Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Ediz Edip Akçay is a Senior Lecturer in Digital Marketing at the Business School in Bournemouth University, UK. He received his PhD degree in brand alliances and value co-creation from Bournemouth University, MSc in International Business Management from Bournemouth University and BA in Economics from Boğaziçi University, Turkey. He has publications related to digital advertising, cause-related marketing and branding.
Dr Ediz Edip Akçay has more than 10 years of professional experience working in marketing-related roles in Turkey and the UK, and received several international awards for the projects he led.
He is currently teaching and leading the following units: Digital Marketing Fundamentals (UG), Digital Marketing and Communications (UG), and Digital Marketing (UG).
He welcomes prospective PhD applicants interested in conducting research in the areas related to digital marketing, digital technologies and branding.
- Akcay, E., Kooli, K. and Rasheed Gaber, H., 2020. Does Perceived Social Responsibility Affect Consumer Attitudes towards Global Brands. Journal of Customer Behaviour.
- Ndasi, W. and Akcay, E., 2020. Understanding Authenticity in Digital Cause-Related Advertising: Does Cause Involvement Moderate Intention to Purchase? Westminster Papers in Communication and Culture.
- Bancroft, A. et al., 2022. Fusion Learning Colloquium 2022 - Proceedings. Poole, UK: Bournemouth University.
- Akcay, E., 2022. City resilience and increase communities’ preparedness for natural disasters. In: Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) Annual International Conference 2022 30 August-2 September 2022 Newcastle University, UK / Virtual Hybrid.
- Kooli, K. and Akcay, E., 2022. Achieving the UN SDGs Through Knowledge Exchange: An Example from the Business School’s Students, Educators and Partners. In: Fusion Learning Colloquium 2022 30 June 2022 Bournemouth University. Fusion Learning Colloquium 2022 Proceedings.
- Akcay, E., 2022. Value Co-Creation of Small and Medium Sized Businesses through Brand Alliances. In: ISBE ECR / Academic Spring Symposium 28 April 2022 Business School South, Jubilee Campus University of Nottingham.
- Akcay, E., 2021. City resilience: An investigation and discussion framework from experiences from Istanbul. In: RGS-IBG Annual International Conference 31 August-3 September 2021 London, Online.
- Wilson, N. and Akcay, E., 2019. Investigating the Impact of Cause Involvement on Authenticity in Digital Cause-related Marketing. In: The 4th Edition of the LIGUE International Conference 6-7 December 2019 Tunis, Tunisia.
- Akcay, E., Kooli, K. and Bolat, E., 2019. Identifying Hidden Agreements in Value Co-Creation Process in marketing Alliances. In: Academy of Marketing 2-6 July 2019 London, UK.
- Akcay, E.E., Kooli, K. and Bolat, E., 2018. Ethics and implicit agreements during the value co-creation process in cross-category brand alliances. In: 3rd International Conference of LIGUE with theme 'Sustainability goals implementation in the era of digitalisation in North Africa' 3-4 December 2018 Tunis, Tunisia.
- Kooli, K., Akcay, E.E. and Bolat, E., 2017. Conceptualising Cross-Category Brand in Emerging Country Context: Merging Associative Network Memory Model and Resource Based View. In: 2017 Annual Conference of Emerging Markets Conference 5-7 January 2017 Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, Noida campus, India.
- Akcay, E., Kooli, K. and Bolat, E., 2016. A Conceptual Framework for Cross-Category Brand Alliance Performance – Cases From an Emerging Country. In: 7th EMAC REGIONAL CONFERENCE Where the East kisses the West: Marketing Convergence and Divergence in the New Europe 14-16 September 2016 Sarajevo.
- Ilke Cicekli
- Sitsada Sartamorn, (In progress)
Profile of Teaching PG
- Digital Marketing
Profile of Teaching UG
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- CIM Foundation Certificate: Customer Communications
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing Communications
- Digital Marketing and Communications
- Digital (Interactive) Marketing
- Principles of Marketing
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals
- Research Methods
- Positivity effect (Hearst Media UK, 01 Nov 2020). Completed
- Transnational Marketing Journal, Editorial Review Board (2019-), https://journals.tplondon.com/tmj/about/editorialTeam
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- How can cities cope with climate change? Café Scientifique Bournemouth (September 2022) A public talk and discussion about the impact of climate change on cities and the factors to improve city resilience based on experiences from Turkey and Japan.
- The Dark Side of Personalisation: AI, Voice Recognition and Beyond, Online presentation and discussion on GTBLondon Day (July 2020)
- The Dark Side of Personalisation: AI, Voice Recognition and Beyond, Café Scientifique Bournemouth (March 2020) A public talk and discussion about the ethics of the many new ways that companies listen to, track and store information about us using voice recognition and AI.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy in HEA in Teaching in Higher Education (Advance HE, 2020)
- PGCE in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2020)
- MSc in International Business Management (Bournemouth University, 2012)
- BA (Hons) in Economics (Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2006)
Social Media Links
External Media and Press
- The Fan who didn't Sell Ferrari, Campaign Turkey, 28 Feb 2018. https://www.campaigntr.com/ferrarisini-satmayan-taraftar/
- Technology and Loyalty: Dystopia or Utopia?, Campaign Turkey, 01 Jan 2018. https://www.campaigntr.com/teknoloji-sadakat-distopya-mi-utopya-mi/
- Simple, Ridiculous but Fun!, Digital Age Turkey, 01 Apr 2017. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/basit-sa%C3%A7ma-ama-e%C4%9Flenceli-ediz-edip-akcay/