Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Anne has spent much of her professional life working in the field of public health in the United Kingdom and several European countries. She currently works as a senior academic at Bournemouth University, where she is actively involved in lecturing in the field of health promotion to both undergraduates and post graduates.
Her research interests are concerned with understanding and addressing the lived experiences of health inequalities.
- King, D., Tee, S., Falconer, L., Angell, C., Holley, D. and Mills, A., 2018. Virtual health education: Scaling practice to transform student learning: Using virtual reality learning environments in healthcare education to bridge the theory/practice gap and improve patient safety. Nurse Education Today, 71, 7-9.
- Heaslip, V., Scammell, J., Mills, A., Spriggs, A., Addis, A., Bond, M., Latchford, C., Warren, A., Borwell, J. and Tee, S., 2018. Service user engagement in healthcare education as a mechanism for value based recruitment: An evaluation study. Nurse Education Today, 60, 107-113.
- Turner-Wilson, A.L., Mills, A.M. and Rees, K., 2017. Can nurses rise to the public health challenge? How a novel solution in nurse education can address this contemporary question. Nurse Education Today, 57, 65-67.
- Mills, A., Turner Wilson, A. and Rees, K., 2018. A local initiative to promote the initiation of health conversation skills in student nurses. In: Wessex Public health Conference - making the Case for Investment in Prevention 22 March 2018 Southampton University.
- Rees, K., Mills, A. and Turner Wilson, A., 2018. Embedding Every Contact Counts (MECC) within a Nursing UG Programme. In: Population Health and Prevention Conference 7 March 2018 Leeds.
- Mills, A., 2018. Personal Best Stories: Journeys into and beyond volunteering. In: The Voluntary sector and Volunteering Research Conference 8-9 September 2015 Leeds Beckett University.
- Mills, A., Rees, K. and Turner-Wilson, A., 2016. Leaders for Justice in Future Public Health Practice. In: International Academic Forum 29 June-3 July 2016 Brighton.
- Heaslip, V., Spriggs, A, Mills, A., Scammell, J., Warren, A., Mercer, A., Addis, A., Bond, M., Latchford, C. and Borwell, J., 2016. "Humanising the Interview Process”; an Evaluation of Service User/Carers Contribution to Value Based Recruitment in a Pre-registration Adult Nursing Programme. In: NET/NEP 6th International Nurse Education Conference 3-6 April 2016 Brisbane, Australia.
- Spriggs, A., Heaslip, V., Mills, A., Warren, A. and Haynes, J., 2015. Service User/Carers contribution to Value Based Recruitment in a Pre-registration Adult Nursing Programme. In: NET; networking for education in healthcare 8-10 September 2015 Churchill College, Cambridge.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Health Promotion for the UG Nursing Programme
- Health Promotion for the UG Nutrition Programme
- Wessex Public health Conference - making the Case for Investment in Prevention, A local initiative to promote the initiation of health conversation skills in student nurses, 22 Mar 2018, Soutrhampton University
- Population Health and Prevention Conference, Embedding Ever Contact Counts (MECC) within a Nursing UG Programme, 07 Mar 2018, Leeds
- International Networking for Healthcare Education Conference, Co-creation – Student Nurses join the Interview Panels for Adult Nursing., 06 Sep 2016, Churchill College, University of Cambridge
- World Health Promotion Conference, Promoting Health: Ensuring equity, sharing the benefits of volunteering., 22 May 2016, Curitiba. Brazil
- Health and Wellbeing through Occupation OSE 2015 Conference, Stories of Volunteering, 03 Sep 2015, Bournemouth University
- The Voluntary Sector and Volunteering Research Conference, Personal Best Volunteering Stories, 03 Sep 2015, Leeds Beckett University
- International Festival of Public Health UK, Promoting health: journeys into and beyond volunteering, 02 Jul 2015, Manchester University
- PGCE in Teaching (Southampton University, 2002)
- MSc in Health Education and Health Promotion (Southampton University, 2001)
- EdD in Personal Best Stories - a Biographical Approach (Southampton University, 2014)
- Registered Nurse in Adult Nursing (General Nursing Council. Salisbury District Hospital, 1979)
- Registered Midwife in Midwifery (General Nursing Council. Queen Charlotte's Hospital for Women, 1982)
- Registered Health Visitor in Health Visiting (Southampton University and NMC, 1985)
- Dip HE in Nursing (London University, 1980)
- BSA Auto / Biography Study Group, Member, http://www.britsoc.co.uk/study-groups/autobiography
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow,
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Member,