- idarby at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Iain joined Royal Berkshire Ambulance Service in 2000 as an ambulance technician. After completion of the IHCD Paramedic award he went on to become a registered Paramedic in 2005. Iain has worked in a number of different roles, with both Royal Berkshire and South Central Ambulance Services, including Clinical Supervisor and Clinical Team Leader. In addition, he has completed a Diploma of Higher education in Paramedic Science through the Open University in 2014. In 2016, Iain moved to a full-time role within the Paramedic Science team at Bournemouth University where he is the programme leader and also holds a number of teaching responsibilities and research interests, as well as continuing to work as a Paramedic for SCAS. Iain completed a Post Graduate Certificate in Health Sciences from the University of Southampton in 2017. In July 2018, he completed the Post Graduate Certificate in Education Practice therefore gaining Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
- Jadzinski, M., Jack, E. and Darby, I., 2019. What value does peer-assisted learning have in the training of student paramedics? Journal of Paramedic Practice.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Paramedic Care of Minor Ailments- Level 6- Unit Lead
- Paramedic Science Context 3- Unit Lead- Level 6
- Paramedic Practice Portfolio 3- Unit Lead- Level 6
- Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology - Unit Lead- Level 4
- Anatomy and Physiology for Paramedics- Disease Processes Unit Lead- Level 5
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- A session involving local secondary school 6th formers whereby a brief insight into the Paramedic profession was given. This was done via a presentation detailing the role of the paramedic plus what is offered at BU in terms of our BSc programme in Paramedic Science. In addition, a number of interactive 'skills stations' were run in order to provide a hands on experience of a range paramedic skills.
- EMS 2019, Alternative Teaching Methods in Undergraduate Paramedic Education, 26 Apr 2019, Madrid
- PGCE in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2018)
- PGCert in Health Sciences (The University of Southampton, 2017)
- DipHE in Paramedic Science (The Open University, 2014)