Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Karsten Pedersen is a lecturer in the Creative Technology Department at Bournemouth University within the Faculty of Science and Technology.
He is currently working towards his PhD where he is looking at the facilitation of platform agnostic software development. This research was pioneered whilst working for 3 years in the games industry as a software programmer.
His main areas of interest include systems level architecture and development, network and multiplayer and code correctness using C and C++.
- Pedersen, K., Hulusic, V., Amelidis, P. and Slattery, T., 2020. Spatialised Audio in a Custom-Built OpenGL-based Ear Training Virtual Environment. IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications.
- Simons, A., Pedersen, K., Fonseca, J. and Prakoonwit, S., 2017. What’s Wrong with the Feedback? Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 10345 LNCS, 251-261.
- Pedersen, K., Gatzidis, C. and Tang, W., 2017. OpenGL | D- An Alternative Approach to Multi-user Architecture. Transactions on Computational Science. Springer.
- Lynch, S., Pedersen, K., Charles, F. and Hargood, C., 2019. M22 - A modern visual novel framework. 9-13.
- Pedersen, K., Gatzidis, C. and Tang, W., 2018. OpenGL. 57-74.
- Pedersen, K., Tang, W. and Gatzidis, C., 2017. OpenGL. 198-201.
- Simons, A., pedersen, K.P., fonseca, J.F. and Prakoonwit, S.P., 2017. What’s Wrong with the Feedback? In: Edutainment 2017 26-28 June 2017 Bournemouth. Elsevier.
- Pedersen, K., Tang, W. and Gatzidis, C., 2017. OpenGL|D - A Multi-user Single State Architecture for Multiplayer Game Development. In: 2017 International Conference on CYBERWORLDS 20-22 September 2017 Chester, United Kingdom.
- Simons, A., Pedersen, K., Abdulaziz, H. and Melacca, D., 2016. Scale Model Games (SMG): An introduction to a new type of game play.
- Pedersen, K., Gatzidis, C. and Northern, B., 2013. Distributed DeepThought: Synchronising complex network multi-player games in a scalable and flexible manner. 40-43.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Game Engine Programming, Graphics & Computational Programming, AI Game Programming, Mobile Games Programming
- ACM, Member (2012-), http://www.acm.org/