Dr Osikhuemhe Okwilagwe
- ookwilagwe at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr Osikhuemhe Okwilagwe is Lecturer in Strategy in the Department of Leadership, Strategy and Organisations. She worked in the public sector in Nigeria before joining academia. Osi’s research interests are closely aligned to public policy, public private partnerships and economic development in emerging and developing countries. Her research has been disseminated in book chapters and at various international conferences.
Osikhuemhe's current research focuses on collaboration processes in shaping and impacting upon Nigerian local regeneration partnerships. The research also investigates the explanations, reasoning and lessons learnt from the collaborative processes in Nigerian local regeneration partnerships.
- Okwilagwe, O., 2017. Towards Rethinking Public Private Partnership Implementation: Insights from the Nigerian Context. In: Leitão, J., Sarmento, S.M. and Aleluia, J., eds. The Emerald Handbook of Public-Private Partnerships in Developing and Emerging Economies: Perspectives on Public Policy, Entrepreneurship and Poverty.. Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Okwilagwe, O.O. and Apostolakis, C., 2016. Public Private Partnerships for Enhancing Organizational Capabilities in Nigeria. In: Kazeroony, H., Du Plesis, Y. and Pupampu, B., eds. Sustainable Management Development in Africa: Building Capabilities to Serve African Organizations. Routledge.
- Okwilagwe, 2017. Forces for partnership working or farce: accountability and transparency practices in Nigeria local regeneration partnerships. In: The 5th International Conference on Managing Organizations in Africa 29 August-1 September 2017 Mauritius.
- Apostolakis, C., 2017. Strategies for Collaborative Work Delivery: The Case of Local Regeneration Partnerships in Nigeria. In: British Academy of Management 6-8 September 2016 Newcastle University.
- Okwilagwe, O. and Apostolakis, C., 2017. Implementation of Partnership Work: Key considerations and implications from the Nigerian Local Regeneration. In: British Academy of Management (BAM) 6-8 September 2016 Newcastle University.
- Okwilagwe, 2016. Paving the Way for Quality Public Services Delivery in Nigeria. In: British Academy of Management 7-10 September 2015 Portsmouth, United Kingdom.
- Okwilagwe, O., Apostolakis, C. and Erdélyi, P., 2015. Necessity or Opportunity? Public Private Partnerships for Local Regeneration in Nigeria. In: European Academy of Management Conference 17 June-20 July 2015 Warsaw, Poland.
- Okwilagwe, O., Apostolakis, C. and Erdélyi, P., 2014. Facilitating Collaboration Processes in Partnership Working in Nigeria. In: British Academy of Management Conference 9-11 September 2014 Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Apostolakis, C. and Okwilagwe, O., 2014. Collaboration for Public Private Partnerships: In Support of an Entrepreneurial Ethos? 35-42.
Profile of Teaching PG
- "Business Relationships and Networks" - MSc International Management & MSc Marketing Management
- "Managing in Global Markets" - MSc International Management
Profile of Teaching UG
- Strategic Management - BA (Hons) International Management; BA (Hons) Business and Management; BA (Hons) Business Studies
- Understanding Organisations & HRM - BA (Hons) Business Studies
- Organisational Behaviour and HRM - BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- "Organisational Leadership" - BA (Hons) International Management; BA (Hons) Business and Management; BA (Hons) Business Studies
- MSc in Management (Robert Gordon University, 2010)
- MBA in Management (University of Brighton, 2012)
- Vice-Chancellor PhD Schloarship (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- British Academy of Management, Member (2013-),
- Chartered Management Institute, Member (2009-),
- European Academy of Management, Member (2013-),
- Institute of Directors, UK, Member (2016-),
- AFRICA RESEARCH GROUP http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/business/businesscentres/africarg/index.aspx
- Member of the Strategy, Management and Marketing in Africa, Special Interest Group of the European Academy of Management.
- Member of the Public Management and Governance, Special Interest Group of the British Academy of Management.
- Member of the Inter-Organisational Collaboration, Special Interest Group of the British Academy of Management.