Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Outward facing role that requires engagement with personnel in 15 NHS Trusts and providers of NHS commissioned care within the independent sector. The focus of this engagement is to ensure that the quality and range of practice placements for students undertaking under graduate healthcare programmes meets the standards of the educational institution and the professional, regulatory and statutory bodies. This allows me to further my interest in the development of professional practice.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
- Stainer, L., Humphries, B., Uren, C., Watson, A. and Johns, C., 2022. Practice supervisors and assessors experiences in the Covid 19 pandemic. Nursing Times, 118 (8), 1-3.
- Hutchings, M., McLarnon, N., McDermott, J., Watson, A., Power, A., Anderson, E.S. and Owens, M., 2022. Practice-based learning and the impacts of COVID-19: doing it for real? British Journal of Midwifery, 30 (6), 333-344.
- Humphries, B., Keeley, S., Stainer, L. and Watson, A., 2020. An alternative placement model for nursing students: Discovering new horizons. British Journal of Health Care Management, 26 (5), 138-143.
- Allen, S., Bobeva, M., Budka, M., Clarke, S., Darby, I., Devis-Rozental, M., Holley, D., Phillips, P., Böckle, E., Polkinghorne, M., Stewart, N., Tait, D., Taylor, D., Thurston, J., Watson, A. et al., 2022. Fusion Learning Conference 2021. Poole, Dorset, UK: Bournemouth University.
- Stainer, L., Tait, D. and Bockle, E., 2022. Developing and Evaluating a Virtual Placement: Analysing the Health and Social Needs of a Defined Community during COVID-19. In: Morley, D. and Golam, J., eds. Agile Learning Environments amid Disruption Evaluating Academic Innovations in Higher Education during COVID-19. Palgrave Macmillan, 529-546.
- Thurston, J. and Polkinghorne, M., 2022. Students as Researchers. In: Fusion Learning Conference - Innovation and Excellence in the Pandemic 28 June-29 July 2021 Bournemouth University: UK. Poole, UK: Bournemouth University.
- Stainer, L., Humphries, B., Watson, A. and Johns, C., 2022. Advancing equality, diversity and inclusion in nursing education. In: RCN Education Forum National Conference & Exhibition 26-27 April 2022 26 to 27 April 2022 Online.
- Bockle, E., Watson, A., Tait, D. and Stainer, L., 2021. A Virtual Placement - An innovative initiative during a global pandemic. In: RCN Education Forum National Conference and Exhibition 21-22 April 2021 Online.
- Stainer, L., Tait, D., Watson, A. and Bockle, E., 2021. The creation of a Virtual Locality Placement that enabled student nurses to achieve practice hours during the pandemic. In: Celebrating and Disseminating Good Practice across Health Care Professions 5 May 2021 A HEE South West Virtual Event: Clinical Placement Expansion and Capacity theme.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Service Improvment Project
- Learning and Assessement in Practice
- Celebrating and Disseminating Good practice across Health Professions, How the creation of a Virtual Locality Placement enabled student nurses to achieve practice hours during the pandemic, 05 May 2021, Virtual
- RCN Education Forum Virtual Conference and Exhibition 2021. Stepping up: educating the nursing workforce in challenging times, A virtual placement: An innovative initiative during a global pandemic, 20 Apr 2021, Virtual
- PGDip in Education (Bournemouth University, 2005)
- Advanced Diploma in Mental Health Nursing (Bournemouth University, 2002)
- BSc (Hons) in Psychosocial Intervention for Psychosis (Bournemouth University, 2000)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Adult Nurse, Mental Health Nurse,
- Royal College of Nursing, Member,