- pedersenk at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Games Technology
- Poole House P325a, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Karsten is the Programme Leader for Game Software Engineering in the Department of Creative Technology at Bournemouth University within the Faculty of Science and Technology.
He has completed his PhD where he was looking into ways to facilitate platform agnostic development of software via the separation of the OpenGL graphical pipeline across a network. This research was pioneered whilst working for 3 years in the games industry as a software programmer.
His main areas of interest include systems level architecture and development, network and multiplayer and code correctness and safety using C and C++.
- Pedersen, K., Hulusic, V., Amelidis, P. and Slattery, T., 2020. Spatialised Audio in a Custom-Built OpenGL-based Ear Training Virtual Environment. IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications.
- Simons, A., Pedersen, K., Fonseca, J. and Prakoonwit, S., 2017. What’s Wrong with the Feedback? Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 10345 LNCS, 251-261.
- Pedersen, K., Gatzidis, C. and Tang, W., 2018. OpenGL vertical bar D - An Alternative Approach to Multi-user Architecture. 57-74.
- Lynch, S., Pedersen, K., Charles, F. and Hargood, C., 2019. M22 - A modern visual novel framework. NHT 2019 - Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Narrative and Hypertext, 9-13.
- Pedersen, K., Gatzidis, C. and Tang, W., 2018. OpenGL. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 10830 LNCS, 57-74.
- Pedersen, K., Tang, W. and Gatzidis, C., 2017. OpenGL. Proceedings - 2017 International Conference on Cyberworlds, CW 2017 - in cooperation with: Eurographics Association International Federation for Information Processing ACM SIGGRAPH, 2017-January, 198-201.
- Simons, A., pedersen, K.P., fonseca, J.F. and Prakoonwit, S.P., 2017. What’s Wrong with the Feedback? In: Edutainment 2017 26-28 June 2017 Bournemouth. Elsevier.
- Pedersen, K., Tang, W., Gatzidis, C. and IEEE, 2017. OpenGL vertical bar D - A Multi-user Single State Architecture for Multiplayer Game Development. 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CYBERWORLDS (CW), 198-201.
- Simons, A., Pedersen, K., Abdulaziz, H. and Melacca, D., 2016. Scale Model Games (SMG): An introduction to a new type of game play. Proceedings of the 30th International BCS Human Computer Interaction Conference, HCI 2016, 2016-July.
- Pedersen, K., Gatzidis, C. and Northern, B., 2013. Distributed DeepThought: Synchronising complex network multi-player games in a scalable and flexible manner. 2013 3rd International Workshop on Games and Software Engineering: Engineering Computer Games to Enable Positive, Progressive Change, GAS 2013 - Proceedings, 40-43.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Game Engine Programming, 3D Graphics Programming with OpenGL
- ACM, Member (2012-), http://www.acm.org/