- ebickle at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Learning Development
- PhD Supervisor
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
- Kantcheva, R. and Bickle, E., 2023. Inclusive learning development practices: the consequences of flexibility and choice in the hybrid era. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education, 26 (Special Edition, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion).
- Bickle, E., Mayer, M. and Allen, S., 2022. Learning development 2030. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education, 25 (Special Edition, ALDinHE Conference Proceedings and Reflections).
- Johnson, I., Welton, K., Sum, K., Rafferty, V., Kantcheva, R., Nodder, J., Chin, P., Canton, U., Bishopp-Martin, S. and Bickle, E., 2022. Collaborative writing communities for learning development research and practice. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education, Special Edition 25: ALDinHE Conference Proceedings and Reflections.
- Bickle, E., Bishopp-Martin, S., Canton, U., Chin, P. and Johnson, I., 2022. Emerging from the third space chrysalis: Experiences in a non-hierarchical, collaborative research community of practice. Journal of University Teaching and Learning Practice, 18 (7), 135-158.
- Bickle, E., Allen, S. and Mayer, M., 2021. The use of virtual drop-in sessions during COVID-19 as a means increase engagement with Learning Development. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education.
- Gauntlett, L., Bickle, E., Collins, B., Heaslip, V., Thomas, G. and Eccles, S., 2017. Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis: A means of exploring aspiration and resilience amongst Widening Participation students. Widening Participation and Lifelong Learning, 19 (2).
- Allen, S. et al., 2022. Fusion Learning Colloquium 2022 - Proceedings. Poole, UK: Bournemouth University.
- Bickle, E., Allen, S. and Mayer, M., 2023. The Future of Learning Development: Two Visions. In: Syska, A. and Buckley, C., eds. How to Be a Learning Developer in Higher Education: Critical Perspectives, Community and Practice. Routledge.
- Thurston, J. and Polkinghorne, M., 2022. Students as Researchers. In: Fusion Learning Conference - Innovation and Excellence in the Pandemic 28 June-29 July 2021 Bournemouth University: UK. Poole, UK: Bournemouth University.
- Bickle, E., 2017. Becoming Aspirational Citizens: How Young People Create and Develop Aspirations Through Their Lived Experiences. In: FACE Annual Conference: Concepts of Value and Worth: National and International Perspectives on Widening Access and Participation 28-30 June 2017 The Glasgow School of Art.
- Gauntlett, L. and Bickle, E., 2016. A novel approach to researching the student experience across the higher education lifecycle: Using interpretative phenomenological analysis to explore ‘widening participation’ students’ aspiration and academic resilience. In: HE: Transforming lives through life-wide learning? 27-28 April 2016 Open University Milton Keynes.
- Bickle, E., 2018. Widening participation in higher education: an interpretative phenomenological analysis of the aspirations of young people living in low participation neighbourhoods. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Media and Communication.
- Allen, S. and Bickle, E., 2023. Academic Integrity and Artificial Intelligence: A Student Led R/Evolution. In: Fusion Conference, Bournemouth University.
- Allen, S., Bickle, E. and Holley, D., 2023. Revolution or Evolution? Artificial Intelligence (AI) and The Mechanics of Writing. In: Fusion Conference, Bournemouth University.
- Allen, S., Bickle, E. and Mayer, M., 2022. Academic Integrity: Explore, Examine, Enthuse, Educate and Expand. In: FLIE Conference 2022.
- Allen, S., Mayer, M. and Bickle, E., 2021. Enhancing Academic Integrity: Avoiding Academic Offences During Covid-19. In: Fusion Learning Conference 2021.
- Rebecca Hindley. Is scholarship a thing? An Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis of first-year business students’ lived experiences as they transition to the demands of university study, (In progress)
Profile of Teaching PG
- Continuing Academic Development
- Research Methods
- Developing and Reflecting on Higher Education Practice
Profile of Teaching UG
- Research Ethics
- Examining change: The future of Learning Development in Higher Education. (The Society for Educational Studies, 01 Sep 2022). Awarded
- Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education, Anonymous peer review, 01 Sep 2022
- ALDcon23, Academic Integrity and the role of Learning Development, 13 Jun 2023, University of Portsmouth
- ALDinHE Conference 2022, Collaborative writing communities for LD research and practice, 10 Jun 2022, University of Northampton
- ALDinHE Conference 2022, Learning Development 2030, 10 Jun 2022, University of Northampton
- SRHE Conference 2021, (Re)connecting, (Re)building: Higher Education in Transformative Times, Challenges and solutions to combating predatory essay mills: supporting student integrity in UK higher education, 06 Dec 2021, Online
- SRHE Conference 2021, (Re)connecting, (Re)building: Higher Education in Transformative Times, The Lived Experience of Learning Development Practitioners: Being, Thinking, Doing, and Reflecting, 06 Dec 2021, Online
- Certified Practitioner (CeP) (Association for Learning Development in Higher Education, 2022)
- Fellow (Higher Education Academy, 2022)
- The Society for Educational Studies, Member (2022-),
- SRHE, Member (2021-),
- Association for Learning Development in Higher Education Research Community of Practice