- 01202 961307
- swaight at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Bournemouth House B243, 19 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LH
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
RGN MA BSc (Hons) Nursing PGCertEd
Sharon has a substantial career working in the NHS in acute and community services. Has held positions in senior nurse leadership, operational management, service development and quality improvement. Has a clinical career in acute care adult nursing. Sharon’s most recent NHS position has been as Associate Director of Nursing in a large community and acute mental health NHS Foundation Trust.
Sharon has led multi professional teams implementing service improvement initiatives organizational wide, including implementation of quality improvement and patient safety initiatives, systems and processes for clinical governance and risk management. Has managed complex organisation wide services including Clinical Governance, Risk Management, Infection control, Safeguarding Adults and Children and has successfully led teams through difficult periods of organisational change.
Passionate about the delivery of high quality and safe health care, Sharon is committed to nurse leadership development at clinical and strategic level and has supported a number of clinical and strategic leadership programs in positively impacting on safe and compassionate patient care and service delivery...
Led, developed and implemented a number of trust wide governance and quality assurance processes to deliver positively on quality and safety with a concise focus on the patient and their best interests. Including introducing the Early Warning Trigger Tool across community services to identify potential failings in clinical care and ward to board reporting on key quality indicators.
Sharon has successfully completed a joint project in Social Services and Health developing a large scale project to improve multi agency working supporting older people in communities. Has worked nationally reviewing older peoples services in England working as project officer with the Commission For Health Improvement and Commission for Social Care Instititute.more
- White, S., Stainer, L., Cooper, K. and Waight, S., 2018. The personal tutor as a role model for students: Humanising nursing care. British Journal of Nursing, 27 (1), 52-55.
- Graham, I.W., Waight, S. and Scammell, J., 1998. Using structured reflection to improve nursing practice. Nursing Times, 94, 56-59.
- Waight, S., 2024. What Enables Nurses to be Compassionate? In: Sigma Global Nursing Society Phi Mu England Chapter Annual conference 19 July 2019 Oxford Brookes University England.
- Stainer, L., Cooper, K., White, S. and Waight, S., 2018. Academic Advisor (personal tutor) role modelling a humanising approach: how & why? In: Humanising Care Conference 21-22 June 2018 Bournemouth University.
- Stainer, L., Waight, S., White, S. and Cooper, K., 2018. The role of the personal tutor in Student Nurses personal and professional development in becoming a caring and compassionate nurse. In: Sigma 4th European Region Conference 5 June 2018 Anglia Ruskin University Cambridge.
- White, S., stainer, L., Cooper, K. and Waight, S., 2018. Academic Advising For Success: The Role of the Academic Adviser on a pre-registration nursing programme. In: UK Advising and Tutorial conference 2017 5-6 April 2017 Leeds Trinity University.
- Waight, S., 2016. Teaching Humanising Nursing Care on a first year Pre Registration Nursing Programme in England. In: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor society of Nursing, Leadership in Nursing, Scholarship, Practice. How to impact nursing as a caring profession globally 6-8 June 2016 Synposium Presentation.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Exploring Adult Nursing
- Humanising Nursing Care
- Professional Role
- Personal and Professional Development
- Managing Complex Healthcare Conditions
- Health and Well Being
- Sigma Phi Mu All England chapter, Secretary (2016-), http://phimu.nursingsociety.org/home
- Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Governor (2015-)
- Unit Leader, Provide Unit Leadership for Exploring Adult Nursing. A first year nursing undergraduate unit, the dimensions of nursing practice, humanising nursing.
- Sigma Phi Mu Nursing A Profession without borders, What enables nurses to be compassionate in their practice, 19 Jul 2019, Oxford Brookes University England
- Sigma Theta Tau International Conference - Leadership in Nursing Scholarship. Influencing Nursing Globally, Teaching Humanising Nursing Care on a First Year Pre Registration Nursing Programme in England, 06 Jun 2016, Presentation at synposium
- PGCE in Post Graduate Certificate Education (Bournemouth University, 2015)
- Higher Education Authority, Fellow (2015-),
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Member (2013-),
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Member (1980-),