Dr Osikhuemhe Okwilagwe
- 01202 968723
- ookwilagwe at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer in Strategy
- Executive Business Centre EB401, Bournemouth University, 89 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Osikhuemhe Okwilagwe is a Senior Lecturer in Strategy at the Bournemouth University Business School, Department of Marketing, Strategy and Innovation. She worked in veterinary services in Nigeria before joining Bournemouth University in 2016. Osikhuemhe is the Programme Leader of the MSc Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship Programme at Bournemouth University Business School and has been in this role for 7 years. She is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA) and a HEA Mentor and Assessor.
She is also a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI) and a Certified Management & Business Educator (CMBE). She teaches various courses that include Strategy, Business Management, Organisational Leadership, International Management and Entrepreneurship across undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Her practice on these units is driven by research-led and research-informed teaching.
Osikhuemhe is an emerging thought leader with research interests closely aligned to trust in partnership working, strategic management in the public sector, public private partnerships, economic regeneration in emerging and developing countries, public policy and higher education... Her current research focuses on collaboration processes shaping and impacting local regeneration partnerships. The research also investigates the explanations, reasoning and lessons learnt from the collaborative processes in local regeneration partnerships with the aim to inform government policy.
She is supervising a PhD student investigating the antecedents and outcomes of B2B firms social CRM capabilities in emergent markets. Her research work addresses the UNSDGs 4, 9, 11 and 17 which feeds into her teaching materials and artefacts. She serves as an External Examiner and supports the university with their delivery of high quality Business Management and Strategy curriculum.
Osikhuemhe has disseminated her research at various leading international conferences around the world, she is on the editorial boards of Cogent Business & Management journal and Frontiers in Sustainable Energy Policy (Policy and Environmental Impact) journal. She welcomes prospective PhD applicants interested in conducting research in the above areas.more
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
Sustainable cities and communities
"Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable"
Partnership for the Goals
"Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development"
- Okwilagwe, O., 2021. Deepening International Collaboration in a Post-Covid-19 Era for Youth and Education in Sub-Sahara Africa. European Studies Journal, 199-222.
- Okwilagwe, O.O., 2017. Towards Rethinking Public-Private Partnership Implementation: Insights from the Nigerian Context. The Emerald Handbook of Public-Private Partnerships in Developing and Emerging Economies: Perspectives on Public Policy, Entrepreneurship and Poverty. 465-488.
- Okwilagwe, O. and Apostolakis, C., 2016. Public-Private Partnerships for Enhancing Organizational Capabilities in Nigeria. In: Kazeroony, H., ed. Sustainable Management Development in Africa Building Capabilities to Serve African Organizations. New York: Routledge.
- Cicekli, I., Kooli, K., Akcay, E. and Okwilagwe, O., 2022. Investigating the Antecedents and Outcomes of B2B Firms’ Social CRM Capabilities in Emergent Markets. In: EMAC Regional Conference 2022 21-23 September 2022 Kaunas, Lithuania.
- Kooli, K., Cicekli, I., Akcay, E. and Okwilagwe, O., 2021. Investigating the Antecedents and Outcomes of B2B Firms’ Social CRM Capabilities in Emergent Markets. In: EMAC Regional Conference 2022 21-23 September 2022 21-23 September 2022 Kaunas, Lithuania..
- Okwilagwe, O., 2017. Forces for partnership working or farce: accountability and transparency practices in Nigeria local regeneration partnerships. In: The 5th International Conference on Managing Organizations in Africa 29 August-1 September 2017 Mauritius.
- Okwilagwe, O. and Apostolakis, C., 2017. Implementation of Partnership Work: Key considerations and implications from the Nigerian Local Regeneration. In: British Academy of Management (BAM) 6-8 September 2016 Newcastle University.
- Apostolakis, C., 2017. Strategies for Collaborative Work Delivery: The Case of Local Regeneration Partnerships in Nigeria. In: British Academy of Management 6-8 September 2016 Newcastle University.
- Okwilagwe, 2016. Paving the Way for Quality Public Services Delivery in Nigeria. In: British Academy of Management 7-10 September 2015 Portsmouth, United Kingdom.
- Okwilagwe, O., Apostolakis, C. and Erdélyi, P., 2015. Necessity or Opportunity? Public Private Partnerships for Local Regeneration in Nigeria. In: European Academy of Management Conference 17 June-20 July 2015 Warsaw, Poland.
- Okwilagwe, O., Apostolakis, C. and Erdélyi, P., 2014. Facilitating Collaboration Processes in Partnership Working in Nigeria. In: British Academy of Management Conference 9-11 September 2014 Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Apostolakis, C. and Okwilagwe, O., 2014. Collaboration for Public Private Partnerships: In Support of an Entrepreneurial Ethos? PROCEEDINGS OF THE 9TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP (ECIE 2014), 35-42.
- Ilke Cicekly. Investigating the Antecedents and Outcomes of B2B Firms Social CRM Capabilities in Emergent Markets., (In progress)
Profile of Teaching PG
- "Global Strategic Management" - MSc International Management
- "Supply Chains, Networks and Markets" - MSc International Management
- Project - Entrepreneurship in Practice or Innovation in Practice (Project lead and coordinator) - MSc Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
Profile of Teaching UG
- "Organisational Leadership" - BA (Hons) International Management; BA (Hons) Business and Management; BA (Hons) Business Studies
- "Organisational Behaviour and HRM" - BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- "Understanding Organisations and HRM" - BA (Hons) Business Studies
- "Strategic Management" - BA (Hons) International Management; BA (Hons) Business and Management; BA (Hons) Business Studies
- "Dissertation supervision" - BA (Hons) Business Studies
- Global Business Environemnt - BA (Hons) Business & Management; BSc (Hons) Marketing
Nigeria Local Regeneration Partnerships, Bournemouth University, 21 Nov 2017 more
'Nigeria Local Regeneration Partnerships: Collaboration Considerations'; Guest lecture as part of Strategic Management unit, for BA (Hons) International Management; BA (Hons) Business and Management; BA (Hons) Business Studies L6 students
- An Exploratory Study of the Role of Faith-Based Organisations in Mitigating Climate Change Crisis (BUBS QR Funding, 10 Jun 2022). Completed
- Global climate change actions by Faith-Based Organisations (Economic and Social Research Council, 06 Nov 2021). Completed
- Collaboration processes in partnership working: local regeneration in Nigeria (Bournemouth University Vice-Chancellor’s PhD Scholarship, 07 Jan 2013). Completed
- The University of Suffolk, UK, External Examiner (2023-)
- Frontiers in Sustainable Energy Policy, Review Editor (2022-)
- Cogent Business and Management, Associate Editor (2022-), https://www.tandfonline.com/journals/oabm20
- L’IPAG Business School, Paris, France, Visiting Lecturer (2020-2021)
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Reviewer for CMI Management Book of the Year (2018-2019), https://www.managers.org.uk/
- British Academy of Management (BAM), Reviewer (2014-), https://www.bam.ac.uk/
- European Academy of Management (EURAM), Reviewer (2014-), http://euramonline.org/
- Assessor and Mentor, TeachBU Panel
- Ethics Champion, Department of Marketing, Strategy and Innovation Ethics Committee
- Member, Faculty Research Degrees Committee
- Member, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Ethics Panel
- Programme Coordinator, MSc Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship, Department of Marketing, Strategy and Innovation
- Cogent Business and Management, Anonymous peer review, 07 Nov 2022
- Frontiers in Sustainable Energy Policy, Anonymous peer review, 12 Jun 2022
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Public Engagement - Chair of panel session on Entrenching North-South collaborations and Knowledge Co-production in African Universities: Who leads, Who follows? (25 Feb 2022)
- Public Engagement - Key speaker at the African Public Policy Network (APPN) Dialogue on 'Africa Preparedness in Handling Covid-19 and other Future Pandemics (03 Dec 2021)
- Outreach Activity - Open Day event (MSc Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship Programme), BUBS
- Outreach Activity - Open Day event (BA Business Studies), BUBS
- Part-Time Hourly Paid (PTHP) Line Manager Training, 13 Jun 2022
- Enhancing Practice & Developing the Self: The BU Certificate in Programme Leadership, 21 Sep 2018
- PhD in Strategy (Bournemouth University, 2017)
- MBA in Management (University of Brighton, 2012)
- MSc in Management (Robert Gordon University, 2010)
- You'Re Brilliant Award; student experience category (Student Union Bournemouth University, 2022)
- Service Excellence - Making a Difference Award (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- Nominated for Vice-Chancellor's Staff Awards (Responsibility Award Category) - as a member of The University Research Ethics Panel Team (Bournemouth University, 2018)
- You'Re Brilliant Award; student experience category (Student Union Bournemouth University, 2018)
- You'Re Brilliant Award; student experience category (Student Union Bournemouth University, 2017)
- You'Re Brilliant Award; student experience category (Student Union Bournemouth University, 2016)
- Vice Chancellor PhD Scholarship (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- AACSB UK & Ireland Network, Member (2022-),
- Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow (2020-),
- Institute of Directors, UK, Member (2016-),
- British Academy of Management, Member (2013-),
- European Academy of Management, Member (2013-),
- Chartered Management Institute, Member (2009-),
- Strategy and Entrepreneurship Research Theme (SERT), MSI Department, Bournemouth University Business School
- Marketing, Strategy and Innovation Research Forum, MSI Department, Bournemouth University Business School
- Women's Academic Network at BU
- Africa Research Group http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/business/businesscentres/africarg/index.aspx
- Strategy, Management and Marketing in Africa, Special Interest Group of the European Academy of Management
- Public Management and Governance, Special Interest Group of the British Academy of Management
- Inter-Organisational Collaboration, Special Interest Group of the British Academy of Management