- 01202 962759
- pphillips at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Paramedic Science
- Royal London House R509, Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LT
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Peter is lecturer in Paramedic Science. He has been a Paramedic since 2008, working in London and Dorset, and currently practices as an Emergency Care Practitioner in urgent care. Peter is currently undertaking a PhD looking at psychological resilience in newly qualified Paramedics using a longitudinal, mixed methods design.
His aim through teaching activities is to enable Bournemouth University graduates to excel in the workplace and in their Paramedic careers.
- Phillips, P., 2020. What out-of-hours antibiotic prescribing practices are contributing to antibiotic resistance: a literature review. British Paramedic Journal, 4 (4), 25-33.
- Phillips, P., 2019. Managing common end-of-life cancer presentations according to the evidence. Journal of Paramedic Practice, 11 (5).
- Phillips, P. and Searle-Barnes, S., 2017. Point-of -care testing for C-reactive protein in acute cough presentations. Journal of Paramedic Practice: the clinical monthly for emergency care professionals, 9 (1), 27-32.
- Phillips, P., 2016. Flippin' Education: A New Pedagogy for Paramedic Students? Journal of Paramedic Practice: the clinical monthly for emergency care professionals, 8 (7), 338-342.
- Phillips, P., 2015. Teaching to Encourage Deep Learning in Paramedic Science Students: A Case Study. Journal of Paramedic Practice: the clinical monthly for emergency care professionals, 7 (11), 560-567.
- Phillips, P., 2019. What Factors Affect Resilience in UK Paramedics? A Structured Literature Review. In: EMS 2019 26-28 April 2019 Madrid, Spain.
- Phillips, P., 2017. Stress and Coping: Exploring the nature of resilience in UK Paramedic Practice. In: EMS Gathering 2017 3-5 May 2017 Kinsale, Ireland.
- Darby, Schroth, C. and Phillips, 2017. Standby CPD Pneumonia or just a cough?. Class Professional.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Unit lead, Level 5 Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
- Unit lead, Level 6 Paramedic Care of Minor Injuries
- Unit lead, level 6 Research for Paramedics
- St Georges' University London, External Examiner BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science (2015-2018)
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Delivered workshops on resuscitation to members of the public
- Filming a short film for Belong at BU for aspirant BU/HE students
- CELebrate, Changing Profession Identity, 13 Aug 2016, Bournemouth University
- PGCE in Higher Education (Bournemouth University, 2015)
- BSc (Hons) in Emergency and Urgent Care Practice (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- BSc (Hons) in Paramedic Science (University of Hertfordshire, 2009)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2015-),
- College of Paramedics, Member,