Dr Gernot Liebchen
- 01202 966731
- gliebchen at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic in Computing
- Poole House P427, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a lecturer in Computing at Bournemouth University. I joined Bournemouth University in March 2015. Prior to this I held a teaching position covering a range of computing subjects. I received my PhD in 2010 from Brunel University. The thesis was titled “Data Cleaning Techniques for Software Engineering Data Sets “. Towards the end of my doctorate I also worked as a research assistant on an EPSRC funded project entitled "Using Program Slicing to Size Code Change".
My research interests lie in the field of Empirical Software Engineering. I am actively looking for postgraduate research students.
- Alrubaee, A.U., Cetinkaya, D., Liebchen, G. and Dogan, H., 2020. A process model for component-based model-driven software development. Information (Switzerland), 11 (6).
- Appleton, K.M. et al., 2019. A mobile phone app for the provision of personalized food-based information in an eating-out situation: Development and initial evaluation. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 21 (11).
- Hall, T., Bowes, D., Liebchen, G. and Wernick, P., 2010. Evaluating Three Approaches to Extracting Fault Data from Software Change Repositories. In: Ali Babar, M., Vierimaa, M. and Oivo, M., eds. Product-Focused Software Process Improvement. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 107-115.
- Potapova, K., Cetinkaya, D. and Liebchen, G., 2020. Monitoring and Controlling Phone Usage to Raise Awareness and Combat Digital Addiction. Proceedings of 2020 7th IEEE International Conference on Behavioural and Social Computing, BESC 2020.
- Liebchen, G. and Shepperd, M., 2016. Data sets and data quality in software engineering: Eight years on. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series.
- Alnaqbi, A., Liebchen, G., Ali, R. and Phalp, K., 2016. Culturally-Aware Motivation for Smart Services: An Exploratory Study of the UAE. In: In the proceedings of the 24th International Software Quality Management Conference. (BCS SQM/Inspire 16) 21 March 2016 Bournemouth, UK.
- Liebchen, G.A. and Shepperd, M., 2008. Data sets and data quality in software engineering. PROMISE ’08: Proceedings of the 4th international workshop on Predictor models in software engineering, 39-44 ACM.
- Liebchen, G.A., Twala, B., Shepperd, M., Cartwright, M. and Stephens, M., 2007. Filtering, Robust Filtering, Polishing: Techniques for Addressing Quality in Software Data. , 99-106 IEEE Computer Society.
- Twala, B., Cartwright, M. and Liebchen, G., 2006. Classifying incomplete software engineering data using decision trees: An improved probabilistic approach. Proceedings of the 10th IASTED International Conference on Software Engineering and Applications, SEA 2006, 245-252.
- Liebchen, G.A., Twala, B., Shepperd, M. and Cartwright, M., 2006. Assessing the Quality and Cleaning of a Software Project Data Set: An Experience Report. Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE) British Computer Society.
- Liebchen, G.A. and Shepperd, M., 2005. Software Productivity Analysis of a Large Data Set and Issues of Confidentiality and Data Quality. , 46 IEEE Computer Society.
- Liebchen, G.A. and Shepperd, M., 2005. Software productivity analysis of a large data set and issues of confidentiality and data quality. Proceedings - International Software Metrics Symposium, 2005, 3-5.
- Alzibali, Abdulmonem Hussain S. “Engineering Real-time Context-aware Transparency Requirements”
Profile of Teaching PG
- Systems Performance and Optimisation (CPD at BBC Academy)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Human Computer Interaction (Level C)
- Computer Systems (Level C)
- Business Context (Level C)
- Systems Environments (Level C)
- Computers and Networks (Level C)
- Business Planning (Level I)
- Software Programming (Level C)
- Applied Programming - Games and Music Technology (Level I)
- Object Oriented Programming - Electrical Engineering (Level I)
- Games Levels and Environments (Level I)
- Local Area Networks (Level I)
- Database Systems (Level C)
- Project Supervision (Level H)
- FoodSMART (proof of concept) (HEIF 5+1, 01 Aug 2015). Completed
- FoodSmart – Shaping Smarter Consumer Behaviour and Food Choice (EU/Horizon 2020 Rise, 01 Jan 2015). In Progress
- Using Program Slicing to Size Code Change (EPSRC, 31 Mar 2008). Completed
- Programme Leader for UG Computing Pathway Degrees, Department for Computing and Informatics. https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/bsc-hons-computing
- Programme Leader for Undergraduate Computing Pathway, Computing Teaching Management Committee
- Marketing and Admissions Tutor, Computing Teaching Management Committee
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Presentation of FoodSMART prototype
- Presentation of FoodSMART prototype
- PGCE in Post Compulsory Education and Training (University of Southampton, 2013)
- PhD in Software Engineering (Brunel University, 2010)
- ACM, Member, http://www.acm.org/