Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Yumei Yang is a senior lecturer in Human Resource Management and Organizational Behaviour at the Faculty of Management at Bournemouth University. She is also the programme framework lead for Management courses at L7.
Her current research interests are organizational routines and organizational learning. Particularly, she is interested in evaluating how organizational defensive routines affect organizational life, such as organizational performance, organizational learning and knowledge management. During her PhD, she developed a scale to measure organizational defensive routines. Her current study is to explore whether these kind of routines are more prevalent in Chinese culture than they are in the UK. Recently, she has been working with colleagues from healthcare sectors to understand how defensive routines could have impact on professional misconduct.
She also co-investigate other various research areas in HRM and OB such as big data, knowledge oriented leadership and work-life balance...
She welcomes anyone who is looking for doing PhD in the above listed areas to contact with her.more
- Shamim, S., Yang, Y., Zia, N.U. and Shah, M.H., 2021. Big data management capabilities in the hospitality sector: Service innovation and customer generated online quality ratings. Computers in Human Behavior, 121.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2021. Organizational Structure and Organizational Learning: The Moderating Role of Organizational Defensive Routines. Journal of General Management.
- Yang, Y. and Islam, D.M.T., 2020. Work-life Balance and Organizational Commitment: a Study of Field Level Administration in Bangladesh. International Journal of Public Administration.
- Takeda, S., Disegna, M. and Yang, Y., 2019. Changes in Chinese work values: A comparison between the one-child, social reform and cultural revolution generations. Evidence-based HRM, 7 (1), 24-41.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2019. Triggers and damages of organizational defensive routines. problemy zarządzania - management issues, 16 (6), 85-103.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2018. Are organisational defensive routines harmful to the relationship between personality and organisational learning? Journal of Business Research, 85, 155-164.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2019. Investigating Organizational Defensive Routines and Organizational Learning. In: British Academy of Management 9-11 September 2014 Belfast.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2019. Investigating the Impact of Organisational Defensive Routines on Organisational Learning: An Empirical Study. In: Academy of Management 14-20 August 2016 Anaheim.
- Yang, Y., 2019. Work-life balance: a study of field level administration in Bangladesh. In: European Academy of Management 18 June-21 March 2018 Iceland.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2019. " Developing a Measurement Scale for Organizational Defensive routines". In: Academy of Management 6-10 August 2017 Atlanta.
- Yang, Y. and Shamim, S., 2018. Can supervisory orientations mitigate or intensify organizational defensive routines, through employee goal orientation? In: Human Resource Management workshop 28-30 May 2018 Paris.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2018. Developing a Measurement Scale for Organizational Defensive Routines. In: Management (2015): “Developing a Measurement Scale for 17 June-24 July 2015 Warsaw, Poland.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2018. Developing a measurement scale for organisational defensive routines- Initial stage. In: Human Resource Management workshop 18-21 May 2015 Paris.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2018. Organisational Defensive Routines and Personality Traits: An Empirical Study. In: European Academy of Management 19-24 June 2016 Paris.
- Trang Vu, 2020. Academic Responses to Managerialism: The Exploration by Academic Identity Process
- Thi Thu Trang Vu. Academics’ responses to managerialism: An exploration by academic identity process
Profile of Teaching PG
- Managing People
- International Human Resource Management
- Knowledge Management
Profile of Teaching UG
- Business Management
- Internaitonal Journal of Organization Theory & Behavior, Editorial Advisory (2020-), https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/ijotb#editorial-team
- International Journal of Organization Theory & Behavior, Editorial Advisory Board (2020-)
- National Colleage of Business Administration and Economics, PhD external Examinor (2020-)
- Review of managerial Science, Guest Editor (2020-), https://www.springer.com/journal/11846/updates/18465702?fbclid=IwAR0BrHgI3cW0Tv-eDc67ksoBpqEViAczf2k0wtJZn46WjBssAlP9bsjeMH8
- European Academy of Management Annual conference, Track organizer (2016-), http://www.euram-online.org/
- Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 17 Dec 2020
- Information Technology and People, 12 Oct 2020
- Big Data, 28 Mar 2020
- International Journal of Organization Theory and Behavior, 01 Mar 2020
- International Journal of Organization Theory and Behavior, Anonymous peer review, 12 Jan 2020
- PLoS One, 08 Jan 2020
- Tourism Review, 01 Jan 2020
- Tourism Review, 01 Sep 2019
- Competition and change, Anonymous peer review, 17 Oct 2017
- Critical Quarterly, 01 Jun 2017
- Empirical-based HRM: A Global Forum for Empirical Scholarship, Anonymous peer review, 10 Feb 2017
- Evidence-Based HRM: a global forum for empirical scholarship, 04 Dec 2016
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Guest speaker for a staff seminar in Lancaster University
- European Group for Organisational Studies, Exploring the role of digital technology in routine dynamics, 08 Jul 2021, Amsterdam (online)
- EGOS, Exploring the role of digital technology in routine dynamics, 08 Jul 2021, Vienna
- EURAM Annual Conference, Interorganizational social capital of firms in developing economies and Industry 4.0 readiness: the role of innovative capacity and absorptive capacity, 16 Jun 2021, Montreal (online)
- EURAM 2020, Organizational Defensive, Supervisory Orientation and Employee Learning Orientation, 04 Dec 2020, Irland
- Academy of Management Annual conference, Developing a scale measuring organizational defensive routines: camouflage in organizations, 03 Aug 2017, Atlanta
- Academy of Management, Investigating the Impact of Organisational Defensive Routines on Organisational Learning: An Empirical Study, 04 Aug 2016, Anaheim
- European Academy of Management, Organisational Defensive Routines and Personality Traits: An Empirical Study, 01 Jun 2016, Paris
- European Academy of Management, Developing a Measurement Scale for Organizational Defensive Routines: Exploring the components of organizational defensive routines, 10 Jun 2015, Warsaw
- British Academy of Management Workshop at Université Paris-Dauphine, A Scale Development for Organisational Defensive Routines, 10 May 2015, Paris
- British Academy of Management, Investigating Organizational Defensive Routines and Organizational Learning, 06 Sep 2014, Belfast
- Doctoral Supervision workshop, 11 Oct 2017
- PGCE in Education (Bournemouth University, 2017)
- PhD in Organizational Defensive Routines (Bournemouth Unviersity, 2017)
- MSc in MSc International Business Management (Bournemouth University, 2011)
- BA (Hons) in English Literature (Beijing International Studies Institution, 2010)
- Full scholarship for PhD (Bournemouth University, 2012)
- Prestige Scholarship for MSc Internaitonal Business Management (Bournemouth University, 2010)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), Associate (2017-), https://www.cipd.co.uk/
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2017-), https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/individuals/fellowship/fellow
- Charted Management Institute, Associate (2016-), http://www.managers.org.uk/