Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Yumei Yang is a lecturer in Human Resource Management and Organizational Behaviour at the Faculty of Management at Bournemouth University. Her current research interests are organizational routines and organizational learning. Particularly, she is interested in evaluating how organizational defensive routines affect organizational life, such as organizational performance, organizational learning and job satisfaction. During her PhD, she developed a scale to measure organizational defensive routines. Her current study is to explore whether these kind of routines are more prevalent in Chinese culture than they are in the UK.
- Takeda, S., Disegna, M. and Yang, Y., 2019. Changes in Chinese work values: A comparison between the one-child, social reform and cultural revolution generations. Evidence-based HRM, 7 (1), 24-41.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2018. Triggers and damages of organizational defensive routines. Management Issues, 2018 (4).
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2018. Are organisational defensive routines harmful to the relationship between personality and organisational learning? Journal of Business Research, 85, 155-164.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2019. Investigating Organizational Defensive Routines and Organizational Learning. In: British Academy of Management 9-11 September 2014 Belfast.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2019. Investigating the Impact of Organisational Defensive Routines on Organisational Learning: An Empirical Study. In: Academy of Management 14-20 August 2016 Anaheim.
- Yang, Y., 2019. Work-life balance: a study of field level administration in Bangladesh. In: European Academy of Management 18 June-21 March 2018 Iceland.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2019. " Developing a Measurement Scale for Organizational Defensive routines". In: Academy of Management 6-10 August 2017 Atlanta.
- Yang, Y. and Shamim, S., 2018. Can supervisory orientations mitigate or intensify organizational defensive routines, through employee goal orientation? In: Human Resource Management workshop 28-30 May 2018 Paris.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2018. Developing a Measurement Scale for Organizational Defensive Routines. In: Management (2015): “Developing a Measurement Scale for 17 June-24 July 2015 Warsaw, Poland.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2018. Developing a measurement scale for organisational defensive routines- Initial stage. In: Human Resource Management workshop 18-21 May 2015 Paris.
- Yang, Y., Secchi, D. and Homberg, F., 2018. Organisational Defensive Routines and Personality Traits: An Empirical Study. In: European Academy of Management 19-24 June 2016 Paris.
- Thi Thu Trang Vu. Academics’ responses to managerialism: An exploration by academic identity process
Profile of Teaching PG
- Managing People
- International Human Resource Management
- Knowledge Management
Profile of Teaching UG
- Business Management
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Guest speaker for a staff seminar in Lancaster University
- Academy of Management Annual conference, Developing a scale measuring organizational defensive routines: camouflage in organizations, 03 Aug 2017, Atlanta
- Academy of Management, Investigating the Impact of Organisational Defensive Routines on Organisational Learning: An Empirical Study, 04 Aug 2016, Anaheim
- European Academy of Management, Organisational Defensive Routines and Personality Traits: An Empirical Study, 01 Jun 2016, Paris
- European Academy of Management, Developing a Measurement Scale for Organizational Defensive Routines: Exploring the components of organizational defensive routines, 10 Jun 2015, Warsaw
- British Academy of Management Workshop at Université Paris-Dauphine, A Scale Development for Organisational Defensive Routines, 10 May 2015, Paris
- British Academy of Management, Investigating Organizational Defensive Routines and Organizational Learning, 06 Sep 2014, Belfast
- Doctoral Supervision workshop, 11 Oct 2017
- PhD in Organizational Defensive Routines (Bournemouth Unviersity, 2017)
- PGCE in Education (Bournemouth University, 2017)
- MSc in MSc International Business Management (Bournemouth University, 2011)
- BA (Hons) in English Literature (Beijing International Studies Institution, 2010)
- Full scholarship for PhD (Bournemouth University, 2012)
- Prestige Scholarship for MSc Internaitonal Business Management (Bournemouth University, 2010)
- Charted Management Institute, Associate (2016-), http://www.managers.org.uk/
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), Associate (2017-), https://www.cipd.co.uk/
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2017-), https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/individuals/fellowship/fellow