- 01202 961327
- dpassmore at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Demonstrator in Computing
- Poole House P319, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
David Passmore is a Demonstrator in Computing at Bournemouth University teaching, primarily, units with programming and teamworking disciplines. He has a strong background in both application and software development, working within industry for 8 years as a lead developer and project manager. He has a keen interest in integrating technologies to improve business and functional processes. He has conducted research into the use of technology to aid in both education and clinical settings as well as its use to improve areas such as user’s health and their nutritional and mental wellbeing.
- Thomas, S., Pulman, A., Dogan, H., Jiang, N., Passmore, D., Pretty, K., Fairbanks, B., Smith, A.D. and Thomas, P.W., 2021. Creating a Digital Toolkit to Reduce Fatigue and Promote Quality of Life in Multiple Sclerosis: Participatory Design and Usability Study. JMIR Formative Research, 5 (12).
- Mavengere, N.B., Henriksen-Bulmer, J., Passmore, D., Mayes, H., Fakorede, O., Coles, M. and Atfield-Cutts, S., 2021. Applying innovative technologies and practices in the rapid shift to remote learning. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 48, 185-195.
- Thomas, S., Pulman, A., Passmore, D., Thomas, P., Jiang, N., Dogan, H., Pretty, K. and Smith, A.D., 2020. Enhancing engagement with fatigue management via a digital toolkit. MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS JOURNAL, 26 (2_SUPPL), 53.
- Appleton, K.M., Passmore, D., Burn, I., Pidgeon, H., Nation, P., Boobyer, C. and Jiang, N., 2019. An interactive mobile phone app (SMART 5-A-DAY) for increasing knowledge of and adherence to fruit and vegetable recommendations: Development and pilot randomized controlled trial. JMIR mHealth and uHealth, 7 (11).
- Appleton, K., Passmore, D., Burn, I., Pidgeon, H., Nation, P., Boobyer, C. and Jiang, N., 2020. A smart phone application for increasing fruit and vegetable knowledge and intakes: Development and inital testing. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NUTRITION SOCIETY, 79 (OCE2), E524.
- Technology Specialist, Professional Services
- Assessments Coordinator, Academic Services
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology Management (2015)