Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a full-time nutrition lecturer in the Department of Rehabilitation and Sports Science. I teach psychology and behaviour change in relation to nutrition for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. I also teach research methods for a number of courses in the department.
I am currently completing my PhD, funded by Bournemouth University, researching the mental health and wellbeing of postgraduate researchers. After completing my undergraduate degree in Psychology (BSc), I achieved a Distinction in my MSc, Nutrition and Behaviour, at Bournemouth University in 2018. I am a Registered Associate Nutritionist, accredited by the Association for Nutrition (AfN) and a graduate member of the British Psychological Society (BPS). I have teaching experience in Higher Education, awarded with Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA) in 2020.
I am open to opportunities to collaborate in the research areas of student mental health and nutrition.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
- Casey, C., Harvey, O., Taylor, J., Knight, F. and Trenoweth, S., 2022. Exploring the wellbeing and resilience of postgraduate researchers. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 46 (6), 850-867.
- Nyman, S.R., Casey, C. and Polman, R., 2021. Psychometric Properties of the ICECAP-O Quality of Life Measurement Tool When Self-reported by Community-dwelling Older People with Mild and Moderate Dementia. Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders.
- Spacey, A., Harvey, O. and Casey, C., 2020. Postgraduate researchers ’ experiences of accessing participants via gatekeepers : ‘ wading through treacle !’. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 45 (4), 433-450.
- Spacey, A., Harvey, O. and Casey, C., 2020. Postgraduate researchers’ experiences of accessing participants via gatekeepers: ‘wading through treacle!’. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 1-18.
- Journal of Further and Higher Education, Anonymous peer review, 01 Sep 2020
- MSc in Nutrition and Behaviour (Bournemouth University, 2018)
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology (Southampton Solent University, 2013)
- Associate Fellow (Higher Education Academy, 2020)
Social Media Links
External Media and Press
- Coping with Stress at University, The Food Medic, 31 Oct 2021. https://thefoodmedic.co.uk/2020/10/coping-with-stress-at-university/
- Measuring Student Wellbeing, The British Education Studies Association, 31 Oct 2020. https://educationstudies.org/blog-post-student-wellbeing/
- Stress and Coping, The Food Medic, 30 Apr 2020. https://thefoodmedic.co.uk/2020/04/stress-coping/
- PhDs During the Pandemic, The Food Medic, 31 Mar 2020. https://thefoodmedic.co.uk/2020/03/phds-during-the-pandemic/