Dr Cagatay Yucel
- cyucel at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Computer Science
- Poole House P418, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Çagatay Yücel is a Lecturer in Computer Science (Cybersecurity) in the Department of Computing & Informatics at Bournemouth University. Prior to this post, he worked as a Postdoctoral researcher and Threat Intelligence Analyst at Bournemouth University CERT. Yucel received his PhD in 2019 with the thesis titled “Imaging and Evaluating the Memory Access for Malware”. He has specialised and published in the fields of malware analysis, reverse engineering and cyber threat intelligence.
- Lockett, A., Chalkias, I., Yucel, C., Henriksen-Bulmer, J. and Katos, V., 2023. Investigating IPTV Malware in the Wild. Future Internet, 15 (325).
- Koltuksuz, A., Yucel, C. and Maazu Kademi, A., 2023. An information geometrical evaluation of Shannon information metrics on a discrete n-dimensional digital manifold. Heliyon, 9 (6).
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J., Yucel, C., Faily, S. and Chalkias, I., 2022. Privacy Goals for the Data Lifecycle. Future Internet, 14 (11).
- Odemis, M., Yucel, C. and Koltuksuz, A., 2022. Detecting User Behavior in Cyber Threat Intelligence: Development of Honeypsy System. Security and Communication Networks, 2022.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J., Yucel, C., Faily, S. and Chalkias, I., 2022. Privacy Goals for the Data Lifecycle. Future Internet, 14, 315.
- Tsimperidis, I., Yucel, C. and Katos, V., 2021. Age and gender as cyber attribution features in keystroke dynamic-based user classification processes. Electronics (Switzerland), 10 (7).
- Yücel, Ç. and Koltuksuz, A., 2020. Imaging and evaluating the memory access for malware. Forensic Science International: Digital Investigation, 32.
- Koltuksuz, A. and Yücel, C., 2014. Software development for transitions of graphs from discrete state into the continuous state. Applied Mathematics and Information Sciences, 8 (6), 2929-2935.
- Yucel, C. and Koltuksuz, A., 2014. An Annotated Bibliographical Survey on Cyber Intelligence for Cyber Intelligence Officers. Journal of Information Warfare, 13, 1-11.
- Chalkias, I., Yucel, C., Mallis, D., Rajamaki, J., De Vecchis, F., Hagstrom, P. and Katos, V., 2024. An Empirical Evaluation of Cyber Threat Intelligence Sharing in the ECHO Early Warning System. 23-40.
- Koltuksuz, A. and Yucel, C., 2022. The Current Mechanisms for Malware Detection and Response. Horizons in Computer Science Research. Nova Science Publishers.
- Koltuksuz, A., Akbas, T. and Yucel, C., 2023. Distributed and Biometric Signature-Based Identity Proofing System for the Maritime Sector. In: 2023 8th International Conference on Computer Science and Engineering (UBMK) 13-15 September 2023 Burdur, Turkiye.
- Yucel, C., Chalkias, I., Mallis, D., Cetinkaya, D., Henriksen-Bulmer, J. and Cooper, A., 2021. Data sanitisation and redaction for cyber threat intelligence sharing platforms. Proceedings of the 2021 IEEE International Conference on Cyber Security and Resilience, CSR 2021, 343-347.
- Mavzer, K.B., Konieczna, E., Alves, H., Yucel, C., Chalkias, I., Mallis, D., Cetinkaya, D. and Sanchez, L.A.G., 2021. Trust and quality computation for cyber threat intelligence sharing platforms. Proceedings of the 2021 IEEE International Conference on Cyber Security and Resilience, CSR 2021, 360-365.
- McCall, S., Yucel, C. and Katos, V., 2021. Education in cyber physical systems security: The case of connected autonomous vehicles. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON, 2021-April, 1379-1385.
- Yucel, C., Chalkias, I., Mallis, D., Karagiannis, E., Cetinkaya, D. and Katos, V., 2020. On the assessment of completeness and timeliness of actionable cyber threat intelligence artefacts. Communications in Computer and Information Science, 1284 CCIS, 51-66.
- Yücel, Ç., Koltuksuz, A., Ödemiş, M., Kademi, A.M. and Özbilgin, G., 2018. A programmable threat intelligence framework for containerized clouds. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security, ICCWS 2018, 2018-March, 503-510.
- Odemis, M., Yucel, C., Koltuksuz, A. and Ozbilgin, G., 2018. Suggesting a Honeypot Design to Capture Hacker Psychology, Personality and Sophistication. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 13TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CYBER WARFARE AND SECURITY (ICCWS 2018), 432-438.
- Yaǧci, H., Yüce, Ç. and Koltuksuz, A., 2017. A parallel cyber universe: Botnet implementations over TOR-like networks. European Conference on Information Warfare and Security, ECCWS, 0, 537-543.
- Yucel, C., Koltuksuz, A. and Yagci, H., 2016. Clandestine cell based honeypot networks. European Conference on Information Warfare and Security, ECCWS, 2016-January, 295-302.
- Yucel, C. and Koltuksuz, A., 2014. An annotated bibliographical survey on cyber intelligence for cyber intelligence officers. European Conference on Information Warfare and Security, ECCWS, 2014-January, 213-220.
Profile of Teaching UG
- L5 - Ethical Hacking & Countermeasures
- L7 - Security Information and Event Management