- ccasey at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a part-time Nutrition Lecturer in the Department of Rehabilitation and Sports Science. I teach nutrition, psychology, and research methods for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. I am currently completing my PhD, funded by Bournemouth University in 2018, researching the mental health and wellbeing of postgraduate researchers. After completing my undergraduate degree in Psychology (BSc), I achieved a Distinction in my MSc, Nutrition and Behaviour, at Bournemouth University in 2018. I am a Registered Associate Nutritionist, accredited by the Association for Nutrition (AfN) and a graduate member of the British Psychological Society (BPS). I have teaching experience in Higher Education, awarded with Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA) in 2020.
- Casey, C., Harvey, O., Taylor, J., Knight, F. and Trenoweth, S., 2022. Exploring the wellbeing and resilience of postgraduate researchers. Journal of Further and Higher Education.
- Nyman, S.R., Casey, C. and Polman, R., 2021. Psychometric Properties of the ICECAP-O Quality of Life Measurement Tool When Self-reported by Community-dwelling Older People with Mild and Moderate Dementia. Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders.
- Spacey, A., Harvey, O. and Casey, C., 2020. Postgraduate researchers’ experiences of accessing participants via gatekeepers: ‘wading through treacle!’. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 1-18.
- Journal of Further and Higher Education, Anonymous peer review, 01 Sep 2020
External Media and Press
- Coping with Stress at University, The Food Medic, 31 Oct 2021. https://thefoodmedic.co.uk/2020/10/coping-with-stress-at-university/
- Measuring Student Wellbeing, The British Education Studies Association, 31 Oct 2020. https://educationstudies.org/blog-post-student-wellbeing/
- Stress and Coping, The Food Medic, 30 Apr 2020. https://thefoodmedic.co.uk/2020/04/stress-coping/
- PhDs During the Pandemic, The Food Medic, 31 Mar 2020. https://thefoodmedic.co.uk/2020/03/phds-during-the-pandemic/