Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Jose is a Lecturer in Games Technology and joined the Department of Creative Technology, Faculty of Science & Technology, in July 2016. He was a Part-time Lecturer at the NCCA of the Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, in 2014, teaching Computer Animation Pre-Production - 3D Modelling Fundamentals to the undergraduate courses. Prior to joining Bournemouth University, he was a Lecturer in Animation at the School of Arts of the Catholic University, in Portugal.
Jose completed his PhD in Computer Animation at the NCCA - Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, focused on character body expression in 3D computer animation, which proposes a new posing approach.
Research interests: Character animation, computer animation for movies and games, 3D and 2D animation, virtual humans, body expression.
- Simons, A., pedersen, K.P., fonseca, J.F. and prakoonwit, S.P., 2017. What’s Wrong with the Feedback? Elsevier.
- Poudel, R.P.K., Fonseca, J.A.S., Zhang, J.J. and Nait-Charif, H., 2013. A unified framework for 3D hand tracking. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 8033 LNCS (PART 1), 129-139.
- Simons, A., pedersen, K.P., fonseca, J.F. and Prakoonwit, S.P., 2017. What’s Wrong with the Feedback? In: Edutainment 2017 26-28 June 2017 Bournemouth. Elsevier.
- Poudel, R.P.K., Fonseca, J.A.S., Zhang, J.J. and Nait-Charif, H., 2013. A Unified Framework for 3D Hand Tracking. 129-139.
- Fonseca, 2015. Character Body Expression in 3D Computer Animation: a New Posing Approach. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Media and Communication - NCCA.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Game Assets & Content Creation (3D Modelling and Animation)
- Modelling for Animation
- Animation for Games
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Poster presentation at SIGRAPH 2016, 24-28 of July 2016, at Anaheim, California, USA
- PhD in Computer Animation (Bournemouth University, 2016)
- MA in Digital Arts - Animation (Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, Portugal, 2002)
- Licentiate Degree in Teaching Visual Arts and Technology (Escola Superior de Educacao de Santarem, Portugal, 1997)
- ACM SIGGRAPH, Member (2016-),
- Society for Animation Studies, Member (2014-),