Dr Muntadher Sallal
- msallal at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Computer Science (Cyber Security)
- Poole House P416, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr. Muntadher Sallal is a lecturer in Cyber Security and researcher in Bournemouth University Cyber Security Research group (BUCSR).
Prior to joining Bournemouth University I have served as a Lecturer in Cyber Security in Nottingham Trent University/UK , Research Fellow in Surrey Centre for Cyber Security (SCCS) /UK, and prior to that working as a Part time Lecturer at School of Computing at the University of Portsmouth /UK.
My research background focuses on Distributed ledger technologies (DLT) in IoT and e-voting systems to preserve security, privacy, and trust. Recently, I have also started working on integrating DLTs with SDN aiming to overcome security and privacy limitations in SDN platforms.
My current research also includes blockchain with machine learning, integration of blockchain with several digital services, and security evaluation of different blockchain consensus protocols. I have developed my research with the goal of improving the effectiveness, efficiency, scalability, security, and safety of distributed ledger technologies... I have a strong research profile with multiple publications in prestigious and high impact conferences and journals.more
- Sallal, M., de Fréin, R., Malik, A. and Aziz, B., 2022. An empirical comparison of the security and performance characteristics of topology formation algorithms for Bitcoin networks. Array, 15.
- Sallal, M., Owenson, G., Salman, D. and Adda, M., 2022. Security and performance evaluation of master node protocol based reputation blockchain in the bitcoin network. Blockchain: Research and Applications, 3 (1).
- Sallal, M., Schneider, S., Casey, M., Dragan, C., Dupressoir, F., Riley, L., Treharne, H., Wadsworth, J. and Wright, P., 2020. VMV: Augmenting an Internet Voting System with Selene Verifiability. arXiv.org.
- Sabeur, Z., Bruno, A., Johnstone, L., Ferjani, M., Benaouda, D., Cetinkaya, D., Arbab-Zavar, B., Sallal, M. and Hardiman, B., 2022. Digital Twins for the Intelligent Detection of Malicious Activities in Urban Spaces. In: 13th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE 2022) 24-28 July 2022 New York, USA. Cognitive Computing and Internet of Things, vol. 67 published by AHFE Open Access.
- Sabeur, Z., Bruno, A., Johnstone, L., Ferjani, M., Benaouda, D., Arbab-Zavar, B., Cetinkaya, D. and Sallal, M., 2022. Cyber-Physical Behaviour Detection and Understanding using Artificial Intelligence. In: 13th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE 2022) 24-28 July 2022 New York, USA. Cognitive Computing and Internet of Things, vol. 67 published by AHFE Open Access.
- Bruno, A., Ferjani, M., Sabeur, Z., Arbab-Zavar, B., Cetinkaya, D., Johnstone, L., Sallal, M. and Benaouda, D., 2022. High-Level Feature Extraction for Crowd Behaviour Analysis: A Computer Vision Approach. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 13374 LNCS, 59-70.
- Sallal, M., Schneider, S., Casey, M., Dupressoir, F., Treharne, H., Dragan, C., Riley, L. and Wright, P., 2021. Augmenting an Internet Voting System with Selene Verifiability using Permissioned Distributed Ledger. In: 40th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, ICDCS 2020 29 November-1 December 2020 Singapore.
- Banno, S., Murad, H. and Sallal, M., 2020. Automated Cognitive Analyses for Intelligent Tutoring Systems. Proceedings - 2020 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies, BDCAT 2020, 171-178.
- Sallal, M., Owenson, G. and Adda, M., 2020. Security and Performance Evaluation of Master Node Protocol in the Bitcoin Peer-to-Peer Network. In: IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications 7-10 July 2020 Rennes, France.
- Sallal, M., Owenson, G. and Adda, M., 2020. Evaluation of Security and Performance of Master Node Protocol in the Bitcoin Peer-to-Peer Network. In: IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, ICBC 2020 2-6 May 2020 Toronto, ON, Canada.
- Sallal, M., Owenson, G. and Adda, M., 2017. Proximity Awareness Approach to Enhance Propagation Delay on the Bitcoin Peer-to-Peer Network. In: 37th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems 5-8 June 2017 Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Sallal, M., Owenson, G. and Add, M., 2017. Locality based approach to improve propagation delay on the Bitcoin peer-to-peer network. In: 2017 IFIP/IEEE Symposium on Integrated Network and Service Management (IM) 8-12 May 2017 Lisbon, Portugal.
- Sallal, M., Owenson, G. and Adda, M., 2016. A Bitcoin Model for Evaluation of Clustering to Improve Propagation Delay in Bitcoin Network. In: 19th CSE / 14th EUC / 15th DCABES 2016 24-26 January 2016 Paris/France.
- Sallal, M., Owenson, G. and Adda, M., 2016. Bitcoin Network Measurements for Simulation Validation and Parameterisation. In: 11th International Network Conference (pp. 109-114). 11-15 July 2016 Frankfort University.