Dr Jane Henriksen-Bulmer
- 01202 966700
- jhenriksenbulmer at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Computer Science
- Poole House P325, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Jane Henriksen-Bulmer is a lecturer in Business System Analysis, privacy and Information Assurance.
She recently completed her PhD on privacy, GDPR, risk and organisational decision making looking at how business can incorporate contextual nuances into their privacy and risk decision making processes. Previous to this Dr Henriksen-Bulmer studied law at the Open University, gaining a Bachelor of Law in 2010. She also holds a MBA from Curtin University in Perth, Western Australia and a MSc in Information Systems from Bournemouth University.
Coming from an industry background Dr Henriksen-Bulmer has a wide ranging experience of running and managing businesses and change including business process improvement. This has strongly influenced her research topic of privacy and risk and how she can best use her research and outputs to influence, assist and support businesses in a practical manner by providing practical tools, guidance and assistance to professionals in the field.
Successfully completed my PhD on privacy, GDPR, risk and organisational decision making. This involved looking at privacy, risk and how businesses can embed privacy by design and default and contextual nuances into their privacy and risk decision making processes.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J., Faily, S. and Jeary, S., 2020. DPIA in Context: Applying DPIA to Assess Privacy Risks of Cyber Physical Systems. Future Internet, 12 (5), 1-24.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J., Faily, S. and Jeary, S., 2019. Privacy risk assessment in context: A meta-model based on contextual integrity. Computers and Security, 82, 270-283.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J. and Jeary, S., 2016. Re-identification attacks—A systematic literature review. International Journal of Information Management, 36 (6), 1184-1192.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J., Faily, S. and Jeary, S., 2019. Implementing GDPR in the Charity Sector: A Case Study. In: 13th International IFIP Summer School on Privacy and Identity Management – Fairness, accountability and transparency in the age of big data 20-24 August 2018 Vienna, Austria. Springer.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J. and Faily, S., 2017. Applying Contextual integrity to Open Data Publishing. In: 31st British HCI Group Annual Conference on People and Computers: Digital Make Believe 3-6 July 2017 Sunderland, UK. British Computer Society.
- Henriksen-Bulmer, J., 2016. A framework for public bodies for managing the secure and appropriate release of open source data.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Business System Analysis
- Business Continuity Management
- Information Assurance
- Pitch (Innovate UK, 01 Aug 2019). Completed
- Ideal Cities (EU Horizon 2020, 01 Jun 2018). In Progress
- ECHO (EU Horizon 2020, 01 Jan 2018). In Progress
- Charity, Consultant (2018-)
- Entrepreneurial Lead (EL), ICure
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- 2 Day PACT training Workshop
- A one day workshop aimed at Charitable Organisations to help them demystify GDPR and how it relates to Charities. The Workshop will also discuss consent and when and how Charities should conduct DPIAs
- PhD in Privacy Risk and Organisational Decision Making (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- MSc in Information Technology (Bournemouth University, 2014)
- MBA in Masters of Business Administration (Curtin Graduate School of Business, Perth, Western Australia, 2013)
- LLB (Hons) in Law (Open University, Milton Keynes, UK, 2010)
- BCS, Associate (2019-),
- IAPP, Member (2016-), https://iapp.org/