- 01202 961433
- rwade at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Design
- Poole House P118, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
My interests are computer aided Design (CAD), 3D printing technologies and information technology. I joined Bournemouth University in 2003 and immediately became involved in maintaining and improving the departments I.T needs and requirements for both software and hardware, a role I still maintain. 3D printing was introduced to the university in 2005 for research and enterprise purposes and is an area I am passionate in promoting. I have developed educational materials combining 3d modelling and 3D printing for undergraduates. I have been involved in consulting a defence company on its use of CAD with other Bournemouth University Staff members.
I am a qualified CCNA Instructor for all four of the Cisco CCNA Exploration Courses. This course is optional to undergraduates and postgraduates on the computing framework. Further I have been involved in educating Masters level students in computer networking.
I am in the process of creating a PhD proposal in the area of 3D printing.
- Garland, N., Wade, R., Glithro, R. and Palmer-Smith, S., 2019. Model Based Definition: Finally, the Engineering Drawing Killer? In: INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ENGINEERING AND PRODUCT DESIGN EDUCATION 12-13 September 2019 University of Strathclyde. Glasgow: Design Society.
- Garland, N., Glithro, R. and Wade, R., 2017. The Challenges Facing Education in Engineering Drawing Practice. In: Berg, A., Bohemia, A., Buck, L., Gulden, T., Kovacevic, A. and Pavel, N., eds. The 19th International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education 7-8 September 2017 Oslo. The Design Society & Institution of Engineering Designers.
- Newell, D., Davies, P., Wade, R., De Caux, P. and Shama, M., 2017. Comparison of theoretical and practical performances with 802.11N and 802.11Ac wireless networking. 710-715.
- Wade, R., Garland, N. and Underwood, G., 2017. Challenges of 3D printing for home users. 478-482.
- Yearp, A., Newell, D., Davies, P., Wade, R. and Sahandi, R., 2016. Wireless remote patient monitoring system: Effects of interference. 367-370.
- Wade, R., Yearp, A., Newell, D. and Davies, P., 2016. Wireless Remote Patient Monitoring System:Effects of Interference. In: 10th Anniversary of CISIS and IMIS International Conferences 6-8 July 2016 Fukuoka, Japan.
- Mathias, M.J., Velay, X. and Wade, R., 2008. The Challenges of Assessing Digital Product Design. In: 10th International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education (EPDE08) 4-5 September 2008 Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Design Media
- Visualisation Tools -Unit Leader
- Academic Leader, Peer Assisted Learning
- Panel Member, Quality Assurance Committee
- Liasion With I.T. Department, Information Technology Liason
- 10th CISIS and IMIS International Conference, Wireless Remote Patient Monitoring System:Effects of Interference, 06 Jul 2016, Fukuoka , Japan
- MSc in Computer Aided Product Development (Bournemouth University, 2007)
- BSc (Hons) in computing (Bournemouth University, 2003)
- Institute of Engineering and Technology, Associate (2015-),
- The institution of Engineering Designers, Associate (2015-),