Dr Jane Henriksen-Bulmer
- 01202 966700
- jhenriksenbulmer at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic in Computer Science
- Poole House P325, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Jane Henriksen-Bulmer is a Principal Academic whose research centres around Privacy, Cyber Security and managing privacy risk both on an individual and organisational level.
She currently teaches UG Business System Analysis and Design (L4) and Business Development & Enterprise (L6) as well as regularly providing Guest Lectures on her area of expertise, Privacy. Previously she has taught Business Continuity and Information Assurance.
Dr Henriksen-Bulmer's PhD focused on privacy, GDPR, risk and organisational decision making, looking at how business can incorporate contextual nuances into their privacy and risk decision making processes. Previous to this she gained an MSc in Information Technology from Bournemouth University; an MBA from Curtin University in Perth, Western Australia, and a Bachelor of Law from the Open University.
Coming from an industry background Dr Henriksen-Bulmer has a wide ranging experience of running and managing businesses and change including business process improvement... This has strongly influenced her research topic of privacy and risk and how she can best use her research and outputs to influence, assist and support businesses in a practical manner by providing practical tools, guidance and assistance to professionals in the field.more
Successfully completed my PhD on privacy, GDPR, risk and organisational decision making. This involved looking at privacy, risk and how businesses can embed privacy by design and default and contextual nuances into their privacy and risk decision making processes.
- Pilton, C., Faily, S. and Henriksen-Bulmer, J., 2021. Evaluating privacy - determining user privacy expectations on the web. Computers and Security, 105.
- Mavengere, N.B., Henriksen-Bulmer, J., Passmore, D., Mayes, H., Fakorede, O., Coles, M. and Atfield-Cutts, S., 2021. Applying innovative technologies and practices in the rapid shift to remote learning. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 48, 185-195.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J., Faily, S. and Jeary, S., 2020. DPIA in context: Applying DPIA to assess privacy risks of cyber physical systems. Future Internet, 12 (5).
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J., Faily, S. and Jeary, S., 2019. Privacy risk assessment in context: A meta-model based on contextual integrity. Computers and Security, 82, 270-283.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J. and Jeary, S., 2016. Re-identification attacks—A systematic literature review. International Journal of Information Management, 36 (6), 1184-1192.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J., Faily, S. and Jeary, S., 2018. Implementing GDPR in the Charity Sector: A Case Study. In: Kosta, E., Pierson, J., Slamanig, D., Fischer-Hübner, S. and Krenn, S., eds. Privacy and Identity Management. Fairness, Accountability, and Transparency in the Age of Big Data. Privacy and Identity. Springer: IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, 173-188.
- Yucel, C., Chalkias, I., Mallis, D., Cetinkaya, D., Henriksen-Bulmer, J. and Cooper, A., 2021. Data sanitisation and redaction for cyber threat intelligence sharing platforms. Proceedings of the 2021 IEEE International Conference on Cyber Security and Resilience, CSR 2021, 343-347.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J., Faily, S. and Jeary, S., 2019. Implementing GDPR in the charity sector: A case study. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, 547, 173-188.
- Jane, H.B. and Faily, S., 2017. Applying contextual integrity to open data publishing. HCI 2017: Digital Make Believe - Proceedings of the 31st International BCS Human Computer Interaction Conference, HCI 2017, 2017-July, 1-7.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J., 2016. A framework for public bodies for managing the secure and appropriate release of open source data. Proceedings of the 30th International BCS Human Computer Interaction Conference, HCI 2016, 2016-July.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Business System Analysis
- Business Continuity Management
- Information Assurance
- Business System Analysis and Design
- Business Development and Enterprise
- Business Systems Analysis and Design
People, Privacy and Security, Trento, Italy, 24 Jan 2020 more
European Network for Cybersecurity (NeCS) PhD Winter School
- CyGamBIT Cyber Game-Based Interventions and Teaching in Cyber Awareness and Digital Literacy (Innovate UK, 01 Apr 2022). In Progress
- Privacy Game (Bournemouth University HEIF-6, 01 May 2020). In Progress
- Privacy Throughout (Innovate UK, 23 Sep 2019). Completed
- Pitch (Innovate UK, 01 Aug 2019). Completed
- Ideal Cities (EU Horizon 2020, 01 Jun 2018). In Progress
- ECHO (EU Horizon 2020, 01 Jan 2018). In Progress
- Charity, Consultant (2018-)
- Entrepreneurial Lead (EL), ICure
- Sustainability, Anonymous peer review, 01 Jan 2020
- International Journal of Information Management, 01 Jan 2020
- The Computer Journal, 01 Jan 2020
- Computers and Security, Anonymous peer review, 01 Jan 2019
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- 2 Day PACT training Workshop
- A one day workshop aimed at Charitable Organisations to help them demystify GDPR and how it relates to Charities. The Workshop will also discuss consent and when and how Charities should conduct DPIAs
- CIPM in Certified Information Privacy Manager (IAPP, 2022)
- PhD in Privacy Risk and Organisational Decision Making (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- MSc in Information Technology (Bournemouth University, 2014)
- MBA in Masters of Business Administration (Curtin Graduate School of Business, Perth, Western Australia, 2013)
- LLB (Hons) in Law (Open University, Milton Keynes, UK, 2010)