- ccasey at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Chloe is a lecturer in Nutrition and Behaviour within the Department of Rehabilitation and Sports Sciences. Chloe teaches psychology and behaviour change on the portfolio of nutrition undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Bournemouth University. Chloe is a mixed methods researcher, teaching qualitative research methods across a number of courses in the Department of Rehabilitation and Sports Sciences.
Chloe is currently completing her PhD, funded by Bournemouth University, researching the mental health and wellbeing of postgraduate researchers. After completing her undergraduate degree in Psychology (BSc Hons), she achieved a Distinction in my MSc, Nutrition and Behaviour, at Bournemouth University in 2018. Chloe is a Registered Associate Nutritionist, accredited by the Association for Nutrition (AfN) and a graduate member of the British Psychological Society (BPS). Chloe was awarded with Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA) in 2020.
Chloe is open to opportunities to collaborate in research relating to nutrition and the interplay with mental health, wellbeing, and resilience.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Good health and well-being
"Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages"
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
- Nyman, S.R., Casey, C. and Greenwood, N., 2023. Hypothesis: Dementia Diminishes Interdependence in Health and Quality of Life Among Spousal Partners. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord.
- Casey, C., Harvey, O., Taylor, J., Knight, F. and Trenoweth, S., 2022. Exploring the wellbeing and resilience of postgraduate researchers. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 46 (6), 850-867.
- Nyman, S.R., Casey, C. and Polman, R., 2021. Psychometric Properties of the ICECAP-O Quality of Life Measurement Tool When Self-reported by Community-dwelling Older People with Mild and Moderate Dementia. Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders.
- Spacey, A., Harvey, O. and Casey, C., 2020. Postgraduate researchers ’ experiences of accessing participants via gatekeepers : ‘ wading through treacle !’. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 45 (4), 433-450.
- Spacey, A., Harvey, O. and Casey, C., 2020. Postgraduate researchers’ experiences of accessing participants via gatekeepers: ‘wading through treacle!’. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 1-18.
- Casey, C. and Trenoweth, S., 2022. Promoting your own wellbeing. Understanding Mental Health Practice for Adult Nursing Students. Sage.
- Journal of Further and Higher Education, Anonymous peer review, 01 Sep 2020
- MSc in Nutrition and Behaviour (Bournemouth University, 2018)
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology (Southampton Solent University, 2013)
- Associate Fellow (Higher Education Academy, 2020)
- Association for Nutrition, Associate (2018-), https://www.associationfornutrition.org/
- British Psychological Society, Member (2018-), https://www.bps.org.uk/
Social Media Links
- LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/in/chloe-casey-8a845966/
- Twitter, @chloeinhe
External Media and Press
- Coping with Stress at University, The Food Medic, 31 Oct 2021. https://thefoodmedic.co.uk/2020/10/coping-with-stress-at-university/
- Measuring Student Wellbeing, The British Education Studies Association, 31 Oct 2020. https://educationstudies.org/blog-post-student-wellbeing/
- Stress and Coping, The Food Medic, 30 Apr 2020. https://thefoodmedic.co.uk/2020/04/stress-coping/
- PhDs During the Pandemic, The Food Medic, 31 Mar 2020. https://thefoodmedic.co.uk/2020/03/phds-during-the-pandemic/