Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Ediz Akcay is a Lecturer in Digital Marketing at the Faculty of Management. He has an MSc in International Business Management from Bournemouth University and BA in Economics from Bogazici University, Turkey. He is working on his PhD research about brand alliances and value co-creation at Bournemouth University.
Ediz Akcay has more than 10 years of professional experience working in marketing-related roles and received several international awards for the projects he contributed.
He is currently teaching the following units: Digital Interactive Marketing (UG), Digital Marketing Communications (UG), Digital Marketing and Communications (Online, UG), Digital Marketing (UG and PG)
- Akcay, E., Kooli, K. and Rasheed Gaber, H., 2020. Does Perceived Social Responsibility Affect Consumer Attitudes towards Global Brands. Journal of Customer Behaviour.
- Ndasi, W. and Akcay, E.E., 2020. Understanding authenticity in digital cause-related advertising: Does cause involvement moderate intention to purchase? Westminster Papers in Communication and Culture, 15 (2), 103-122.
- Wilson, N. and Akcay, E., 2019. Investigating the Impact of Cause Involvement on Authenticity in Digital Cause-related Marketing. In: The 4th Edition of the LIGUE International Conference 6-7 December 2019 Tunis, Tunisia.
- Akcay, E., Kooli, K. and Bolat, E., 2019. Identifying Hidden Agreements in Value Co-Creation Process in marketing Alliances. In: Academy of Marketing 2-6 July 2019 London, UK.
- Akcay, E.E., Kooli, K. and Bolat, E., 2018. Ethics and implicit agreements during the value co-creation process in cross-category brand alliances. In: 3rd International Conference of LIGUE with theme 'Sustainability goals implementation in the era of digitalisation in North Africa' 3-4 December 2018 Tunis, Tunisia.
- Kooli, K., Akcay, E.E. and Bolat, E., 2017. Conceptualising Cross-Category Brand in Emerging Country Context: Merging Associative Network Memory Model and Resource Based View. In: 2017 Annual Conference of Emerging Markets Conference 5-7 January 2017 Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, Noida campus, India.
- Akcay, E., Kooli, K. and Bolat, E., 2016. A Conceptual Framework for Cross-Category Brand Alliance Performance – Cases From an Emerging Country. In: 7th EMAC REGIONAL CONFERENCE Where the East kisses the West: Marketing Convergence and Divergence in the New Europe 14-16 September 2016 Sarajevo.
- Ilke Cicekli
Profile of Teaching PG
- Digital Marketing
Profile of Teaching UG
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- CIM Foundation Certificate: Customer Communications
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing Communications
- Digital Marketing and Communications
- Digital (Interactive) Marketing
- Principles of Marketing
- Positivity effect (Hearst Media UK, 01 Nov 2020). In Progress
- Transnational Marketing Journal, QMR, Ad hoc reviewer
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- The Dark Side of Personalisation: AI, Voice Recognition and Beyond, Online presentation and discussion on GTBLondon Day (July 2020)
- The Dark Side of Personalisation: AI, Voice Recognition and Beyond, Café Scientifique Bournemouth (March 2020) A public talk and discussion about the ethics of the many new ways that companies listen to, track and store information about us using voice recognition and AI.
- PGCE in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2020)
- MSc in International Business Management (Bournemouth University, 2012)
- BA (Hons) in Economics (Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2006)
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing, Member (2019-), https://www.cim.co.uk/
External Media and Press
- The Fan who didn't Sell Ferrari, Campaign Turkey, 28 Feb 2018. https://www.campaigntr.com/ferrarisini-satmayan-taraftar/
- Technology and Loyalty: Dystopia or Utopia?, Campaign Turkey, 01 Jan 2018. https://www.campaigntr.com/teknoloji-sadakat-distopya-mi-utopya-mi/
- Simple, Ridiculous but Fun!, Digital Age Turkey, 01 Apr 2017. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/basit-sa%C3%A7ma-ama-e%C4%9Flenceli-ediz-edip-akcay/