Dr Adil Saeed
- 01202 965714
- asaeed4 at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer (Academic) in Engineering
- Poole House P301, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
- Bajwa, R., 2018. Experimental analysis and modelling for reciprocating wear behaviour of nanocomposite coatings. Wear, 416-417, 89-102.
- Ahmed, M.K., Shahid, M., Khan, Z.A., Ammar, A.U., Saboor, A., Khalid, A., Hayat, A., Saeed, A. and Koohgilani, M., 2018. Electrochemical comparison of SAN/PANI/FLG and ZnO/GO coated cast iron subject to corrosive environments. Materials, 11 (11).
- Nazir, M., Khan, Z. and Saeed, A., 2018. Experimental Analysis and Modelling of C-crack Propagation in Silicon Nitride Ball Bearing Element under Rolling Contact Fatigue. Tribology international, 126, 386-401.
- Nazir, M.H., Saeed, A. and Khan, Z., 2018. Electrochemical Corrosion Failure Analysis of Large Complex Engineering Structures by using micro-LPR Sensors. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 268 (2018), 232-244.
- Nazir, H., Khan, Z., Saeed, A., Siddaiah, A. and Menezes, P., 2018. Synergistic Wear-Corrosion Analysis and Modelling of Nanocomposite Coatings. Tribology International, 121, 30-44.
- Saeed, A., 2017. A Novel Non-Destructive Sensing Technology for On-Site Corrosion Failure Evaluation of Coatings. IEEE Access, 6, 1042-1054.
Bajwa, R. and Rafique, S., 2017. Analyzing and modelling the corrosion behavior of Ni/Al
2O 3, Ni/SiC, Ni/ZrO 2and Ni/graphene nanocomposite coatings. Materials, 10 (11).
- Nazir, M.H., Saeed, A. and Khan, Z., 2017. A comprehensive predictive corrosion model incorporating varying environmental gas pollutants applied to wider steel applications. Materials Chemistry and Physics, 193, 19-34.
- Bajwa, R., Khan, Z., Nazir, H., Chacko, V. and Saeed, A., 2016. Wear and friction properties of electrodeposited Ni-based coatings subject to nano-enhanced lubricant and composite coating. Acta Metallurgica Sinica (English Letters), 4 (32), 1-9.
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z. and Nazir, M.H., 2016. Time Dependent Surface Corrosion Analysis and Modelling of Automotive Steel Under a Simplistic Model of Variations in Environmental Parameters. Materials Chemistry and Physics.
- Nazir, M.H., Khan, Z.A., Saeed, A. and Stokes, K., 2016. A model for cathodic blister growth in coating degradation using mesomechanics approach. Materials and Corrosion, 67 (5), 495-503.
- Nazir, H., Khan, Z., Saeed, A. and Stokes, K., 2016. A Predictive Model for Life Assessment of Automotive Exhaust Mufflers Subject to Internal Corrosion Failure due to Exhaust Gases Condensation. Engineering Failure Analysis, 63, 43-60.
- Nazir, H., Khan, Z., Saeed, A. and Stokes, K., 2015. Modelling the Effect of Residual and Diffusion induced Stresses on Corrosion at the Interface of Coating and Substrate. CORROSION Journal, 72 (4), 500-517.
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z.A. and Nazir, M.H., 2015. An optimised approach of protecting and sustaining large vehicle system. Sustainability (Switzerland), 7 (12), 16451-16464.
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z.A. and Montgomery, E.L., 2013. Corrosion damage analysis and material characterization of sherman and centaur-the historic military tanks. Materials Performance and Characterization, 2 (1), 30-44.
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z., Hadfield, M. and Davies, S., 2013. Material Characterization and Real-Time Wear Evaluation of Pistons and Cylinder Liners of the Tiger 131 Military Tank. Tribology Transactions, 56 (4), 637-644.
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z.A., Nel, M. and Smith, R., 2011. Non destructive material characterisation and material loss evaluation in large historic military vehicles. Insight - Non-Destructive Testing and Condition Monitoring, 53, 382-386.
- Khan, Z., Latif, J., Nazir, H., Saeed, A. and Stokes, K., 2017. Predictive and prognostic modelling and simulation of coating failures due to corrosion and mechanical failures. In: Materials Characterisation 2017 8th International Conference on Computational Methods and Experiments in Material and Contact Characterisation 21-23 June 2017 Tallinn, Estonia. Wessex Institute of Technology.
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z. and Rafik, T., 2017. Prediction and Prognostics of Engineered Surface Failures through Sensing Technologies within Large Mobile Assets. In: Society of Tribologists & Lubrication Engineers International Conference 21-25 May 2017 Atlanta, Georgia USA. USA: Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers.
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z., nazir, H. and Hadfield, M., 2016. The Impact of High Salt and Dust Particles on the Surface Durability of Waste-gate Turbocharger End Links. In: Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers (STLE) 15-19 May 2016 71st Annual Meeting and Exhibition, May 15-19, 2016 at the Bally's Las Vegas, Nevada USA.
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z., Nazir, H., Hadfield, M. and Smith, R., 2016. Research Impact of Conserving Large Military Vehicles through a Sustainable Methodology. In: Defence Heritage 2016 4-6 May 2016 Alicante, Spain.
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z. and Hadfield, M., 2015. Performance Evaluation of Surface Protection Applied to Large Vehicles. In: Contact and Surface 2015 21-23 April 2015 València, Spain. Wessex Institute, UK.
- Wilton-Smith, K., Khan, Z., Saeed, A. and Hadfield, M., 2014. Accelerated Corrosion tests of Waste-gated Turbocharger’s Adjustable and Fixed End Links. In: 11th International Conference on Surface Effects and Contact Mechanics 5-7 June 2013 Siena, Italy. Southampton: Wessex Institute of Technology, UK, 501-508.
- Saeed, Khan, Z. and Hadfield, M., 2012. Corrosion Resistance Evaluation of Coatings within Large Vehicles through Prohesion Testing. In: ASME/STLE 2012 International Joint Tribology Conference - IJTC2012 7-10 October 2012 Westin Denver Downtown, Denver, Colorado (USA.
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z., Garland, N., Montgomery, E. and Png, P., 2012. Accelerated Corrosion Testing of Centaur A27L (MBT) under a Simulated Museum Environment and Cyclic Neutral Salt Fog. In: The European Corrosion Congress 9-13 September 2012 Istanbul (Turkey).
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z., Hadfield, M. and Smith, R., 2012. Surface and Near Surface Material Characterisation of M10, A Historic Military Tank Destroyer. In: STLE 2012 Annual Meeting and Exhibition 6-10 May 2012 Renaissance Grand & America's Centre St. Louis, Missouri (USA.
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z. and Garland, N., 2012. An Experimental Study of Tribo-Corrosion in Historic Military Vehicles. In: 4th UK-China Tribology Symposium Lubricated and Chemical aspects of Wear 29-30 March 2012 Southampton University (UK).
- Saeed, A., Khan, Z.A., Garland, N.P. and Smith, R., 2011. Material characterisation to understand various modes of corrosion failures in large military vehicles of historical importance. In: Fifth International Conference on Computational Methods and Experiments in Materials Characterisation 13-15 June 2011 Kos, Greece. Wessex Institute of Technology, 95-106.
- Saeed, A., khan, Z., Hadfield, M. and Smith, R., 2011. The Effects of Fretting Corrosion on the Durability of Drivetrain in Large in-use Historic Vehicles. In: STLE 66th Annual Meeting & Exhibition 15-19 May 2011 Atlanta, GA (USA).
Profile of Teaching UG
- Advanced Computer Applications L6
- Engineering Principles L4
- Design and Electromechanical Systems
- Engineering Simulation L5
- Design Engineering Project 1 L4
- Computational Engineering L6
- The Society of Tribologists & Lubrication Engineers’ Surface Engineering, Vice Chair Surface Engineering Session (2018-2019), https://www.stle.org/files/Home/files/Default.aspx?hkey=d10dccd9-76c4-4b5d-9236-246b293d0be2
- The Society of Tribologists & Lubrication Engineers’ Surface Engineering, Secretary Surface Engineering Session (2017-2018), https://www.stle.org/files/Events/Events_Overview.aspx
- Special Issue Wear-Corrosion Synergy in International Journal of Corrosion, Guest Editor (2017-), https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijc/si/612103/cfp/
- Wessex Institute of Technology, Member of International Scientific Advisory Commit (2016-2019), https://www.wessex.ac.uk/conferences/2019/materials-characterisation-2019; 2018
- 8th International Conference on Computational Methods and Experiments in Material and Contact Characterisation, Member of the International Advisory Committee (2015-2017), http://www.wessex.ac.uk/conferences/2017/materials-characterisation-2017
- The Society of Tribologists & Lubrication Engineers’ Surface Engineering, Paper Solicitation Chair (2014-2015), https://www.stle.org/images/pdf/STLE_ORG/calls/Surface.pdf
- Centre for Excellence in Learning Bournemouth University, 06 Dec 2018
- Small Group Teaching, 28 Nov 2018
The data on this page was last updated at 04:10 on January 24, 2019.