- 01202 962272
- ttomczyk at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Project Management
- Dorset House D235, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Originally trained as a Chemist gaining his BSc in Chemistry from the University of Nicolaus Copernicus (Torun, Poland) and MSc in Tourism Management and Marketing from Bournemouth University, Arkadiusz followed a career in management in the hospitality industry. Gaining practical experience in hospitality Operations Management, Arkadiusz teaches undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in higher education. He has taught at Bournemouth University units such as Financial Reporting, Entrepreneurship and SME Management, Event Business, Sustainable Project Management, Business Simulation, and practical aspects of Hospitality Operations and Food and Beverage Management. He is very self-motivated with high integrity, pragmatic, and flexible yet has a structured and analytical approach. Also, Arkadiusz’s teaching has been recognised by awarding multiple ‘You’re Brilliant’ awards (SUBU student recognition award).
Arkadiusz is also a PhD candidate at Bournemouth University, interested in personalisation, value co-creation and Revenue Management research... His current research project is titled: Personalisation through co-creation. With his excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, he was elected as a vice-chair of the Southern Branch of the Institute of Hospitality, for which the primary purpose is to promote professionalism through lifelong learning.more
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
Sustainable cities and communities
"Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable"
Partnership for the Goals
"Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development"
- Tomczyk, A.T., Buhalis, D., Fan, D.X.F. and Williams, N.L., 2022. Price-personalization: Customer typology based on hospitality business. Journal of Business Research, 147, 462-476.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Sustainable Project Management for Events
- Project Management in Practice
- Dissertation Supervision
Profile of Teaching UG
- Sustainable Project Management
- Business Simulation
- Project (Dissertation Supervision)
- Financial Reporting for Hospitality
- Event Business
- Hospitality Resources and Revenue Management
- Hospitality Operations
International Tourism Markets, Vashwakara University, 07 Aug 2020 more
International Tourism Markets, Vishwakarma University, India
- Personal Tutor, BA Business and Management and MSc Organisational Project Management students
- Level Coordinator, MSc Organisational Project Management
- Journal of Business Research, Anonymous peer review, 01 Jul 2021
- International Journal of Event and Festival Managment, Anonymous peer review, 01 Jan 2021
- Tourism Review, Anonymous peer review, 15 Dec 2020
- PGCE in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2022)
- Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA) (American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA), 2018)
- MSc in Tourism Marketing and Management (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- BSc (Hons) in Chemistry (Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland, 2007)
- You're Brilliant Award (SUBU, 2022)
- Best presentation (PGR Colloquium - Bournemouth University, 2021)
- You're Brilliant Award (SUBU, 2018)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2022-),
- Institute of Hospitality, Member (2016-),