Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I have extensive clinical and academic experience since graduation. 13 years' variety of surgical settings, 3 years as Lecturer Practitioner and 13 years as a Senior Lecturer. Areas of interest focus upon the learners and staff experiences both within the University and practice setting, and in particular: - Team-Based Learning - personal tutor - assessment in practice - supporting learners with specific learning differences - student experiences in placement and the NMC standards (2018) - how failure can help students succeed - vulnerability within nursing.
- Humphries, B., Keeley, S., Stainer, L. and Watson, A., 2020. An alternative placement model for nursing students: Discovering new horizons. British Journal of Health Care Management, 26 (5), 138-143.
- Donaldson, I., Stainer, L. and Cooper, K., 2020. Introducing an online portfolio for practice placement assessments. Nursing Times, 116 (2), 53-56.
- White, S., Stainer, L., Cooper, K. and Waight, S., 2018. The personal tutor as a role model for students: Humanising nursing care. British Journal of Nursing, 27 (1), 52-55.
- White, S., Phillips, J. and Stainer, L., 2013. Retaining Non Standard Students in Health and Social Care. In: Clark, R., Andrews, J., Thomas, L. and Aggarwal, R., eds. Compendium of effective practice in higher education: Volume 2. Aston University, Birmingham, and the Higher Education Academy, York,, 105-108.
- Stainer, L., Tait, D., Watson, A. and Bockle, E., 2021. How the creation of a Virtual Locality Placement enabled student nurses to achieve practice hours during the pandemic. In: Fusion Learning Conference: Innovation and Excellence in the pandemic 28 June-2 July 2021 Bournemouth University.
- Bockle, E., Watson, A., Tait, D. and Stainer, L., 2021. A Virtual Placement - An innovative initiative during a global pandemic. In: RCN Education Forum National Conference and Exhibition 21-22 April 2021 Online.
- Ribchester, H., Bewes, R., Hind, M., Stainer, L. and Holley, D., 2021. We belong together: Reflections on a Virtual Introduction to Professional Learning. In: Celebrating and Disseminating Good Practice across Health Care Professions 5 May 2021 A HEE South West Virtual Event.
- Stainer, L., Tait, D., Watson, A. and Bockle, E., 2021. The creation of a Virtual Locality Placement that enabled student nurses to achieve practice hours during the pandemic. In: Celebrating and Disseminating Good Practice across Health Care Professions 5 May 2021 A HEE South West Virtual Event: Clinical Placement Expansion and Capacity theme.
- Donaldson, I., Stainer, L. and Cooper, K., 2021. Introducing an online portfolio for practice placement assessment for nurses. In: RCSI Faculty for Nursing and Midwifery’s 40th Annual International Nursing and Midwifery Research and Education Conference, entitled Meeting the Needs of Modern Healthcare. 23 February-3 March 2021 Dublin.
- Stainer, L., Cooper, K., White, S. and Waight, S., 2018. Academic Advisor (personal tutor) role modelling a humanising approach: how & why? In: Humanising Care Conference 21-22 June 2018 Bournemouth University.
- Stainer, L. and Branney, J., 2018. Collaborative Team-Based Learning: preliminary findings. In: Active Learning 4-5 June 2018 Brighton University.
- Stainer, L., Waight, S., White, S. and Cooper, K., 2018. The role of the personal tutor in Student Nurses personal and professional development in becoming a caring and compassionate nurse. In: Sigma 4th European Region Conference 5 June 2018 Anglia Ruskin University Cambridge.
- White, S., stainer, L., Cooper, K. and Waight, S., 2018. Academic Advising For Success: The Role of the Academic Adviser on a pre-registration nursing programme. In: UK Advising and Tutorial conference 2017 5-6 April 2017 Leeds Trinity University.
- Scammell, J., Donaldson, I., White, S., Tait, D., Ryden, J., Brown, P. and Stainer, L., 2017. Role of class size on student learning and staff satisfaction: a mixed method study. In: NET2017: Networking for Education in Healthcare 5-6 September 2017 Churchill College, Cambridge.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Practice Lead for the Year 2 Nursing Fields
Team based Learning with practice partners, Lansdowne Campus, 21 Mar 2018 more
Our aim was to identify whether Team Based Learning (TBL) can narrow the theory-practice gap and tangibly bring nursing practice into the university classroom. Team-based Learning (TBL) is also a teaching/learning method considered to be an improvement on traditional methods in improving knowledge retention and developing critical thinking skills. The collaborative TBL seminar (flipped classroom) was delivered to around 250 students nursing in 2 sessions with shared delivery between an academics and practising healthcare professional. Qualitative feedback indicates that students enjoyed and benefited from using TBL whilst staff feedback identified how they will be using TBL in their future practice.
- Celebrating and Disseminating Good practice across Health Professions, How the creation of a Virtual Locality Placement enabled student nurses to achieve practice hours during the pandemic, 05 May 2021, Virtual
- RCN Education Forum Virtual Conference and Exhibition 2021. Stepping up: educating the nursing workforce in challenging times, A virtual placement: An innovative initiative during a global pandemic, 20 Apr 2021, Virtual
- MA in Higher Professional Studies (Oxford Brookes University, 2004)
- Postgraduate Diplma in Education (Oxford Brookes University, 2001)
- PGCE in Education (Oxford Brookes University, 1999)
- The Further & Adult Education Teachers Certificate in Teaching (Oxford College of Further Education, 1997)
- BA (Hons) in Psychology and Philosophy (Staffordshire University, 1995)
- Registered General Nurse in Nursing (Oxford School of Nursing, 1991)
- Nursing & Midwifery Council, Registered Nurse - Adult; Teacher (1991-),
- Royal College of Nursing, Member,