Dr Nicholas Mavengere
- 01202 961435
- nmavengere at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer (Academic) in Computer Science
- Poole House P334a, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Nicholas is Lecturer (academic) in computer science – Business IT in the Faculty of Science & Technology, Bournemouth University. He completed his PhD in Information and Systems at Tampere University in Finland in 2013. His PhD received best PhD research award at a European conference and a university award. Before joining BU, Nicholas was a Post-doctoral researcher at Tampere University. Nicholas has organised several academic workshops and co-chaired conference. He has edited conference publications and reviewed in conferences, such as, ECIS, ICIS and AMCIS. He has published papers in fully refereed international conferences, journals and contributed book chapters.
Nicholas main research interests business and IT alignment, digitalization of public services, strategic agilty, e-learning and etc. Below is a list of research projects Nicholas has been involved in;
1. World IT project, http://worlditproject.com/ - Examine important issues for IT employees in many countries
2. OnCreate Strategic Partnership Project (European Union Project), https://on-create.eu/#/home - Strategic Alliance in Creative Processes in Online Collaboration 3. Concepts of Operations Programme (StrAgile-project) - Strategic agility in machine construction industry’s production network.
4. NetPLM (product lifecycle management) Project - Design and develop product lifecycle management and open innovation
- Mavengere, N. and Ruohonen, M., 2018. Context And User Needs In Virtual Learning In Pursuit Of Qualities of Learning. Journal of Education and Information Technologies, 23 (4), 1607-1620.
- Thayne, M., Stockleben, B., Jäminki, S., Haukijärvi, I., Mavengere, N., Demirbilek, M. and Ruohonen, M., 2016. OnCreate and the Virtual Teammate: An analysis of online creative processes and remote collaboration. Journal of Education and Information Technologies, 22 (2), 575-597.
- Mavengere, N., 2014. The Role of Information Systems in Promoting Strategic Agility in Supply Chains. Journal of Information Technology Cases & Applications Research, 15 (4), 13-33.
- Mavengere, N., 2014. Role of Information Systems for Strategic Agility in Supply Chain Setting: Telecommunication Industry Study. Electronic Journal of Information Systems Evaluation, 17 (1), 100-112.
- Mavengere, N., 2013. Information Technology Role in Supply Chain’s Strategic Agility. International Journal of Agile Systems and Management, 6 (1), 7-24.
- Islam, N., Mavengere, N., Ahlfors, U., Serenko, A., Ruohonen, M. and Palvia, P., 2018. A Stress-Strain-Outcome Model of Job Satisfaction: The Moderating Role of Professional Self-efficacy. In: 24th Americas Conference on Information Systems - AMCIS 2018 16-18 August 2018 New Orleans, LA, USA.
- The World Conference on Computers in Education (WCCE 2017), Enhancing Learning in a Virtual Environment: Qualities of Learning in Different Learning Modes, 03 Jul 2017, Dublin, Ireland
- CROSS – Change MEDIA conference, In Pursuit of Quality Learning: Context And User Needs in Virtual Learning, 19 Feb 2016, Germany
- A New Culture of Learning: Computing and next Generations - IFIP TC3 Working Conference, Gamification in business process management for a mobile context: Industry and Higher Education Viewpoint, 01 Jul 2015, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Academic Business World International Conference, The Role of Information Systems for Strategic Agility in Supply Chain: IT Distributor Case Study, 22 May 2013, Nashville, USA
- Open and Social Technologies for Networked Learning Conference, Organizational learning, agility and social technologies in contemporary workplaces,, 30 Jul 2012, Tallinn, Estonia
- 8th Annual Conference on Information Science, Technology and Management,, Strategic Sensitivity and the Role of Information Systems: Sensing in a Turbulent Environment., 09 Aug 2010, Tampere, Finland
- The European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM) 4th Workshop on Market Driven Supply Chains,, Response abilities: a strategic agility requirement for supply chains., 24 May 2010, Brussels, Belgium