Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Peter graduated from BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science in 2009 and worked as a paramedic in London and Dorset. In 2013, Peter graduated as an Emergency Care Practitioner (Specialist Paramedic), delivering emergency and urgent care within an NHS Ambulance Service and Out-of-Hours GP Service. Since 2014 Peter has been a full time lecturer at Bournemouth University and is now joint programme lead of BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science. He has a wide range of both education and clinical research interests, and in 2016 commenced a PhD studying the nature of resilience in newly qualified paramedics. Peter’s passion is in championing the paramedic profession and enabling BU graduates to make a positive impact upon the paramedic profession as a whole.
- Phillips, P. and Searle-Barnes, S., 2017. Point-of -care testing for C-reactive protein in acute cough presentations. Journal of Paramedic Practice: the clinical monthly for emergency care professionals, 9 (1), 27-32.
- Phillips, P., 2016. Flippin' Education: A New Pedagogy for Paramedic Students? Journal of Paramedic Practice: the clinical monthly for emergency care professionals, 8 (7), 338-342.
- Phillips, P., 2015. Teaching to Encourage Deep Learning in Paramedic Science Students: A Case Study. Journal of Paramedic Practice: the clinical monthly for emergency care professionals, 7 (11), 560-567.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Unit Lead, Fundamentals of Long-Term Care Across the Lifespan - Level 5
- Advancing Paramedic Practice - Level 5
- Paramedic Portfolio 2 - Level 5
- Paediatrics and Obstetrics - Level 5
- Skills and Strategies - Level 5
- Pharmacology - Level 4
- Anatomy and Physiology - Level 4
- Fundamentals of Acute Care - Level 4
- Identifying Core Skills and Strategies - Level 4
- Practice Portfolio 1, Unit Lead 2015
- Unit Lead, Paramedic Context 1 Level 4 2015
- St Georges' University London, External Examiner BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science (2015-2018)
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Delivered workshops on resuscitation to members of the public
- Filming a short film for Belong at BU for aspirant BU/HE students
- EMS Gathering, Stress and Coping: Exploring the nature of resilience in UK NHS Paramedics, 04 May 2017, Kinsale, Ireland
- CELebrate, Changing Profession Identity, 13 Aug 2016, Bournemouth University
- BSc (Hons) in Paramedic Science (University of Hertfordshire, 2009)
- BSc (Hons) in Emergency and Urgent Care Practice (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- PGCE in Higher Education (Bournemouth University, 2015)
- College of Paramedics, Member,
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2015-),