Education at Bournemouth University
- Professional Lead for Inter professional Educationand Training, FHSS
- 18th International Conference on Integrated Care ICIC18, Development and Implementation of Core Competencies for integrated Care Community Teams (ICCT): a UK experience, 23 May 2018, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Wessex Public health Conference - making the Case for Investment in Prevention, A local initiative to promote the initiation of health conversation skills in student nurses, 22 Mar 2018, Soutrhampton University
- Population Health and Prevention Conference, Embedding Ever Contact Counts (MECC) within a Nursing UG Programme, 07 Mar 2018, Leeds
- 7th International Clinical Skills Conference Committee, "Snapshots of interprofessional education to enahnce clinical team work and self-efficacy, 21 May 2017, Prato, Tuscany, Italy
- 17th International Conference on Integrated Care and 5th World Congress on Integrated Care, Promoting the delivery of integrated care by a tiered approach of training and education, 08 May 2017, Dublin Ireland
- NET, Working Collaboratively Together to Enhance Integration and Enhance Patient Centred Care, 06 Sep 2016, Cambridge England
- 34th International Human Science Research Conference, The lived experience of intentional weight loss whilst living in a society with cultural expectations of thinness, 11 Aug 2015, Trondheim Norway
- Senior Fellow Higher Education Academy in Senior Fellow Higher Education Academy (Higher Education Academy, 2017)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice (Open University, 2015)
- RNT in Registered Nurse Tutor (Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC), 2015)
- Worlds of English in Pluralities of Englilsh (Open University, 2014)
- PhD in Education (Southampton University, 2010)
- MSc in Health Education and Health Promotion (Southampton University, 2003)
- BSc (Hons) in Community Health Nursing (Health Visiting) (Southampton University, 1997)
- ENB 870 in Appreciation and Application of Research (English National Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting, 1995)
- Diploma in Professional Nursing Studies (Bournemouth University, 1994)
- City and Guilds Certificate - Vocational Assessor in Vocational Assessor Award (Bournemouth and Poole College of Further Education, 1994)
- ENB 998 in Teaching and Assessing in Clinical Practice (English National Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting, 1994)
- ENB English National Board in ENB 346 Care of the Ophthalmic Patient (ENB English National Board, 1993)
- English National Board ENB in ENB 941 Care of the Older Person (English National Board ENB, 1991)
- Senior Fellow (Higher Education Academy, 2017)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (Higher Education Academy, 2015)
- Nuffield/Travelling Fellowship (Nuffield/Travelling Fellowship, 2004)
- International Foundation for Integrated Care, Member (2017-),
- Phenomenological Interest Group, Member (2017-),
- British Society of Phenomenology, Member (2015-),
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2015-),
- NMC, Member (1988-),
- Royal College of Nursing, Member (1985-),
- CAIPE Centre for the Advancement of Interprofessional Education, Member,