- lburgess at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Louise Burgess is a Research Assistant at the Orthopaedic Research Institute (ORI), at Bournemouth University. Louise joined ORI in April 2017 after completing a research placement whilst studying her undergraduate degree at Bournemouth. In her final year, Louise completed a dissertation entitled: "The Incidence of Injuries and Epidemiology of Osteoarthritis in Retired, Amateur, Rugby Union Players." Louise specialised in sports psychology, exercise physiology and injury rehabilitation whilst at University and now focuses her research on rehabilitation following major surgery and Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) guidelines.
The Incidence of Injuries and Epidemiology of Osteoarthritis in Retired, Amateur, Rugby Union Players
- Wainwright, T., McDonald, D. and Burgess, L., 2017. The role of physiotherapy in Enhanced Recovery after Surgery in the intensive care unit. ICU Management and Practice, 17 (3), 146-`47.
- Burgess, L. and Wainwright, T., 2017. Do patient information booklets on total hip and knee replacement surgeries prescribe exercise regimes that follow ERAS principles? In: 7th UK ERAS Society Conference.
- Burgess, L. and Wainwright, T., 2017. Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement Outcomes in the Elderly - An Opportunity for Further Improvement of ERAS pathways. In: 7th UK ERAS Society Conference.
- Gavin, J.P., Burgess, L.C. and Wainwright, T.W., 2017. NEUROMUSCULAR COMPARISON OF THE UPPER-LEG DURING ISOMETRIC BED EXERCISES AND FUNCTIONAL SIT-TO-STAND EXERCISES IN OLDER ADULTS. S391.
- Research and Impact in Active Ageing Symposium, The Incidence of Injuries and Epidemiology of Osteoarthritis in Retired, Amateur, Rugby Union Players, 24 Jun 2016, University of Cumbria
- Using Bibliometrics to Understand Research Impact, 06 Dec 2017
- University of Cumbria's Active Ageing Conference, 24 Jun 2016
- Robotic Hip Surgery and Enhanced Recovery after Surgery, 06 Nov 2017
- Good Clinical Practice, 16 Nov 2017, GCP certificate
- Escape Pain Presentation- Matthew Low, 22 Nov 2017
- 7th UK ERAS Conference, 10 Nov 2017
- BSc (Hons) in Sports Psychology and Coaching Sciences (Bournemouth University, 2016)
- Best poster presentation at Research and Impact in Active Ageing Symposium (University of Cumbria, 2017)