Dr Samreen Ashraf
- 01202 968327
- sashraf at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic in Marketing
- Dorset House D158, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr. Samreen Ashraf is a Principal Academic in Marketing and is a Post Graduate Researchers Lead in the department of Marketing, Strategy and Innovation at Bournemouth University Business School. Additionally, she is the Programme Leader for the first cross-faculty 4 years degree BSc (Hons) Marketing. Samreen has also taught at London School of Economics for their summer school in 2021.
Samreen is the first Pakistani to win Jane K. Fanyo Award from the Academy of Marketing Science for best research paper. She is a Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy of UK and was invited to be on the Judging Panel for renowned American Stevie awards for Women in Business Awards. Samreen has also been featured on SAGE Publishers researchers interview series.
Samreen has completed her PhD in 2021 and her thesis focused on 'The role of consumer multiple identities in bank choice in Pakistan'. Samreen has been on the guest editorial panel of Journal of Financial Services Marketing.
Samreen has presented her research at various national and international conferences and has published in peer reviewed journals and has also been invited as a guest speaker on various occasions...
Her research areas include : multiple identities, digital identity, financial services, trust repair, religious influence on consumption, sustainable consumption, and consumer behaviour.more
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Good health and well-being
"Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages"
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
Responsible consumption and production
"Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns"
- Ashraf, S., Williams, A.M. and Bray, J., 2022. Female Muslim identity and modest clothing consumption in the UK. Journal of Islamic Marketing.
- Bolat, E., Robson, J., Sit, K.J., Birch-Chapman, S., Ashraf, S., Memery, J. and Jackson, C., 2020. Service brand rehab: diagnosing trust repair mechanisms. Qualitative Market Research, 23 (4), 725-746.
- Robson, J., Waite, K. and Ashraf, S., 2016. Academy of Marketing conference 2015 special issue. Journal of Financial Services Marketing, 21 (2), 87-89.
- Ashraf, S., Robson, J. and Sekhon, Y., 2015. Consumer trust and confidence in the compliance of Islamic banks. Journal of Financial Services Marketing, 20 (2), 133-144.
- Robson, J., Farquhar, J. and Ashraf, S., 2020. Brand Spillover within the Insurance Ecosystem: An Abstract. Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science. 207-208.
- Ashraf, S., Robson, J. and Farquhar, J., 2019. For Me, My Parents Come First: Role and Religious Identity in Consumer Bank Choice in Pakistan: An Abstract. Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science. 915-916.
- Ashraf, S., 2018. CSR in Pakistan: The Case of the Khaadi Controversy. 247-269.
- Ashraf, S. and Musarskaya, M., 2018. Green Identity, Myth or Reality: An Abstract. Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science. 283.
- Robson, J., Ashraf, S. and Abdullrahim, N., 2017. Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust: A Comparative Study of Consumer Trust in Islamic Banks—A Structured Abstract. Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science. 1489-1494.
- Ashraf, S., 2020. Between a Banker and a Barbie: The Illusions of Social Media: An Abstract. , 3-4.
- Ashraf, S., 2018. Consumer Multiple Identities and Brand: The case of Pakistani banking sector. In: 3rd INTERNATIONAL COLLOQUIUM ON DESIGN, BRANDING AND MARKETING 5-6 April 2017 Bournemouth University. No.
- Ashraf, S., 2018. Batman and Barbie wants to be a Doctor: Drawing students’ digital identities. In: Academy of MArketing SIG Marketing of Higher Education Colloquium 3 April 2017 Kingston University- London.
- Bolat, E., Robson, J., Ashraf, S., Sit, K., Birch-Chapman, S., Memery, J. and Jackson, C., 2017. Corporate brand rehab: Diagnosing trust repair mechanisms in the service sectors. In: 3rd International Colloquium on COBIIR: Current and Future Trends, Developments and Challenges 7-8 September 2017 Middlesex Universtiy, London, UK.
- Jackson, C., Robson, J., Bolat, E., Memery, J., Sit, J. and Ashraf, S., 2017. When brand trust is tested. In: The Visitor Economy: Strategies and Innovations 4-6 September 2017 Bournemouth University.
- Robson, J., Memery, J., Jackson, C., Sit, K., Bolat, E., Ashraf, S. and Birch, S., 2017. Trust Me: I’m no longer a damaged brand. In: McIntyre, C., ed. 3rd international colloquium on design, brand and marketing 5 April 2017 Bournemouth University.
- Robson, J. and Ashraf, S., 2016. Perceptions and use of pension savings: the case of South Asian consumers living in the UK. In: Academy of Marketing 5 July-7 October 2016 Newcastle, UK.
- Robson, J., Ashraf, S. and Abdullrahim, N., 2016. FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF CONSUMER TRUST IN ISLAMIC BANKS. In: Academy of Marketing Science 18 May-21 October 2016 Orlando, Florida.
- Robson, J. and Ashraf, S., 2016. The Interplay of Life Events, Religion, and Consumption in Islamic Banking. , 125-126.
- Ashraf, S., 2015. Key triggers points and consumer financial decisions. In: British Academy of Management 9-11 September 2014 Belfast.
- Ashraf, S.A.M.R.E.E.N. and Robson, J.U.L.I.E., 2014. Consumer trust in the compliance of Islamic banks. In: Academy of Marketing 7-11 July 2014 Bournemouth.
- Ashraf, S., 2021. The role of consumer multiple identities in bank choice in Pakistan. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University Business School.
- Bolat, E. et al., 2016. Digital Me, Pop-up Photo Exhibition. Photo. Digital Me. Sovereign Shopping Centre, Boscombe, Bournemouth. 5 November 2016.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Marketing and Strategy
Profile of Teaching UG
- Strategic Management
- Principles of Marketing (Level 4/First Year), Developing Strategies for Global Markets (Level 6/Final Year)
Juggling multiples identities successfully, Bournemouth University, 01 Dec 2021 more
Dr. Samreen Ashraf was invited as a Keynote Speaker at the 13th Annual Postgraduate Conference organised by the Doctoral College- Bournemouth University on 01/12/21. The keynote covered Samreen’s research topic of multiple identities where she talked about juggling multiples identities successfully.
Entrepreneurial Identity, Foundation University Islamabad- Pakistan (Via Zoo, 23 Nov 2021 more
Dr. Samreen Ashraf was invited to be a guest speaker at the Virtual Bootcamp even organised at the Foundation University Islamabad- Pakistan for the aspiring entrepreneurs. The event was well attended by national and international audiences.
Your Global Identity, Bournemouth University- Skills MasterClass, 13 Oct 2021 more
Dr. Samreen Ashraf was invited for a guest talk on 'Your Global Identity' as a part of Bournemouth University Skills MasterClass.
12 Jan 2017 more
Was invited to deleiver a lecture at University of Gujrat- Pakistan
Bournemouth University, 14 Dec 2016 more
Was invited to deleiver a lecture by Institute of Directors at Bournemouth University on 'success in a digital world, a destination or a journey'
The impact of consumer identity..consumption, Canterbury Universtity, 09 Jan 2015 more
- Innovative Career Fair for BCP (Bournemouth and Poole Council, 01 Mar 2022). Awarded
- Trust repair in the service sectorThis item is a favourite (BU QR, 01 Dec 2016). Awarded
- ‘Perceptions and use of pension savings: the case of South Asian consumers living in the UK’ (Academy of Marketing Research Initiative Funding, 01 Aug 2015). Completed
- University of Winchester, External Panel Member for Courses Re validation (2021)
- London School of Economics, Teaching Consumer Behaviour in Summer School (2021)
- PGR Lead- MSI, Research Team
- Programme Leader- BSc Marketing, FOM
- Programme coordinator- level 4- BSc Marketing, Department of Marketing
- Qualitative Market Research, 01 Jan 2019
- Journal of Financial Services Marketing, 13 May 2015
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- BU Festival of Learning 2018. Trust Deficit causes and remedies for businesses (Masterclass). (19 Jun 2018)
- BU Festival of Learning, 2018 Trust Deficit (consultancy workshop) (19 Jun 2018)
- Lies and scandals: whatever happened to trust?; Festival of Learning 2017 (11 Jul 2017)
- Digital Me Pop-up Photo Gallery; ESRC Festival of Social Science 2016 (05 Oct 2016)
- PhD in consumer multiple identities (Bournemouth University, 2021)
- PGCE in Education Practices (Higher Education Academy, 2016)
- MBA in Financial Services (Bournemouth University, 2012)
- MBA in Marketing (Gujrat University- Pakistan, 2010)
- Jane K. Fenyo Award (for best research paper) (Academy of Marketing Science, 2019)
- Vice Chancellor PhD Scholarship (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- International MBA scholarship (Bournemouth university, 2011)
- British Academy of Manageemnt, Student (2013-),