Dr Nasiru Taura
- 01202 961799
- ntaura at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In Entrepreneurship
- Dorset House D232, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Nasiru Taura is a Lecturer in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Bournemouth University, Bournemouth United Kingdom. He is currently the unit leader for Entrepreneurial Mind Option (Msc Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship). Prior to joining Bournemouth University, Taura worked as an Associate Lecturer at Southampton Solent University UK, where he taught finance and aspects of entrepreneurial finance. Taura made a number of peer reviewed publications in Entrepreneurship & Regional Development: International Journal, Book Chapter, in addition, to several papers presented at leading entrepreneurship and innovation conferences around the word including: Denmark, Spain, France, Estonia, Portugal, and USA. Taura is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), UK. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (FRSA), UK.
- Taura, N. and Radicic, D., 2019. Intra-cluster Knowledge Exchange and Frequency of Product Innovation in a Digital Cluster. Journal of Small Business Management, 57 (S2), 350-373.
- Taura, N., 2014. Counteracting innovative constraints: insights from four case studies of African knowledge-intensive metalworking and automotive clusters – ‘the Akimacs’. Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, 26 (3-4), 313-336.
- Digital Entrepreneurship in Sub-Saharan Africa: Challenges, Opportunities and Prospects. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Taura, N., Bolat, E. and Madichie, N., 2019. Introduction to African Digital Entrepreneurship. In: Taura, N., Bolat, E. and Madichie, N., eds. Digital Entrepreneurship in Sub-Saharan Africa: Challenges, Opportunities, and Prospects.. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Taura, N., 2019. Renegotiating Legitimacy in the Digital Age: Insights from Nigeria. In: Taura, N., Ede, O.C. and Ogunniyi, O., eds. Digital Entrepreneurship in Sub-Saharan Africa: Challenges, Opportunities, and Prospects.. Editors: Taura N, Bolat E, Madichie N . 1. Palgrave Macmillan, 01 May 2019. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Madichie, O, N., Taura, N. and Bolat, E., 2019. What’s next for Digital Entrepreneurship in Sub Saharan. Digital Entrepreneurship in Sub-Saharan Africa: Challenges, Opportunities, and Prospects. Palgrave Macmillan.. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Taura, N.D., 2015. The innovative performance of African firms. In: Fayolle, A., Kyro, P. and Liñán, F., eds. Developing, shaping and growing entrepreneurship. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Taura, N.D., 2015. The innovative performance of firms in African clusters. Developing, Shaping and Growing Entrepreneurship. 275-313.
- Madichie, N.O., Taura, N. and Bolat, E., 2019. Accelerating Tech-enabled Entrepreneurship in Sub-Saharan Africa: A two-sector assessment. In: International Academy of African Business and Development Conference 2019 8-11 May 2019 Tanzania.
- Taura, N.D., 2013. Intelligent Entrepreneurship for Entrepreneurship Educators: Synthesis and Insights. In: Caetano, A., ed. European Summer University Conference 18-25 August 2013 Lisbon, Portugal.
- Taura, N.D. and Watkins, D., 2013. Exploring the Dynamics of Industrial Clusters: New Entrants vs. the Incumbents. In: Adler, P.S. and Shapiro, D.L., eds. Academy of Management 9-10 August 2013 Lake Buena Vista.
- Taura, N.D. and Watkins, D., 2013. New Perspectives on African Industrial Clusters; The Evolution of African Industrial Clusters. In: Adler, P.S. and Shapiro, D.L., eds. Academy of Management 9-10 August 2013 Lake Buena Vista.
- Taura, N.D. and Watkins, D., 2012. Furthering our Knowledge of Entrepreneurial Clusters: Review and Synthesis of the Evolution of African Industrial Cluster Studies. In: RENT 21-23 November 2012 EMLyon Business School France.
- Taura, N.D. and Watkins, D., 2010. Paradigm Development in Indigenous Entrepreneurship Research. In: European Summer University Conference 22-28 August 2010 Tartu University Estonia..
- Taura, N.D., 2014. The environment for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) in the context of the Solent Area local economic development policy.... Southampton Solent University (internal document).
- Bolat, E. and Taura, N., 2019. Digital technologies are transforming African businesses, but obstacles remain. The Conversation. Available from: https://theconversation.com/digital-technologies-are-transforming-african-businesses-but-obstacles-remain-120005.
- Failing Forward Virtual Simulation-Game (Prototype/Proof of Concept (Centre for Excellence and Learning (CEL) (2015), 01 Jan 2015). Completed
- Stimulating the Development of Regional Digital Cluster @ Dorset, United Kingdom” (Faculty of Management, 01 Jan 2015). Completed
- Role of Universities towards Local Economic Development (Southampton Solent University, 31 Oct 2013). Awarded
- Evidence Based Practice in Sports for Social Change (Southampton Solent University, 02 Mar 2011). Awarded
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Business Consultancy Pop-up store, BU Festival of Enterprise 2016
- Fellow Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (FRSA)